Re: Kelly's lame comment

Dana Lawton

Ahhhh..... the "secret" funds.  I only mentioned that to Nate but once.... what a memory he has.  Way back in 05.... I added $1,000,000 to the WDGC Adair Doubles cofffers.  I swore both Mike and Craig to secrecy once they assumed Captainship of doubles.  I had hoped Nate thought I was just joking.... I was in a drunken stupor after the President's Cup in 2006 when I let it slip.... bothered by Rory once again beating me and looking for some respect anyway I could muster it.  I bragged of the donation to Nate.  The jig is up.  But all that said.... Mike and Craig have control over the hoard....  That they have kept quiet for so long astounds me!  I have no doubt their integrity is true and that the said $ 1 million has accrued well above the number originally deposited.  Now... in these desparate times, a celebration of all of your perserverance and dedication to the sport of Disc Golf in Oregon deserves some compensation!  As I said, I no longer control said funds, but, the combined members of the WDGC should implore both Mike and Craig to loosen the purse strings and have a BBQ!

Dana

From: Nathan Sexton
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment

Dana should sit at the head of the table, all the money he put in back in 2005 and 06 must have accrued a ton of interest by now in the secret account Mike and Craig are holding it in!
  Nate
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Dana Lawton <danalawton1@...> wrote:

Yes Mike the plan was to, if excess funds were generated, use them towards a BBQ.  I left in 07 and well before I left the BBQ plan was bandied about.  I only ask that I am invited to partake.

Dana
On Nov 8, 2012, at 2:01 PM, "evilhatechild" <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

If I remember right the doubles BBQ goes back to before my son was born (he is 7.5 now) and Kelly was playing a lot of doubles back then. His money is in the pot. But maybe I missed that Craig was tongue in cheek. Sometimes I have a hard time reading sarcasm.

Mike Storrs