Re: Join the club

Jay Sexton

You have convinced me Rob - where can I send my check - I do not want to
wait another minute to join the WDGC for 2021

Jay

On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:47:36 -0800, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello disc golf fam,

Were doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the
end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting
rights
as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just
contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event
join.
I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people
are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to
join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back
into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you
support, if we look at it that way.
I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and
people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments,
which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesnt matter
if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our
endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the
local disc golf courses.
My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of
ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things.
When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics
shift
in the last couple years, but the club isnt growing. That doesnt feel
successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with
twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work
parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have
club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that
happened
in the past. In the distant past at this point. Ive proven to you all
who
I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is
your
turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please
consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to
the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please
be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to
reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to
email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.
Respectfully,
Pres. Rob

Links:
------