Re: Club officer nominations

Eric Smith

I second the nomination of Greg Johnson as treasurer.

Eric Smith Construction &
Home Inspections
(541) 740-9535
CCB#76318

On Sep 27, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:

John wrote...
> WDGC by laws have us nominating club officers at the October meeting,
> Monday.

> Current President Everett has said and often repeated he is moving
> on--shipping out.

John is correct on both points. Current officers and appointees,
be thinking about whether you wish to continue in your current office
or not (I will not...). For those offices that are going to be
vacated (such as mine) be thinking about whether YOU would like to be
in that office and, if not, who you would LIKE to be in that office.
In the latter case, it's a good idea to approach that person BEFORE
nominating them at the meeting, to see if they have ANY interest (and
especially WILLINGNESS) to do so.

My guess is that Greg Johnson will continue as Treasurer, although I
can't speak for him. Neither Nate nor Greg have indicated any imminent
intention of leaving their appointments, but who knows? I haven't
conversed with Dr. Bob recently, so have no idea what his feelings
are regarding continuing as Secretary. Of course, ANY position can
be voted on, if someone wishes to run against an incumbent.

Whatever the case, it IS time to be thinking about the coming year,
both in terms of officers and in terms of goals for the coming year.

The October meeting is this coming Monday, October 1st, 7:00pm. This
will be the last meeting of this year at 7:00pm, the meeting time will
change back to 6:00pm in November.

I'm currently thinking that the 2012 President's Cup will be Saturday,
Dec 1. I wanted to do it in November this year, but the Hope Open is
Saturday Oct 27 (one week before Nov 3, the only weekend in November
that works for me and isn't before or after the week of Thanksgiving).
So, it's either have the Hope Open and President's Cup on back to back
Saturday's, or push the Cup to the 1st of December. It will be at
Adair, the course layout is still in flux but I hope to have it pretty
well set by Monday's meeting.