Date   

WDGC Invitation to Blodgett Woods Course - Kick off weekend

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,

I have gone away from the traditional approach to hosting a club tournament and potluck lunch, which has been a Spring event.

See attached invitation to renew your WDGC membership for 2021 or join the club for the first time, and contribute to our clubs top funding priority for 2021, to buy new Mack VII baskets for Willamette Park.

I have move time in retirement, so I can manage making my course more available to club members as a benefit.
If I have some advance notice, there is a better chance that tee pads will get cleaned off.
There will be times when I opt to close the course, such as windy days which can cause hazardous conditions for falling limbs.

It is not noted in the flyer, but I will likely set up some sort of donation box for return visits after the kickoff weekend, with all donations going to Willamette Baskets for 2021. 

Cheers,

Greg Johnson


New baskets!

Robert Voss
 

Hello all,

As promised in my not yet given presidential acceptance speech, new baskets is my 2021 priority and I have gotten the ball rolling.

For disclosure, I am looking at Mach 7 baskets because they are so much cheaper than Mach X or other top end similar examples. The Mach 7 baskets installed at Bryant Park are fantastic.  We can later choose a 'better' model if, somehow, it looks like we can raise the extra funds. This is where I am starting, with proven precedent.

As well, I am stating explicitly that we will buy baskets for Willamette first and then Adair so there is no confusion. I am running the fundraising for both courses from the start, but we will move forward with replacing the baskets at Willamette before completing the funding for the baskets for Adair. Still, the plan from the beginning is to replace them all and then some. We have various options for maintaining the extra basket locations and expanding to more and adding some at Willamette, but this will also depend on how the fundraising goes. The more money we manage to raise, the more we can do. Maybe we will get some great news from a government or manufacturer but I am not banking on it. 

First up for fundraising, we have a holiday sale with a club ornament and club apparel options. All proceeds will go into the baskets fund. See attached flyer for options and pricing. The options are limited, but so is the timeframe and supplies. We'll try to expand offerings next year.

Also, I have set up a GoFundMe if you would rather just donate: https://gf.me/u/y9mmi3. I can also take PayPal, and cash and checks if or when we meet. If you donate more than $10 let me know if you would like an ornament.

We will have a couple fundraiser dinners when COVID allows. The first was going to be this week, but, you know... I also have a couple folks that want to run a bake sale, but we'll see how that plays out after at least another week. Contact me if you want in on this. I don't even do carbs anymore but I'll be making batches of sugary delights for sale :-)

In addition to the above, I have composed letters for the City of Corvallis and Benton County parks that manage the facilities, as well as one for the basket manufacturer. I will operate as if we have no outside support unless I get solid confirmation it changes, but this is the first step in soliciting funding or donations.

As of now, I have sales, donations, and hard commitments for a little over $1,200 in cash or donated baskets, so we're started. I also have a couple businesses and personal entities that want me to contact them about a donation, so there is already more to come. I will keep looking for more ways to generate funds and I won't stop until we get there.

Greg Johnson will have a big announcement shortly regarding the club member tournament. Format will change this year and he is looking to use his course to generate funds for baskets. I don't think most can appreciate what all Greg does for the club because a lot of it is behind the scenes. His involvement has accelerated and grown since he retired from HP by taking on Adair green keeping, as well. Thank you Greg! Don't burn yourself out!  

We'll have more fundraisers and announcements after the first of the year, including a tournament or two specifically to raise money. I don't expect to be able to accomplish a lot before then with COVID looming and the holidays coming.

Though, we will not be looking at signage for sponsorships unless I cannot manage to get it done any other way, send them my way if you have a business or know someone that would like to donate. I think we have seen that I promote and support club sponsors in longer terms than just a tournament, so we can be assured it will be worth their investment.

Finally, let's all be excitedly patient, if that is a thing. It's a long, long road to $16,000 for little old Willamette Disc Golf Club. I do have some interim goals and milestones to reach and celebrate that I will announce when it is time. I will keep at this and keep everyone in the loop on the events and progress. With the great support of the other club officers allowing me to focus my energy, this (and tournaments) is what I am going to spend my time working on.

Let me know if you have any questions or contact me to order.

And the final note, remember the reply button goes to the whole group. There are links at the end of the email with other sending options.


Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





COVID closure and courses

Robert Voss
 

Hello all,

Just a quick note to let you know the status of the courses with regard to the new Oregon COVID closure.

Willamette Park is not effected will remain open.

The authority of Adair Park is not telling me that Adair is closed. So, it's open as far as we know and unless otherwise posted or something changes.

Yes, there is a difference there. Take it for what it is, the best answers I have been given.


Regards,

Rob


Re: Join the club

Bryce Downey
 

Way to go Greg. Getting the ball (disc) rolling to echo Robert's goal for this year. New baskets here we come!

Bryce 

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020, 8:30 PM Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Checks can be mailed to the WDGC Treasurer 

Greg Johnson
21044 Blodgett Road
Blodgett Oregon

I still need to work out the format for a COVID delayed and altered club even on my Blodgett Woods course.
I will put together a more formal announcement and invitation.

However, you can mark your calendars for Saturday December 5th.

It will not be the traditional one disc first round.
Sadly we cannon have a pot luck lunch or provide beverages, so it will be bring all that you need on that front.
Shotgun vs. staggered tee times TBD based on turn out and interest.

I want to allocate $5 out of $20 entry fees to new baskets for Willamette. +$1 for Ace Pot.
Membership renewal can happen at the event too for $10/$15 for families.

Greg Johnson
WDGC Treasurer



On Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 10:42:36 AM PST, Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:


People still witte checks? That's a thing? LOL! Those need to end up with Greg. In your case, I plan to come see you at the grange on the 14th, so I could pick it up then.

Rob


On Wed, Nov 11, 2020, 9:49 AM Jay Sexton <hexagon@...> wrote:
You have convinced me Rob - where can I send my check - I do not want to
wait another minute to join the WDGC for 2021

Jay





On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:47:36 -0800, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
> Hello disc golf fam,
>
> Were doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the
> end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting
rights
> as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just
> contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event
to
> join.
> I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people
> are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to
> join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back
> into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you
> support, if we look at it that way.
> I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and
> people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments,
> which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesnt matter
> if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our
> endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the
> local disc golf courses.
> My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of
> ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things.
> When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics
shift
> in the last couple years, but the club isnt growing. That doesnt feel
> successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with
> twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work
> parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have
> club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
> The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that
happened
> in the past. In the distant past at this point. Ive proven to you all
who
> I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is
your
> turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please
> consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to
> the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please
> be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to
> reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to
> email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.
> Respectfully,
> Pres. Rob
>

>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://groups.io
> [2] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2235
> [3]
> mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [4]
>
mailto:robertvoss.wdgc@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [5] https://groups.io/mt/78187061/549252
> [6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged






Re: Join the club

Greg Johnson
 

Checks can be mailed to the WDGC Treasurer 

Greg Johnson
21044 Blodgett Road
Blodgett Oregon

I still need to work out the format for a COVID delayed and altered club even on my Blodgett Woods course.
I will put together a more formal announcement and invitation.

However, you can mark your calendars for Saturday December 5th.

It will not be the traditional one disc first round.
Sadly we cannon have a pot luck lunch or provide beverages, so it will be bring all that you need on that front.
Shotgun vs. staggered tee times TBD based on turn out and interest.

I want to allocate $5 out of $20 entry fees to new baskets for Willamette. +$1 for Ace Pot.
Membership renewal can happen at the event too for $10/$15 for families.

Greg Johnson
WDGC Treasurer



On Wednesday, November 11, 2020, 10:42:36 AM PST, Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:


People still witte checks? That's a thing? LOL! Those need to end up with Greg. In your case, I plan to come see you at the grange on the 14th, so I could pick it up then.

Rob


On Wed, Nov 11, 2020, 9:49 AM Jay Sexton <hexagon@...> wrote:
You have convinced me Rob - where can I send my check - I do not want to
wait another minute to join the WDGC for 2021

Jay





On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:47:36 -0800, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
> Hello disc golf fam,
>
> Were doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the
> end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting
rights
> as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just
> contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event
to
> join.
> I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people
> are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to
> join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back
> into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you
> support, if we look at it that way.
> I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and
> people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments,
> which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesnt matter
> if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our
> endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the
> local disc golf courses.
> My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of
> ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things.
> When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics
shift
> in the last couple years, but the club isnt growing. That doesnt feel
> successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with
> twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work
> parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have
> club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
> The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that
happened
> in the past. In the distant past at this point. Ive proven to you all
who
> I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is
your
> turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please
> consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to
> the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please
> be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to
> reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to
> email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.
> Respectfully,
> Pres. Rob
>

>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://groups.io
> [2] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2235
> [3]
> mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [4]
>
mailto:robertvoss.wdgc@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [5] https://groups.io/mt/78187061/549252
> [6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged






Re: Join the club

Robert Voss
 

People still witte checks? That's a thing? LOL! Those need to end up with Greg. In your case, I plan to come see you at the grange on the 14th, so I could pick it up then.

Rob


On Wed, Nov 11, 2020, 9:49 AM Jay Sexton <hexagon@...> wrote:
You have convinced me Rob - where can I send my check - I do not want to
wait another minute to join the WDGC for 2021

Jay





On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:47:36 -0800, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
> Hello disc golf fam,
>
> Were doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the
> end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting
rights
> as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just
> contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event
to
> join.
> I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people
> are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to
> join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back
> into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you
> support, if we look at it that way.
> I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and
> people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments,
> which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesnt matter
> if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our
> endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the
> local disc golf courses.
> My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of
> ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things.
> When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics
shift
> in the last couple years, but the club isnt growing. That doesnt feel
> successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with
> twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work
> parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have
> club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
> The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that
happened
> in the past. In the distant past at this point. Ive proven to you all
who
> I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is
your
> turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please
> consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to
> the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please
> be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to
> reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to
> email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.
> Respectfully,
> Pres. Rob
>

>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://groups.io
> [2] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2235
> [3]
> mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [4]
>
mailto:robertvoss.wdgc@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [5] https://groups.io/mt/78187061/549252
> [6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged






Re: Join the club

Jay Sexton
 

You have convinced me Rob - where can I send my check - I do not want to
wait another minute to join the WDGC for 2021

Jay





On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:47:36 -0800, Robert Voss
<@hyzersoce> wrote:
Hello disc golf fam,

Were doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the
end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting
rights
as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just
contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event
to
join.
I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people
are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to
join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back
into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you
support, if we look at it that way.
I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and
people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments,
which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesnt matter
if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our
endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the
local disc golf courses.
My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of
ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things.
When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics
shift
in the last couple years, but the club isnt growing. That doesnt feel
successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with
twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work
parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have
club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that
happened
in the past. In the distant past at this point. Ive proven to you all
who
I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is
your
turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please
consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to
the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please
be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to
reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to
email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.
Respectfully,
Pres. Rob



Links:
------
[1] http://groups.io
[2] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2235
[3]
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
[4]
mailto:@hyzersoce?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
[5] https://groups.io/mt/78187061/549252
[6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
[9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged


Join the club

Robert Voss
 

Hello disc golf fam,

We're doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting rights as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event to join.

I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you support, if we look at it that way.

I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments, which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesn't matter if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the local disc golf courses.

My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things. When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics shift in the last couple years, but the club isn't growing. That doesn't feel successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that happened in the past. In the distant past at this point. I've proven to you all who I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is your turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io emails.

Respectfully,

Pres. Rob





Re: recent events and upcoming

Robert Voss
 

Since we like updates, here's some excitement from Adair.  And thanks for no one calling me out on my Willamette glow dates, it should be 11/10 & 11/24 (and 12/8 & 12/22). Hopefully no one commented because it was so obvious and not because no one plans to come out!

The excitement:
Things are moving at Adair DGC! Today we finally got that nagging welding work done on pin positions at 5, 10, 16, and the practice basket. BASKET10 IS IN THE LEFT Thanks to Jones Family Metal Work for showing up and getting it done when many others haven't made it! In addition, GK Greg added some pin indicators to a handful of holes and moved baskets 8 and 12 through 17... Might wanna be on the lookout for where the basket is on your next trip out! One of those indicators he added was for the par 4 on #8. Wonder what that might mean? Enjoy our last month of Adair in the normal layout before we go to the winter layout on December 1. Happy discin' #justgothrow  



Robo-pres




On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 3:30 PM Mike Storrs <storrsm@...> wrote:
I am a shy disc golf voter

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 3:08 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
I've actually received quite a number of responses to that message. A shocking number, really, after so much radio silence so many times. Ha Ha. I do sincerely appreciate it and I will gladly continue updates through this channel knowing that people value the effort.

Rob


On Wed, Nov 4, 2020, 2:51 PM Jay Sexton <hexagon@...> wrote:
This is also the way I hear of WDGC goings-on.
Occasionallly when facebook decides I am worthy of seeing WDGC posts I see
those.
Jay Sexton


On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:27:03 -0800, Mike Storrs <storrsm@...>
wrote:
> Robert,
> I appreciate the emails because I stay off of Facebook. Thanks for the
> updates and keep up the hard work. 
> Mike
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Jeremy Coulter  wrote:
> Thanks for update and all your time and effort! Work late so cant make
> the meetings.  Like all the thoughts moving forward. 
>
> JC
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 9:59 PM Everett Kaser  wrote:
> Robert wrote...
>  > And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
>  > channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
>  > mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
>  > really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
>  > via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
>  > feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
>  > Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket
for
> early 2021.
>
>  Ive been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
>  but I do like to stay "up to date" with whats going on with the
>  local courses. Im not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
>  there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.
>
>  Best wishes,
>
>  Everett
>
>  ======================================================================
>  Everett Kaser Software      Logic clear:both">
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:foxcoulter.jc@...
> [2] mailto:everett@...
> [3] http://www.kaser.com
> [4] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2230
> [5]
>
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
> [6]
>
mailto:storrsm@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
> [7] https://groups.io/mt/78000663/549252
> [8] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [10] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [11] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged






Re: recent events and upcoming

Mike Storrs
 

I am a shy disc golf voter


On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 3:08 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
I've actually received quite a number of responses to that message. A shocking number, really, after so much radio silence so many times. Ha Ha. I do sincerely appreciate it and I will gladly continue updates through this channel knowing that people value the effort.

Rob


On Wed, Nov 4, 2020, 2:51 PM Jay Sexton <hexagon@...> wrote:
This is also the way I hear of WDGC goings-on.
Occasionallly when facebook decides I am worthy of seeing WDGC posts I see
those.
Jay Sexton


On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:27:03 -0800, Mike Storrs <storrsm@...>
wrote:
> Robert,
> I appreciate the emails because I stay off of Facebook. Thanks for the
> updates and keep up the hard work. 
> Mike
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Jeremy Coulter  wrote:
> Thanks for update and all your time and effort! Work late so cant make
> the meetings.  Like all the thoughts moving forward. 
>
> JC
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 9:59 PM Everett Kaser  wrote:
> Robert wrote...
>  > And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
>  > channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
>  > mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
>  > really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
>  > via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
>  > feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
>  > Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket
for
> early 2021.
>
>  Ive been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
>  but I do like to stay "up to date" with whats going on with the
>  local courses. Im not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
>  there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.
>
>  Best wishes,
>
>  Everett
>
>  ======================================================================
>  Everett Kaser Software      Logic clear:both">
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:foxcoulter.jc@...
> [2] mailto:everett@...
> [3] http://www.kaser.com
> [4] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2230
> [5]
>
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
> [6]
>
mailto:storrsm@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
> [7] https://groups.io/mt/78000663/549252
> [8] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [10] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [11] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged






Re: recent events and upcoming

Robert Voss
 

I've actually received quite a number of responses to that message. A shocking number, really, after so much radio silence so many times. Ha Ha. I do sincerely appreciate it and I will gladly continue updates through this channel knowing that people value the effort.

Rob


On Wed, Nov 4, 2020, 2:51 PM Jay Sexton <hexagon@...> wrote:
This is also the way I hear of WDGC goings-on.
Occasionallly when facebook decides I am worthy of seeing WDGC posts I see
those.
Jay Sexton


On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:27:03 -0800, Mike Storrs <storrsm@...>
wrote:
> Robert,
> I appreciate the emails because I stay off of Facebook. Thanks for the
> updates and keep up the hard work. 
> Mike
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Jeremy Coulter  wrote:
> Thanks for update and all your time and effort! Work late so cant make
> the meetings.  Like all the thoughts moving forward. 
>
> JC
> On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 9:59 PM Everett Kaser  wrote:
> Robert wrote...
>  > And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
>  > channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
>  > mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
>  > really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
>  > via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
>  > feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
>  > Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket
for
> early 2021.
>
>  Ive been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
>  but I do like to stay "up to date" with whats going on with the
>  local courses. Im not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
>  there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.
>
>  Best wishes,
>
>  Everett
>
>  ======================================================================
>  Everett Kaser Software      Logic clear:both">
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:foxcoulter.jc@...
> [2] mailto:everett@...
> [3] http://www.kaser.com
> [4] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2230
> [5]
>
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
> [6]
>
mailto:storrsm@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
> [7] https://groups.io/mt/78000663/549252
> [8] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [10] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [11] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged






Re: recent events and upcoming

Jay Sexton
 

This is also the way I hear of WDGC goings-on.
Occasionallly when facebook decides I am worthy of seeing WDGC posts I see
those.
Jay Sexton


On Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:27:03 -0800, Mike Storrs <storrsm@...>
wrote:
Robert,
I appreciate the emails because I stay off of Facebook. Thanks for the
updates and keep up the hard work. 
Mike
On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Jeremy Coulter wrote:
Thanks for update and all your time and effort! Work late so cant make
the meetings.  Like all the thoughts moving forward. 

JC
On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 9:59 PM Everett Kaser wrote:
Robert wrote...
> And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
> channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
> mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
> really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
> via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
> feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
> Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket
for
early 2021.

Ive been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
but I do like to stay "up to date" with whats going on with the
local courses. Im not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.

Best wishes,

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic clear:both">

Links:
------
[1] mailto:foxcoulter.jc@...
[2] mailto:@everettkaser
[3] http://www.kaser.com
[4] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2230
[5]
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
[6]
mailto:storrsm@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20recent%20events%20and%20upcoming
[7] https://groups.io/mt/78000663/549252
[8] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[10] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
[11] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged


Re: recent events and upcoming

Mike Storrs
 

Robert,

I appreciate the emails because I stay off of Facebook. Thanks for the updates and keep up the hard work. 

Mike


On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 5:49 AM Jeremy Coulter <foxcoulter.jc@...> wrote:
Thanks for update and all your time and effort! Work late so can't make the meetings.  Like all the thoughts moving forward. 

JC

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 9:59 PM Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Robert wrote...
> And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
> channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
> mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
> really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
> via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
> feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
> Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket for early 2021.

I've been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
but I do like to stay "up to date" with what's going on with the
local courses. I'm not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.

Best wishes,

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================







Re: recent events and upcoming

Jeremy Coulter
 

Thanks for update and all your time and effort! Work late so can't make the meetings.  Like all the thoughts moving forward. 

JC

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020, 9:59 PM Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Robert wrote...
> And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
> channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
> mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
> really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
> via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
> feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
> Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket for early 2021.

I've been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
but I do like to stay "up to date" with what's going on with the
local courses. I'm not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.

Best wishes,

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================







Re: recent events and upcoming

Richard Hervey
 

Thanks for the update.  I seldom check Facebook.  I appreciate your posts to this list.  I'd guess that most if not all of the over 60 crowd are primarily email folks.  I do think that in the troubled transition to Facebook and Groups.io (from reliance on a web page and a Yahoo list) a number of the older members who one would think would be using Groups.io did not get themselves signed up to receive posts.

Richard


On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 9:23 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello,

FYI, we have voted in the 2021 officers,
President, Robert Voss
Vice President, Bryce Downey
Treasurer. Greg Johnson
Secretary, Mark Turley
As well, Billy will retain the Willamette green keeper responsibilities and Greg Johnson will be taking on the Adair duties.

The video of the final round lead card from President's Cup is out. If you have time, check out Scott Withers dropping an 1107 (official) rated round, a -16 at Willamette Park! We're sure it's at least a tournament record at Willy, if not a course record. Big thank you to Collin Hayden and CH Sports for getting this on tape!!!! And congrats to Scotty for putting his name on the Cup for the second year in a row, and in dramatic fashion!

If you haven't been to Willamette lately, then you may not know that the city has removed all the concrete pylons along the roadside that we used for out of bounds. Communications has stalled a bit so i am not sure what to tell you about when or what will happen in the future with the out of bounds. There is some string line for a temporary fix and we'll see where we go. Updates will come when we have them.

Adair will go to the winter layout on December 1 and until at least March 1 like this year. To be up front, the county has broached the conversation about the potential of making a permanent change and no longer using the west oak grove area, so some combination of 14 through 17 that doesn't go through the trees. This is not for sure, but it bears consideration.

Ran a pop up C-tier this last weekend. Turned into a 64 person event. No so little. Ha ha. It was smooth and we had a good time. Seems folks really enjoy a cheaper tournament and the personal selection of tee times and cards. We had no less than a dozen folks who it was their first tournament ever, and a few who had never been to the course before. It is exciting to draw another or more demographics, and growing the sport has and will always be a priority of mine. We'll have to do more of these kinds of things in the future.

We scheduled the club member only tournament tonight at the meeting for December 5. There are a couple other things going on that weekend, but there are a lot of things going on in December in general and it also has to work for multiple schedules. This is the day. The event has been created and posted on Facebook. Greg discussed setting up an online registration to help with some planning due to COVID. We'll see if he finds that necessary or not.

The bag tag finale is December 19th. We have 44 tags out, so I am looking at setting it up as 4 divisions for paying out all the money we have stocked up, about $700 at last count, ran by the tag folks come in with. Didn't quite make it to where I wanted, but COVID derailed a lot of plans this year and that's still quite a bit for a bag tag finale and only 40 people. Figure to spend $150 per division on payouts and $100 on some other CTP type prizes. This has also been created and posted on facebook. I am not going to run a pre-registration. We'll see who shows up that day.

I ran a poll on facebook and sent out an email about a glow league. I got good response on Facebook and a single response form this email list. I've decided to run a league on 4 night in November and December (12/10, 12/24, 12/8, 12/22) at Willamette at 6 PM. Willamette park doesn't close at dusk, but I do also have permission to be in the park after dark and run a glow league.

And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of feedback that you want us to continue using an email list. Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket for early 2021.

It has been decided that the other big project for 2021 is going to be fundraising for new baskets. I felt strongly before, but only more so after the President's Cup, and the endeavor was supported at the meeting tonight. We will start with Willamette and then do Adair. This will be my primary focus, along with maintaining the high level tournaments.

I'm going to need help running leagues in 2021. Not asking anyone to take over and do it every week, but I definitely need to not be the only one. I'll still run point and then you just hook me up with a week off here and there, unless someone wants to flat take one over, which I would support.

Think that's all I have for tonight. Happy discing!

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





Re: recent events and upcoming

 

Robert wrote...
And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this
channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from
mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It
really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating
via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of
feedback that you want us to continue using an email list.
Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket for early 2021.
I've been very uninvolved with the group for the past couple of years,
but I do like to stay "up to date" with what's going on with the
local courses. I'm not a Facebook fan, and may even delete my account
there in the near future, so I do appreciate the posts here.

Best wishes,

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


Re: recent events and upcoming

TJ Sanders
 

Thanks for update. Always working late on Monday. Keep up the good work. 


On Nov 2, 2020, at 9:23 PM, Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:


Hello,

FYI, we have voted in the 2021 officers,
President, Robert Voss
Vice President, Bryce Downey
Treasurer. Greg Johnson
Secretary, Mark Turley
As well, Billy will retain the Willamette green keeper responsibilities and Greg Johnson will be taking on the Adair duties.

The video of the final round lead card from President's Cup is out. If you have time, check out Scott Withers dropping an 1107 (official) rated round, a -16 at Willamette Park! We're sure it's at least a tournament record at Willy, if not a course record. Big thank you to Collin Hayden and CH Sports for getting this on tape!!!! And congrats to Scotty for putting his name on the Cup for the second year in a row, and in dramatic fashion!

If you haven't been to Willamette lately, then you may not know that the city has removed all the concrete pylons along the roadside that we used for out of bounds. Communications has stalled a bit so i am not sure what to tell you about when or what will happen in the future with the out of bounds. There is some string line for a temporary fix and we'll see where we go. Updates will come when we have them.

Adair will go to the winter layout on December 1 and until at least March 1 like this year. To be up front, the county has broached the conversation about the potential of making a permanent change and no longer using the west oak grove area, so some combination of 14 through 17 that doesn't go through the trees. This is not for sure, but it bears consideration.

Ran a pop up C-tier this last weekend. Turned into a 64 person event. No so little. Ha ha. It was smooth and we had a good time. Seems folks really enjoy a cheaper tournament and the personal selection of tee times and cards. We had no less than a dozen folks who it was their first tournament ever, and a few who had never been to the course before. It is exciting to draw another or more demographics, and growing the sport has and will always be a priority of mine. We'll have to do more of these kinds of things in the future.

We scheduled the club member only tournament tonight at the meeting for December 5. There are a couple other things going on that weekend, but there are a lot of things going on in December in general and it also has to work for multiple schedules. This is the day. The event has been created and posted on Facebook. Greg discussed setting up an online registration to help with some planning due to COVID. We'll see if he finds that necessary or not.

The bag tag finale is December 19th. We have 44 tags out, so I am looking at setting it up as 4 divisions for paying out all the money we have stocked up, about $700 at last count, ran by the tag folks come in with. Didn't quite make it to where I wanted, but COVID derailed a lot of plans this year and that's still quite a bit for a bag tag finale and only 40 people. Figure to spend $150 per division on payouts and $100 on some other CTP type prizes. This has also been created and posted on facebook. I am not going to run a pre-registration. We'll see who shows up that day.

I ran a poll on facebook and sent out an email about a glow league. I got good response on Facebook and a single response form this email list. I've decided to run a league on 4 night in November and December (12/10, 12/24, 12/8, 12/22) at Willamette at 6 PM. Willamette park doesn't close at dusk, but I do also have permission to be in the park after dark and run a glow league.

And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of feedback that you want us to continue using an email list. Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket for early 2021.

It has been decided that the other big project for 2021 is going to be fundraising for new baskets. I felt strongly before, but only more so after the President's Cup, and the endeavor was supported at the meeting tonight. We will start with Willamette and then do Adair. This will be my primary focus, along with maintaining the high level tournaments.

I'm going to need help running leagues in 2021. Not asking anyone to take over and do it every week, but I definitely need to not be the only one. I'll still run point and then you just hook me up with a week off here and there, unless someone wants to flat take one over, which I would support.

Think that's all I have for tonight. Happy discing!

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





recent events and upcoming

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

FYI, we have voted in the 2021 officers,
President, Robert Voss
Vice President, Bryce Downey
Treasurer. Greg Johnson
Secretary, Mark Turley
As well, Billy will retain the Willamette green keeper responsibilities and Greg Johnson will be taking on the Adair duties.

The video of the final round lead card from President's Cup is out. If you have time, check out Scott Withers dropping an 1107 (official) rated round, a -16 at Willamette Park! We're sure it's at least a tournament record at Willy, if not a course record. Big thank you to Collin Hayden and CH Sports for getting this on tape!!!! And congrats to Scotty for putting his name on the Cup for the second year in a row, and in dramatic fashion!

If you haven't been to Willamette lately, then you may not know that the city has removed all the concrete pylons along the roadside that we used for out of bounds. Communications has stalled a bit so i am not sure what to tell you about when or what will happen in the future with the out of bounds. There is some string line for a temporary fix and we'll see where we go. Updates will come when we have them.

Adair will go to the winter layout on December 1 and until at least March 1 like this year. To be up front, the county has broached the conversation about the potential of making a permanent change and no longer using the west oak grove area, so some combination of 14 through 17 that doesn't go through the trees. This is not for sure, but it bears consideration.

Ran a pop up C-tier this last weekend. Turned into a 64 person event. No so little. Ha ha. It was smooth and we had a good time. Seems folks really enjoy a cheaper tournament and the personal selection of tee times and cards. We had no less than a dozen folks who it was their first tournament ever, and a few who had never been to the course before. It is exciting to draw another or more demographics, and growing the sport has and will always be a priority of mine. We'll have to do more of these kinds of things in the future.

We scheduled the club member only tournament tonight at the meeting for December 5. There are a couple other things going on that weekend, but there are a lot of things going on in December in general and it also has to work for multiple schedules. This is the day. The event has been created and posted on Facebook. Greg discussed setting up an online registration to help with some planning due to COVID. We'll see if he finds that necessary or not.

The bag tag finale is December 19th. We have 44 tags out, so I am looking at setting it up as 4 divisions for paying out all the money we have stocked up, about $700 at last count, ran by the tag folks come in with. Didn't quite make it to where I wanted, but COVID derailed a lot of plans this year and that's still quite a bit for a bag tag finale and only 40 people. Figure to spend $150 per division on payouts and $100 on some other CTP type prizes. This has also been created and posted on facebook. I am not going to run a pre-registration. We'll see who shows up that day.

I ran a poll on facebook and sent out an email about a glow league. I got good response on Facebook and a single response form this email list. I've decided to run a league on 4 night in November and December (12/10, 12/24, 12/8, 12/22) at Willamette at 6 PM. Willamette park doesn't close at dusk, but I do also have permission to be in the park after dark and run a glow league.

And lastly, I get almost no feedback from anything I send in this channel. I mean it when i say almost none, like ever. I hear from mostly from Greg, our treasurer who I regularly talk with anyway. It really makes me wonder if it worth the effort put into communicating via this method. Please, take a moment and give me some kind of feedback that you want us to continue using an email list. Communication methods and new communications plan are on my docket for early 2021.

It has been decided that the other big project for 2021 is going to be fundraising for new baskets. I felt strongly before, but only more so after the President's Cup, and the endeavor was supported at the meeting tonight. We will start with Willamette and then do Adair. This will be my primary focus, along with maintaining the high level tournaments.

I'm going to need help running leagues in 2021. Not asking anyone to take over and do it every week, but I definitely need to not be the only one. I'll still run point and then you just hook me up with a week off here and there, unless someone wants to flat take one over, which I would support.

Think that's all I have for tonight. Happy discing!

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 11/02/2020 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 2 November 2020, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings for now for COVID

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Zoom meeting info:
login link: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
password: 202020

Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented meetings at Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 11/02/2020 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 2 November 2020, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings for now for COVID

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Zoom meeting info:
login link: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
password: 202020

Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented meetings at Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.