Re: Adair Update and Bark Chip Work Parties

Greg Johnson

Crews keep finding more and more hazard trees to remove in the park, so their tree cutting will continue into Friday.

While this may restrict us from working bark chips to certain areas, but we will have plenty we can work on Friday afternoon while the park remains closed to the public.

Also breaking news, I initiated the order today with Innova for new baskets for Willamette, after talking with Nate Sexton.
I'm working with the same guy I  have ordered custom discs through going back 20 years.

Regards,

Greg Johnson

On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 10:22:38 AM PST, Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg@...> wrote:

I received an update from Shane from county parks dept yesterday.

They expect to finish the overhead cutting of hazard trees this Thursday.

Their intent is to only keep the park closed through this week.

Therefore, I am organizing work parties for Friday afternoon and Saturday starting at 9am.

Needed - bodies, wheel barrows, yard carts etc. for moving wood chips to the woods holes 6-9.
Pitch forks for loading & garden rakes for spreading are most useful with barkchips.
Gloves & work boots recommended.

For Saturday, we will hopefully also get a lawn tractor and pull behind cart to expand the effort to other areas accessible with limited traction.

I will seek further clarification if we can also reopen the oak grove holes.

Thanks,