Re: Course Modification Vote Clarification

Bill Gaskill

Also (not to over state my case), but I would also argue that hole 10 has (2) forehand friendly pin positions (the berm, and right position) and only (1) backhand friendly one (straight), boner tree or none.

I know it's one hole I step up to regularly and think "ok, I need to start working on my (non-existent) forehand"

billy

On Feb 17, 2014 4:55 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

"Leaving half a tree only benefits back hand throwers. Should be cut fairly for all if it gets cut."

I would disagree with that assessment Mike.  I think a course should have a balance overall, but there can be definite forehand friendly and definite backhand friendly holes. (ahem...could use a few more backhand friendlies @ Willamette)

Plus, I'm not convinced that a well placed cut wouldn't benefit both.  An open fairway is an open fairway.

whatever throwing style, all would benefit by not having to walk under a 500lb.+, half dead log every time they walk down the fairway...

I know the odds are against it, but widows have been made by such.

billy

On Feb 16, 2014 9:34 PM, "mike gibson" <disharoonone@...> wrote:

Leaving half a tree only benefits back hand throwers. Should be cut fairly for all if it gets cut.

On Sunday, February 16, 2014 6:54 PM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:

well, that's one voting option.

Or just leave it alone