Re: tee sign design

Richard Hervey

just in case you get to Tunison before me tonight - the door code this week is:
222539.  The desk person did not sound completely competent.  I asked about did I need to push the # sign after.  She ended up saying I should start with the # sign.  In my previous experience, I did note that it is important to note whether your push of each button registers.  So, you may have to play with it.  Hopefully, I'll be there ahead of you to enter the number.

Richard

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:34 AM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Apologies folks. I still do not have the official tee sign design as of this morning, but feel like I need to send out something before the meeting tonight... Here is the tee sign design proposal. I had to modify this myself, so it is not technically the real deal.

The tee sign itself is 9 x 12 inches. I propose to use the existing 4x4 posts. The sponsor sign will be a separate plaque for easier and less expensive replacement. Besides what we can see in the picture, my vision was to get the vinyl post covers with caps to encase the 4x4 posts. It will make them both look better and last longer. As well, for at least the holes with pin locations that are not visible, I would also like to mark pin locations. I REALLY like how they do it out al Albany with a couple holes drilled in the sign and a lock to mark the position. Simple, effective, and relatively safe from vandalism. The other option I explored is doing the eye bolts for locations and bolt/nut to mark it like it is done at Adair.

We can discuss some more of this tonight, but I want to at least put out there that, primarily due to budget constraints, we will not be getting much more complicated or fancy with the signs. We may add a piece of information or change the color theme, for instance, but we necessarily need to try to limit it. All said and done, the current proposal comes in at over $100 per sign assuming all the 4x4 posts are ready to go.

Robert

--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken