Ice Bowl, other news

Robert Voss

Hey disc golf fam,

Final reminder about the Ice Bowl charity benefit tournament for Linn Benton Food Share this weekend. You can register online at https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Wild_Willy_Ice_Bowl_2020, or just come on down to Willamette Saturday morning. Registration is 8 AM to 8:45 and we want to get the first round going by 9 AM. For $25 you get a disc of choice, a nested mini set, and a chili and cornbread lunch. We will also have a free raffle for all players featuring a Latitude 64 bag donated by Play It Again Sports Corvallis. We will also have an apparel vendor out there, CrackerJack Apparel. Not this time, but I'm hoping to get Tim to come out to a couple of the PDGA tournaments and custom print shirts on site for us.

In other news, I am moving the President's Cup this year. Tomorrow I am talking with the City of Albany about Bryant Park. And a piece of really exciting news, I received a commitment from Block 15 today for the title sponsorship of the President's Cup! Their contribution has increased the minimum added cash to $300!

We had a good turnout and some interesting discussion at the meeting Monday night. Among the regular topics we talked about looking for property for a new course, and about making a push to get paving done at Willamette Park. It's great to see some new faces and fresh ideas.

No Saturday league this weekend due to the tournament. Hope to see a bunch of people out there! Sunday dubs is still on, though - 11 AM at Adair.

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club