Re: Adair tool shed

Nathan wrote...
Awesome Idea!
NATE:
Do you think you'll have a chance to run the idea past the Park's
director, test the waters, see if he's completely opposed or if he
seems warm to the idea? It would be great to know how receptive he
might be before the February meeting, which is a week from this coming
Monday. One possibility for location would be between 3 and 4, near
where the wheelbarrows are currently locked up, or below #4 tee, near
the path. If he didn't want it "off the beaten path," then I suppose
it could go in the far corner, behind the baseball diamond, across the
road where some other storage containers and stuff is, although that
might make it a little more likely to get attacked by nefarious no-gooders.

If we know Park's take on the idea, then that will make the discussion
at the next meeting more or less useful, as it were.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Everett Kaser <everett@kaser.com> wrote:
In thinking about work that needs to be done at Adair (there's ALWAYS
work that needs done), it occurred to me that it would be REALLY nice
to have a small (8x8 to 10x12) shed at Adair, somewhere "out of the way"
of sight from normal park users, where we could store tools. With such
a shed, we could have more than a couple of wheelbarrows locked up
out there, we could then perhaps have:
lawn/brush mower (small "walk behind" mower)
shovels
rakes
wheelbarrows
weed-eater
chainsaw?
riding mower?
We could potentially even use it for storing old "temp tee pads" and
pins, "course closed" signs, etc.

I'm not saying the club would need or want to acquire all of that
stuff at once (the shed would probably cost us between $750 and $1250
to build, VERY rough guess). But once we had the storage, then over
time we could start building an inventory of tools that would make
it EVER so much more convenient and easier for those who actually
do the work out there to DO the work (and not be wearing out and losing
their private tools...) I'm not sure about Benton County, but in Linn
County, any building less than 120 (or 150?) sq ft and not more than
something like 10-12 feet tall doesn't need a building permit.
Obviously, it would have to be solidly built and secured, to
discourage vandals and burglars.

It would, of course, require permission from Parks (as well as agreement
on its position and appearance), but that's something to worry about
after club discussion and agreement on the merits of said proposal.

Comments?