Re: Teepad Excavation SATURDAY NOVEMBER 9th!

Greg Johnson

After checking the bobcat website, the low end excavators are about 2000 lbs which would be too much for my little trailer.  trackhoes are more commonly called excavators.  I think you want one with some ability to pivot but wouldn't need a huge range.

Greg

On Monday, November 4, 2013 5:30 PM, Greg Johnson wrote:

I have a utility trailer that happens to be stored at Kelly's house this week while my riding mower is in the shop.  I don't know how heavy a trackhoe is in comparison. Adding a layer of plywood would allow it to handle a little more weight.  I'm not sure when my mower will be ready.  I have my kids this weekend, as I do tonight so I won't be at the meeting.  The trailer can be borrowed and I'll see if I can get out there with the kids at some point on Saturday.

Greg

On Monday, November 4, 2013 1:47 PM, Bill Gaskill wrote:

I would think a small trackhoe would be the most efficient and probably adequate for the job.
On Nov 4, 2013 1:45 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:
just so you know, I spent about 10 years running a backhoe on our farm.  I'm pretty solid with excavators as well.  I can pick up wherever you guys leave off on the weekend..
On Nov 4, 2013 1:40 PM, "Nathan Sexton" <sextondisc@...> wrote:

There will hopefully be concrete pouring going on the following week. I need to figure out what type of excavation equipment we need to rent and make sure we can get it hauled out to Adair. I printed up some signs saying the course will be closed from Nov 9 to Nov 16. I would like to pull the baskets while we are out there this Saturday. See everybody at the meeting.
  Nate

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM, <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

Sweet.

---In wdgc@..., <wdgc@...> wrote:

WDGC,
  Kendo is free to help us with excavation on Saturday, Nov. 9th. I think we should rent some power equipment for this job and see if we can't pull everything out. Kendo hopes to schedule a concrete pour later that week. Please mark your calendars, perhaps we could do some shed construction that day also.
  Nate