Adair Update and Bark Chip Work Parties

Greg Johnson

I received an update from Shane from county parks dept yesterday.

They expect to finish the overhead cutting of hazard trees this Thursday.

Their intent is to only keep the park closed through this week.

Therefore, I am organizing work parties for Friday afternoon and Saturday starting at 9am.

Needed - bodies, wheel barrows, yard carts etc. for moving wood chips to the woods holes 6-9.
Pitch forks for loading & garden rakes for spreading are most useful with barkchips.
Gloves & work boots recommended.

For Saturday, we will hopefully also get a lawn tractor and pull behind cart to expand the effort to other areas accessible with limited traction.

I will seek further clarification if we can also reopen the oak grove holes.

Thanks,