Re: call for agenda items

Doug Ulfers

I have a partial roll of sanded asphalt roofing the club can have... if deemed an appropriate material for preventing slipping.

On Jan 4, 2019, at 7:31 AM, marchaerling <XIIIMIH@...> wrote:

Might I suggest...if anyone knows where to get old asphalt roofing...from an old job, maybe hit up a contractor, they pay for disposal and would probably gladly let you take old stuff...could nail/screw it down to the steps.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 07:07 Everett Kaser <everett@... wrote:
Bryce wrote...
> I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
> last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
> can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
> are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
> backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
> work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME