Re: Willamette Open Emergency!!

Mike Storrs

sept 29/30 is the most beautiful time of the year to play golf in the valley. People may not want to camp due to the chill nights. Just put something rain related (even handwarmers) in the players pack and the rain gods will be appeased.


--- In, Nathan Sexton <sextondisc@...> wrote:

Hey Everybody,
County parks has decided to veto our proposed WOXIV date due to a 200
person wedding at Adair on Saturday July 28th. I talked with them about
just not using the shelter but they are worried about the overall strain on
the parking and trash bins out there which I can understand. I talked to
city parks about possible dates to reschedule to and Willamette is free and
clear on:

July 7/8 (Bad Monkey Open)
July 14/15 (Willamette Wash)
Aug 18/19 (Calapooia Classic)
Aug 25/26 (Next Adventure Am Championships)
Sept 1/2 (Hornings Disc Golf Championships) Not sure who is running this or
how big it will be
Sept 8/9 (Crystal Mountain WA, Possibly Eugene Celebration)
Sept 15/16 (ORDGC)
Sept 29/30

It may be possible to convince parks to let us stick to our original
weekend if we are contained to the first two parking lots and do not go
beyond the ball fields. What are the members thoughts? Should we slink back
into late September again or should we try to compete with another event?

Join to automatically receive all group messages.