Re: Civility and a Clear Red Line

Bill Gaskill

oops..."vehemence".  too many sillybulls.

Civility is in short supply these days...just turn on your tv.

"Can't we all just get along?"

billy

On Oct 7, 2012 10:17 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

for my part, john,  I have never intended to label you as "crazy" in any sense of the term.

I'm sorry you interpreted it that way.

maybe I should have said "take your vehemenance down a notch or two."

The good and positive things you have to say much outweigh the irrational digs.  I wasn't being false when I said that I really value your recent contributions, both ideas and sweat.  I, for one, do not wish to censor you at all.  I just think it's unfortunate that your sometimes brilliant contributions get poisoned by negativity, some of your own crafting, some from the reactions of others.

I'm guilty of "stirring the pot" sometimes, I'll admit.

I will make a personal effort to keep things positive and label free.

For the record, I DID mean to imply that kc's "focus on safety" was a little bit CRAZY, given recent arm altering events...(this is what everett is talking about...you can't appreciate my tongue firmly planted in my cheek in an email!)

billy

On Oct 7, 2012 8:44 PM, "Everett Kaser" <everett@...> wrote:
John wrote...
> Take, for example, the movement afoot to label an unnamed club member as
> "Crazy Joe" or to otherwise attack or dismiss their ideas, proposals and
> comments with some version of craziness labeling. Aside from the obvious
> insult to the unfortunate folks among us who struggle with mental illness
> due to either their nature or nurture, it's corrosive to an atmosphere
> required for the free exchange of ideas and opinions.

I'll choose to take this paragraph as humorous tongue-in-cheek (at least
in part), since the reference to "folks struggling with mental illness"
is pretty much 100% exactly the same as your complaint regarding "Crazy
Joe" and such epithets.

EVERYONE: Let's play nice in our postings here, act the adults that
we're all supposed to be, and...

REMEMBER: Written text is INCREDIBLY difficult to interpret in the
manner in which it was written.  ie, emotion, humor and other subtleties
are nigh on impossible to convey with much accuracy in the written word.
Most of us like to tease each other to one degree or another, but unless
you're 100% sure that the recipient will receive your message in the
way you intended it, judicious use of the BACKSPACE key is always
recommended.

REMEMBER #2: We're trying to build and maintain a group of people that
share a love for something (disc golf, in case anyone's unsure).  Let's
try to stay focused, okay?

Everett Kaser Software  Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA                     http://www.kaser.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: