Re: Doubles is at WILLAMETTE this Sunday!, 5/11/2014, 11:00 am

Bill Gaskill

Hey All,

I thought I was going to be able to make it out for Doubles today, but I'm down and out.
I've had a major Disc problem for years, according to my wife (ha!)  Now, unfortunately, it's a major cervical disc problem.
I blew out my C6,7 disc (in my neck)--muscle weakness, pain, numbness...etc etc etc. (Yes, my throwing arm...whine whine, sob sob!)
I'm probably looking at surgery in the next couple of weeks.
I initially thought that I would try to power on through and at least keep running dubs, even if i couldn't play. The problem is, even short rides in the car can be excruciating.
Even without surgery, I'd be out for most of the summer.  With surgery, it'd be even longer.

I've really REALLY enjoyed running WDGC Sunday Doubles, but I think I better step down now.  I know I'm a total wimp compared with the Mike and Craig run.  Maybe we can coax them back into action.  Or maybe it's time for someone younger (and less frail.  Ha!) to pick up and run with it.

I'll be at next months meeting (if I'm not freshly neurosurgerized).  I've got $$$ for the coffers.  ($100 less than before, thanks to Jordan's ace!)

Thanks everybody.  Good times.  You know you'll see me out playing ASAP!
billy

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM, <wdgc@...> wrote:

Reminder from:   wdgc Yahoo Group

Title:   Doubles is at WILLAMETTE this Sunday!

Date:   Sunday May 11, 2014
Time:   11:00 am - 12:00 pm (GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Notes:   Ignore the other reminder, it's an idiot. Doubles is at WILLAMETTE this Sunday, NOT at Adair!

Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo Messenger, and email.
Edit reminder options
Privacy | Terms