Re: Course closed sign & items

Bill Gaskill

I have been likened to a large horned beast visiting the shop of a purveyor of fine china...

Does anyone else have thoughts/feelings about Willamette hole #1 tee pad/ concrete toe gnome?

is that biased or leading in any way?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 11:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:

You must have forgot, coming up with an idea is the same as volunteering for same.

I'll provide the sledge when you've got the time. But we ought to be able to render the blob.

Still, what do we do with it, applied so lovingly. Maybe we could just teach Billy to walk.

JohnR

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM, doug Ulfers <doug.ulfers@...> wrote:

I believe a few deftly applied strokes with a 16# sledge would render the sackcrete/ gravel toe box on hole one at Willamette, pliable.
Doug U

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:

admonishing me against using latin, and you're spewing french acronyms....oh the hypocracy!

I think we may need to do something about hole #1.  I tripped on a concrete nubbin in my follow through...pretty sure it's why kc won (that, and the major tissue damage I suffered when he started throwing his discs at me!)

seriously though, I'm not a huge fan of what has become of hole #1.  I suppose it's the most difficult to change too, eh?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 10:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:

I picked up the blue course closed sign at Willamette yesterday. Where's it belong? I'll bring it to Monday's meeting barring something better.

I've also got 37 of the bricks for toe boxes and six sold concrete 6X12 in bricks that might want to go to Adair or be used at Willamette.

Still not sure how and whether to redo some of our first attempts to brick toe boxes at Willamette. Open to ideas.

I also ended up with a 60 pound bag of Sacrete that can go somewhere, other than the back of my truck. I also need to find a use for a four-foot rod of rebar or someplace to store it until the club comes up with a use.

I thought of using it to secure tee signs at Willamette when I was thinking about using wood sections from a Black Locust.

RSVP at will.

JohnR