Re: Time to move on

Richard Hervey

Rob,

Let's talk soon.  I regret your resignation, but am not surprised given our club culture of "let the Pres do it all".

Richard

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 3:10 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello club,

Today was a triple whammy. It has been building, came close once before, but it has all collectively finally done it for me. It is time for someone else to step up and be club president and for me to take a step back from the club. I was never the right person for this job. I stepped in and took a job no one else wanted at the time because I didn't want to see the club die, but I don't want to do it anymore.

Now is as good a time as any since there isn't anything going on and hasn't been for a couple months. Next time we can have a meeting we will put in names for nominees and then vote the meeting after. I'll commit to running the couple club PDGA tournaments since I already said I would, if we still want me to, and if we even get to hold them.

I have my reasons is all there is to say about it. Think or say what we will, but it's been 2 years and I put more into it than most anyone else could know. I am okay with it and I only hope for the best for the future for the club.

Regards,

Rob

P.S.
I don't think the bylaws technically allow it and I'm too lazy to look right now, but if the other officers agree then we can go ahead and do it via email. For instance, have folks submit nominations via email in a set period, tally them, and then folks with at least 2 nominations would be put on a virtual ballot that would be emailed to the voting members.