Re: New Baskets

Robert Voss

Nate is a genius (thanks buddy!) and reminded me where my other $1000 in my head came from. The old baskets! Still need to get commitments from P&R on disposition, but I did fully intend to auction some of the baskets and figured $1k was doable!

President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 11:27 AM Robert Voss via groups.io <robertvoss.wdgc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
What we see here is that I don't have my finger on the pulse, am still using some old numbers, and that you don't have all the info on donations.

Well, the good news is that I will have collected a little over $2000 in the last few days. I have $1370 in my paypal account and another $500 in the GoFundMe with at least another $100 coming into it from Billy on a donation match. I am also counting on $900 in commitments that I don't yet have in hand. That is $3k.

So, not counting $1400 in shipping costs that I did not calculate, I have at $3000 of the $6000 I was using for a rounded number. I still feel like there is a commitment out there that I am forgetting, because I thought I was closer even without shipping. I am at work and can't dig for it now.

I really wanted this done by May 22. That delt much more achievable before this conversation. This adds $2000 to the tally I had in my head. It looks like I am back up to $4500 that I need to collect. Slightly depressing, but, okay, back to work I go...

Best,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 9:23 AM Greg Johnson <discgolfgreg@...> wrote:
Treasury Report:

We were in the hole on the Willy baskets with the $700 in shipping costs we tapped out all but about $200-250 of the club funds. So we spent pretty much $1500 in club working capital in addition to the $ raised for Willy baskets.  I deposited $450 yesterday which should put enough $ in but some of that $ is really for the tournament in May. The team fees from April Fools Dubs will help cover the insurance bill in May.

I figure we need to raise $7k to cover the 22 baskets for Adair including freight, so we need to raise a good deal more than you are estimating.

The baskets for Willamette shipped from CA. I have not seen a delivery update or gotten a call to arrange delivery yet, but expected this week. I will likely start assembly, and take pictures of delivery and assembly.

I will work on a repacking plan to use my cargo trailer to haul the assembled baskets to Willamette using my cargo trailer. I will save cardboard from the shipping boxes, to help with packing to avoid dinging up powder coat during transport. We will need to plan our install project and close the course for a few hours, sometime after I host April Fools Dubs in Blodgett on 4/3.

Greg
Treasurer

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 7:25 PM, Robert Voss
Hey all,

Quick update,

The baskets for Willamette should be here anytime. Then we figure out the logistics. We are still fundraising for Adair.

Thanks to Scott Withers for collecting some basket donations from his tournament. That's another $120! In addition to the $184 collected at our Blodgett tournament, and with the donations being matched by William Gaskill during March, and that's another $600 into the basket fund!

Also, Rob Dudenhoeder has donated $315 (and $50 earlier, too) to cover the cost of a basket. Thanks Rob!

I am estimating that we need another $3k to fully fund the rest of the baskets for Adair. Look for a couple fundraiser announcements in the near future.

Best,

Rob
El Pres