Re: Course Modification Vote Clarification

Bill Gaskill

Also (not to over state my case), but I would also argue that hole 10 has (2) forehand friendly pin positions (the berm, and right position) and only (1) backhand friendly one (straight), boner tree or none.

I know it's one hole I step up to regularly and think "ok, I need to start working on my (non-existent) forehand"

billy

On Feb 17, 2014 4:55 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

"Leaving half a tree only benefits back hand throwers. Should be cut fairly for all if it gets cut."

I would disagree with that assessment Mike.  I think a course should have a balance overall, but there can be definite forehand friendly and definite backhand friendly holes. (ahem...could use a few more backhand friendlies @ Willamette)

Plus, I'm not convinced that a well placed cut wouldn't benefit both.  An open fairway is an open fairway. 

whatever throwing style, all would benefit by not having to walk under a 500lb.+, half dead log every time they walk down the fairway...

I know the odds are against it, but widows have been made by such.

billy

On Feb 16, 2014 9:34 PM, "mike gibson" <disharoonone@...> wrote:

Leaving half a tree only benefits back hand throwers. Should be cut fairly for all if it gets cut.

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:54 PM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:

well, that's one voting option.
On Feb 16, 2014 6:52 PM, "Eric Smith" <inspectorsmith@...> wrote:

Or just leave it alone

From: wdgc@... [mailto:wdgc@...] On Behalf Of Bill Gaskill
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:19 PM
To: wdgc@...
Subject: Re: [wdgc] RE: Course Modification Vote Clarification

a couple stepwise cuts will be safer anyway.
On Feb 16, 2014 6:18 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:
yeah, thought about that when I was cutting recent fallen tree on 10- that's what it did....I figured I'd take a chunk off above where I wanted final cut, let it do any moving, then make final cut on angle that looks good.
billy
On Feb 16, 2014 4:54 PM, "Doug Ulfers" <doug.ulfers@...> wrote:

I kinda suspect if the #10 tree is cut off half way, the weight of the root ball will try and stand it back up close to vertical...Do it ..See what happens

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 8:01 AM, <disharoonone@...> wrote:

Is it two/thirds of the membership must approve the change--or two thirds of those voting?
Mike

Join main@wdgc.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.