Re: WDGC Invitation to Blodgett Woods Course - Kick off weekend

Jeremy Coulter

Hey would like to know if a noon tee time for the players club tournament with 3 people would work tomorrow

JC

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 9:07 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Mach VII baskets are about $350 with shipping. Mach X are closer to $500. Both at discount. That doesn't include any possible extras like welding on locking tabs.

Rob

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020, 9:02 PM Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Robert ran the numbers for DGA Mach VII baskets which have visibility options which add costs.
A quick check of their website, they start at $320 per hole for a hole course, or $420 if you are just buying one from the DGA.  Robert published something previously on the overall funding required to upgrade Willamette in his letter to the parks department.

Regards,
Greg

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 08:50:22 PM PST, Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Ron and everyone,

I would like a rough idea of when groups will show up to manage a flow of folks starting at hole 1.
I will need to manage a registration/check in station.

If I know that no one is coming for a while, I can take a break for lunch, work on part of the course, or maybe join a group to play.
If I get groups at the same time, I will have to stagger the starts on the 1st hole.

We set up the league in UDisc for scoring and I mapped the course today.
You can search for the Blodgett Woods course.
Oddly I can't figure out how to view the course map after I completed it.
I think it pops up when you start scoring the round.

I would like to capture the scores for the weekend in the UDisc league if possible but I know cell phone reception is sketchy in some areas of my property.

Regards,

Greg

On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, 06:36:08 PM PST, R E Lee <rokalee503@...> wrote:

Greg,

Karen and were wondering how much a new Mach basket costs? We are planning on heading out this weekend and play. Do we need to let you know the time?

Ron Lee
503 320 3575

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020, 10:43 PM Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

I have gone away from the traditional approach to hosting a club tournament and potluck lunch, which has been a Spring event.

See attached invitation to renew your WDGC membership for 2021 or join the club for the first time, and contribute to our clubs top funding priority for 2021, to buy new Mack VII baskets for Willamette Park.

I have move time in retirement, so I can manage making my course more available to club members as a benefit.
If I have some advance notice, there is a better chance that tee pads will get cleaned off.
There will be times when I opt to close the course, such as windy days which can cause hazardous conditions for falling limbs.

It is not noted in the flyer, but I will likely set up some sort of donation box for return visits after the kickoff weekend, with all donations going to Willamette Baskets for 2021.

Cheers,