Date   

WDGC Invitational 2019 - Sat, 04/27/2019 8:30am-5:30pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC Invitational 2019

When:
Saturday, 27 April 2019
8:30am to 5:30pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Organizer:
Greg Johnson discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2019

 

When:         Saturday, April 27th – Registration 8:30-9:30am

Where:        Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Who:           Open to all - WDGC members (membership can be paid at the event)

 

Fees:            $20 Pro Divisions, $15 Am Divisions $1 Ace pot (optional)

+$10 membership if not current.

 

Food:           Hot lunches and cold beverages to be provided by WDGC club members & Calapooia Brewing. 

 

Format:      2 Rounds of 18 holes with one hour lunch break between

Round 1 – One Disc, with 1 or 2 back up discs of same model which can only be used in case of a lost disc

Round 2 - no disc restrictions.

Separate Divisions for groups of 3 or more.

CTP’s or Long Putt prizes for most of the holes.

 

Mini:           9-hole mini golf course will be set up, but no official event will be planned.

If people are interested, I could do a mini-golf competition Friday at 5:00, with main course also open for practice on Friday the 27th.

                      

Questions Contact TD Greg Johnson 541-760-2372. discgolfgreg@...

Please let me know if you plan on coming, you can pay the day of the event.

Please let me know if/what you can contribute to the potluck that club members bring together for this event.

Directions:  Take Hwy 20 West of Philomath toward Newport.  Blodgett is ~10 miles West of the Hwy 20/34 split.  Look for Blodgett Country Store on left, continue ½ mile and turn left (turn lane), then an immediate right onto Blodgett Road.  Stay on paved road for ¼ mile past the School.  Driveway is on left look for the Innova banner by entrance from curve.

Please use designated drivers and carpool if you can.

Wear sturdy shoes, rain gear if wet forecast, and be ready for some exercise with some uphill and downhill holes like you don’t see in the valley.

View Event


Re: Willamette work party 4/20 at 9 AM

Robert Voss
 

Just a reminder and some added incentive:

If you are not playing smoke on the water, come down and spend a couple hours with the crew.

Refreshments will be served, and then for those who worked there will be pizza after and a round of disc golf with some sweet CTP prizes.

Hope to see some folks out there!

Billy and Robert


Re: Willamette work party 4/20 at 9 AM

Bryce Downey
 

Thanks Robert.  I will be away. Work parties are good. 

Bryce 

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019, 12:22 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We have scheduled a work party at Willamette for April 20 at 9 AM. We will be spreading some wood chips and doing some weed eating, at least.

Yes, we are aware that there is a tournament in Waterloo that day as well as another at Champoeg (I think), but this date coordinates well with personnel schedules and other club events, such as the Blodgett invitational the next weekend.

We hope to see some folks out there. As before, please give me a note on the Facebook event or reply email (you may use the "reply to sender button" below - no need to reply to the main group and everyone). The club will provide somewhere between refreshments and lunch depending on how many RSVP.

Thanks and have a great day!

Robert


Willamette work party 4/20 at 9 AM

Robert Voss
 

Hello all,

We have scheduled a work party at Willamette for April 20 at 9 AM. We will be spreading some wood chips and doing some weed eating, at least.

Yes, we are aware that there is a tournament in Waterloo that day as well as another at Champoeg (I think), but this date coordinates well with personnel schedules and other club events, such as the Blodgett invitational the next weekend.

We hope to see some folks out there. As before, please give me a note on the Facebook event or reply email (you may use the "reply to sender button" below - no need to reply to the main group and everyone). The club will provide somewhere between refreshments and lunch depending on how many RSVP.

Thanks and have a great day!

Robert


new discs in club inventory + fundraisers

Robert Voss
 

newDiscs.jpg


April club meeting minutes

Robert Voss
 

Meeting minutes, April 1, 2019

Willamette Disc Golf Club

 

Meeting minutes are copied below and attached.



Attendance:

Robert Voss, Greg Johnson, Kelly Christiansen, Mark Judge, Richard Hervey, Ron lee, Karen Rasmussen Lee, Scott Hessel, Nic Stevens, Omero Anguiano, Billy Gaskill, Bryce Downey, John Ross

 

 

Meeting start at 7:10 PM

-          Robert thanked Richard for taking care of the unexpected and late hour meeting venue change.

-          Robert ran the meeting without an agenda as is typical at the pizza meetings.

 

Member check-ins

-          Richard recommends against breaking a rib.

-          Bryce recently played a tournament in Florida.

-          Greg played Pine Nursery in Bend last week. Noted the new tee pads and changes, with more still to come.

-          Greg also noted that the club invitational in Blodgett has moved to April 27 due to scheduling conflicts with family events.

-          Scott talked about April Fools Doubles tournament going well. He says that he felt it ran too long but that he learned some things. Having the food truck come was awesome. Scott plans to do this again next year.

o   Robert needs to find a way for the club to have a bigger presence and do a better job with memberships and tags. The club did not receive mention during the day and I only signed up one new member and sold one tag.

-          Robert stated that Winter Handicap League at Willamette has ended. We had 21 players, though we only averaged a weekly turnout of 6 to 8. Robert Voss won the points championship, followed by Scott Hessel and Cole Stover.

o   You gotta be in it to win it!

-          Robert also mentioned that Sunday doubles continues.

o   Noted that Scott wants a separate agenda item for Sunday doubles

o   Greg explained that the club cannot financially support the ongoing $100 minimum ace pots. Further explained that when we used to be able to do this we had built up some money over time, and that we were collecting money from things such as mulligans as well.

o   I had already discussed this with Scott and we had decided to hold off on any more guaranteed minimum ace pots for now, at least until we find and institute another revenue stream to support it.

 

Officer reports

VP (Richard)

-          Discussed that our standing reservation with the City was “lost” and that the person who could deal with it was not in the office. Will follow up.

Secretary (John)

-          Nothing new.

Treasurer (Greg)

-          Account balance is at $2253 after spending $178 to fix mower.

Disc Czar (Greg)

-          We have some new discs, and some are fundraiser discs

o   Corvettes with special stamps down to 167g - $17 and almost half goes towards supporting the Willamette Open.

o   Firestorms

o   Barsby Roadrunners and Wysocki Star Destroyers, both available in super light weights, and both will support the Fill the Basket for Share Tournament with a $5 donation per disc.

o   This was done by Greg at his initiative and his own dime. THANK YOU GREG!

Adair green keeper (Kelly)

-          Tree protector boards are stained and one has been installed.

-          Showed the new locked donated to the club by a citizen.

-          AUGUST 4 is a MS150 ride, and there will be an aid station at Adair Park. It will be around the back in the loop, but there will be A LOT of extra traffic that day.

o   We’ll want to put up signs before the event to warn people.

-          John Ross discussed that we should look into getting back into doing more projects such as planting that benefits the whole park and all users

Willamette Green Keeper (Billy)

-          Talked about the tree clean up that was done

-          Setting up a work party for 4/20 (wants 9 AM) to move wood chips and do some mowing and weed eating

-          Billy will contact and arrange with the city on when and where and how we would like mowing done at Willamette. When last I spoke with Jeff he invited us to coordinate with him.

President (Robert)

-          Discussed that powder coat proposal was sent in over a month ago (as stated at last meeting). Did not hear from City for 30 days, so followed up last week. Still have not received any response or feedback of any kind.

o   Scott discussed that he would like to look into “making the baskets better instead of prettier” (he used better wording) by doing something such as replacing the chains, which he feels would be a better use of money.

o   Robert talked about how the powder coat proposal came about was more to do with the city upset about the spray painting, and their apparent inclination at the time to do something about it, including finance it. We didn’t come up with the idea, but were trying to harness then energy from the City to get it done (this may be part of the current problem with the proposal – it has been a LONG time now since the spray painting).

o   Robert asked Scott to go ahead and look into the cost of replacing the chains with heavier ones, and other options such as new baskets. Robert is not attached to the idea of powder coating if the club has to provide funds for it, but does want to follow through with already submitted proposal that asked for the City to provide funds and the club to provide labor.

-          Also said that the proposal for the kiosk renovation and honoring our champions was basically ready, but is waiting for some kind of feedback on the powder coat proposal before turning in another one.

-          Have not received any update on the Willamette Tee signs project (Sean Delohery). Will follow up and reassign if necessary.

-          Signed up the club as a tee sign sponsor for the Pac West Classic, a PDGA B-Tier out at Wheatland DGC at Willamette Mission State Park. More info on Pac West DGA at http://www.pacwestdga.com.

-          Robert let go of the disc drop boxes pet project I had. All research and feedback has led him to believe that it is not worth the initial expense and ongoing hassle, especially since we have Play It Again Sports that provides a service.

-          Also shelved the “projects needing volunteers” concept for now due to lack of interest. Other than a couple people who he was already working with on a project, he received no response at all.

-          Disappointed in the lack of reaction from the community thus far this year. Was really hoping to bring folks in faster. (folks chimed in that it is all normal, but Robert doesn’t set goals at normal). Hoping that the April Fools Dubs showing will encourage folks, as well as the rest of the tournaments for the year. To that effort, Robert will now primarily focus on being a tournament director and raising funds for the club, and continue to work on club outreach and profile. By all means, if anyone has any projects they would like to do or concerns, please bring them to him – he is just not going to look for more things to do until he has more help to do them.

 

 

 

 

Action items:

Richard

-          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations.

Robert

-          Send Billy the contact info for Jeff and add him to the City’s list of people authorized to contact the City for club reasons (done).

-          Contact the City and coordinate the work party on 4/20 (get wheelbarrows, shovels, rakes, pitchforks, weed eaters) (done).

-          Send Greg the information to send the sponsor fee to Pac West DGA (done).

-          Send Pac West DGA high res logo and short write up for advertising (done).

-          Follow up with Sean on the Willamette tee signs project and reassign if necessary (partially done).

-          Poll folks on whether we want to do a weeknight league. He already has solid interest if it starts after 5 PM, so might just need to wait a couple more weeks for more daylight.

-          Promote the fund raiser discs.

-          Start getting our events listed in the Parks and Rec newsletters and valley event guides.

-          Look into getting more keys for our new locks

 

 


Re: VENUE CHANGE! -- [WDGC] WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 04/01/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

Robert Voss
 

LATE HOUR VENUE CHANGE:

WE ARE MEETING AT WOODSTOCKS PIZZA AT 7 PM!

Apologies, the City apparently decided we didn't want our reservation at Tunison and the right person to deal with it is out of the office. We'll do our best to try to make sure it doesn't happen again.


Robert





On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 7:31 PM Robert Voss via Groups.Io <robertvoss.wdgc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
You are correct, it is at 7 PM because we are in daylight saving time. At Tunison this month.

Robert



On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 7:26 PM JohnRoss <johnr414@...> wrote:
Please double check the start time. I thought that shifted to 7 p.m. in the presence of daylight saving. We are in that time now. And I'm more or less cool with either time slot, but we need to stick to the bylaws as I think I understand them.

Standing by for final word.

Thanks
I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           





On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 6:00 PM main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 1 April 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 04/01/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 1 April 2019
7:00pm to 8:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


Re: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 04/01/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

Robert Voss
 

You are correct, it is at 7 PM because we are in daylight saving time. At Tunison this month.

Robert



On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 7:26 PM JohnRoss <johnr414@...> wrote:
Please double check the start time. I thought that shifted to 7 p.m. in the presence of daylight saving. We are in that time now. And I'm more or less cool with either time slot, but we need to stick to the bylaws as I think I understand them.

Standing by for final word.

Thanks
I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           





On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 6:00 PM main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 1 April 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


Re: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 04/01/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

JohnRoss <johnr414@...>
 

Please double check the start time. I thought that shifted to 7 p.m. in the presence of daylight saving. We are in that time now. And I'm more or less cool with either time slot, but we need to stick to the bylaws as I think I understand them.

Standing by for final word.

Thanks
I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           





On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 6:00 PM main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 1 April 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 04/01/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 1 April 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


Re: Event: WDGC Invitational 2019. - Saturday, 27 April 2019 #cal-invite

Robert Voss
 

Facebook event created

Rob

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019, 9:53 AM Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Greg wrote...
> I don't have access to Facebook anymore to post or view anything
> there.  Attached is a PDF file of the flier for the Invitational.
> I don't have Mckenzy's user ID or password for FB anymore.  He
> doesn't use it either.  Robert if you could set up an event for
> me on FB that would be great.

I edited the even message on Groups.io to change "HP Inc." to "WDGC
Invitational". I also posted your message on the Facebook page, but
I did not set up an event there.  I'll let Robert take care of that.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================





Re: Event: WDGC Invitational 2019. - Saturday, 27 April 2019 #cal-invite

 

Greg wrote...
I don't have access to Facebook anymore to post or view anything
there. Attached is a PDF file of the flier for the Invitational.
I don't have Mckenzy's user ID or password for FB anymore. He
doesn't use it either. Robert if you could set up an event for
me on FB that would be great.
I edited the even message on Groups.io to change "HP Inc." to "WDGC
Invitational". I also posted your message on the Facebook page, but
I did not set up an event there. I'll let Robert take care of that.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


Re: Event: WDGC Invitational 2019. - Saturday, 27 April 2019 #cal-invite

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,

Some of you may have heard me announce previously that this annual event on my property in Blodgett would be scheduled for 4/13.
Due to conflicting events, including a track meet in Elmira on 4/13, I have had to push the date out to 4/27, which is the same weekend as last year's event.

I don't know how IO groups picked up HP as an event name.  IO Groups is a bit funky and parts of the website are down for maintenance.  I tried editing it but I am not sure I was successful.

I don't have access to Facebook anymore to post or view anything there.  Attached is a PDF file of the flier for the Invitational.
I don't have Mckenzy's user ID or password for FB anymore.  He doesn't use it either.
Robert if you could set up an event for me on FB that would be great.

The mini golf has interfered with wrapping up scoring/awards from the main event.  I will have mini golf set up for fun, and I would be willing to have a mini-golf event either Friday evening along with having the main course open for practice.  We could also do a kill the keg / mini-golf competition on Sunday afternoon.

Cheers,

Greg J

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎March‎ ‎28‎, ‎2019‎ ‎08‎:‎59‎:‎38‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:


WDGC Invitational 2019

When:
Saturday, 27 April 2019
8:30am to 5:30pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2019

 

When:         Saturday, April 27th – Registration 8:30-9:30am

Where:        Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Who:           Open to all - WDGC members (membership can be paid at the event)

 

Fees:            $20 Pro Divisions, $15 Am Divisions $1 Ace pot (optional)

+$10 membership if not current.

 

Food:           Hot lunches and cold beverages to be provided by WDGC club members & Calapooia Brewing. 

 

Format:      2 Rounds of 18 holes with one hour lunch break between

Round 1 – One Disc, with 1 or 2 back up discs of same model which can only be used in case of a lost disc

Round 2 - no disc restrictions.

Separate Divisions for groups of 3 or more.

CTP’s or Long Putt prizes for most of the holes.

 

Mini:           9-hole mini golf course will be set up, but no official event will be planned.

If people are interested, I could do a mini-golf competition Friday at 5:00, with main course also open for practice on Friday the 27th.

                      

Questions Contact TD Greg Johnson 541-760-2372. discgolfgreg@...

Please let me know if you plan on coming, you can pay the day of the event.

Please let me know if/what you can contribute to the potluck that club members bring together for this event.

Directions:  Take Hwy 20 West of Philomath toward Newport.  Blodgett is ~10 miles West of the Hwy 20/34 split.  Look for Blodgett Country Store on left, continue ½ mile and turn left (turn lane), then an immediate right onto Blodgett Road.  Stay on paved road for ¼ mile past the School.  Driveway is on left look for the Innova banner by entrance from curve.

Please use designated drivers and carpool if you can.

Wear sturdy shoes, rain gear if wet forecast, and be ready for some exercise with some uphill and downhill holes like you don’t see in the valley.


Event: WDGC Invitational Tournament - Saturday, 27 April 2019 #cal-invite

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 
Edited

WDGC Invitational Tournament

When:
Saturday, 27 April 2019
8:30am to 5:30pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2019

 

When:         Saturday, April 27th – Registration 8:30-9:30am

Where:        Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Who:           Open to all - WDGC members (membership can be paid at the event)

 

Fees:            $20 Pro Divisions, $15 Am Divisions $1 Ace pot (optional)

+$10 membership if not current.

 

Food:           Hot lunches and cold beverages to be provided by WDGC club members & Calapooia Brewing. 

 

Format:      2 Rounds of 18 holes with one hour lunch break between

Round 1 – One Disc, with 1 or 2 back up discs of same model which can only be used in case of a lost disc

Round 2 - no disc restrictions.

Separate Divisions for groups of 3 or more.

CTP’s or Long Putt prizes for most of the holes.

 

Mini:           9-hole mini golf course will be set up, but no official event will be planned.

If people are interested, I could do a mini-golf competition Friday at 5:00, with main course also open for practice on Friday the 27th.

                      

Questions Contact TD Greg Johnson 541-760-2372. discgolfgreg@...

Please let me know if you plan on coming, you can pay the day of the event.

Please let me know if/what you can contribute to the potluck that club members bring together for this event.

Directions:  Take Hwy 20 West of Philomath toward Newport.  Blodgett is ~10 miles West of the Hwy 20/34 split.  Look for Blodgett Country Store on left, continue ½ mile and turn left (turn lane), then an immediate right onto Blodgett Road.  Stay on paved road for ¼ mile past the School.  Driveway is on left look for the Innova banner by entrance from curve.

Please use designated drivers and carpool if you can.

Wear sturdy shoes, rain gear if wet forecast, and be ready for some exercise with some uphill and downhill holes like you don’t see in the valley.

 


Willamette work party for down trees

Robert Voss
 

Hello disc golfers,

We have a pre- April Fools tourney work party set up for Saturday the 16th. Parks is coming out to run the saw and bring other tools to clean up the down trees. We will start after handicap league, so about noon thirty, and the club will provide snacks.

I also posted on Facebook. Please give me an RSVP comment on Facebook or a reply email so I can gauge how much food to get.

Thank you and we hope to see some folks out there!

Robert



New file uploaded to main@wdgc.groups.io

main@wdgc.groups.io Notification <main+notification@...>
 

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the main@wdgc.groups.io group.

File: Minutes_03042019.docx

Uploaded By: Robert Voss

Description:
Meeting minutes from March 4, 2019 meeting

You can access this file at the URL:
https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/files/Meeting%20Minutes/Minutes_03042019.docx

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 03/04/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 4 March 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 03/04/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 4 March 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


Meeting minutes and call for agenda items

Robert Voss
 

Hello all,

Below are the meeting minutes from February that were posted on Facebook.

This email also serves as a call for agenda items for the March meeting.

The March meeting is March 4 at 6 PM at Woodstock's (odd numbered month). We will primarily go over what has gone on since the January meeting and I will introduce projects that need volunteers to get them going. This is your chance to get involved and make your mark on our beautiful courses by choosing a project that you are excited about and leading it.

Heads up! The April meeting will be after daylight saving time starts, so the meetings will be at 7 PM (during DST).

One other note - memberships are light thus far this year. It is only $10 per year or $15 for the whole family. It is true that the listed benefits of membership are few, but it is a small donation that goes directly to a good cause - your disc golf experience in the valley!


Best regards and see you March 4,

Robert Voss
President, WDGC



WDGC Meeting 2/4/2019

Tunison’s Fire Station Meeting Hall

Attendance: John Ross, Mark Turley, Greg Johnson, Mike Gibson, Kelly Christiansen, Everett Kaser, President Robert Voss, Vice President Richard Hervey, Jay Sexton, Bear Judge, Bryce Downey

Oregon state college teams had events at Adair and Willamette. Team Disc Golf also played locally and said our courses were looking good.

Announcements (Mr. Voss): Upcoming April Fools Doubles will be held Sunday, March 31 at the Willamette course. Forms are available and several were submitted at Festivus.

Minutes from the January general socialistic meeting at Woodstock were approved.

Festivus Celebration debrief (Mr. Johnson): The island hole off the back of old tee 12 was a problem for many, including Mr. Johnson. He stayed away from the woods holes and the muddy terrain. They will likely be back next year in someone format.

Treasurers Report (Mr. Johnson): Club’s net cash just under $2,600, with $195 in refunds to be issued. He also needs to be reimbursed for his purchase of Sili Pints at a total cost of $238 in the Festivus players packs. The club received $190 from Mr. Voss for club memberships accepted at Festivus. He added the Groups IO site needed to be updated to include new memberships.

Presidents Report (Mr. Voss): Woodchips have been contracted for at Adair but thought the club might have to vote on the verbal contract with Corvallis Tree and Lawn. They are offering to drop them if we acknowledge that they are sponsors at our events. Other sponsors have worked with the club similarly in the past. We have listed their sponsorships on our websites and on tournament signs. The club will need permission from Corvallis Parks to put their names out on course signs. Mr. Sexton motioned we approve the arrangement and Mr. Downey seconded. The motion passed with no objection.

• Voting quorums: By Laws list items with some details about votes requiring a quorum of 2/3 making it difficult to pass anything significant. The By Laws amendment language was offered in addition to language adding a Club Vice President and Secretary. Uncertain of the requirement, Mr. Voss said we need to revote on the amendments. Another amendment from Mr. Voss outlines how notification of an upcoming vote happens and what’s required to notify active members and golfers who may wish to participate in future votes by joining. Mr. Sexton motioned we approve with Mr. Kaser’s second. The amendments passed by voice vote with none opposed.

• Amendment changes how we vote and clarifies how members vote happens given imprecise language. Some notification of a pending proposal requiring a vote must be sent out by e-mail to membership. At least one week advance is required so some interested sub group can’t get together and decide their position. We’ll also have to record who votes at meetings to avoid members voting multiple times. Maybe post that a vote is taking place on Facebook with instructions on how to participate. It was noted that we don’t have all current-member one-mail addresses. The By Laws need to clearly reflect that membership shall be notified “by appropriate means” to perhaps be decided by the President with attending members’ approval. There was discussion on whether to include e-mail specific votes. The current president can choose how votes can be submitted. With removal of a second reference to e-mail, a motion by Mr. Kaser, seconded by Mr. Sexton was approved by thumbs up vote as requested by Mr. Hervey. There was no opposition to the amendment as finally drafted.

• Archiving club documents: There’s uncertainty on who’s keeping what documents, such as minutes and contracts, where and in what form. Documents need a specific storage place—maybe on a club cloud drive such as on a Google drive. Documents can be modified by whoever’s authorized unless they are restricted as circulated or perhaps submitted as a PDF. There has never been a consistent method or process for archiving amendments. There could be a specific folder in the public IO group. Mr. Ross and others have some minutes or documents stored that can be collected and archived on the site. Mr. Hervey offered complete copies of last year’s minutes.

• Mr. Downey noted that he attemped to visit a renown disc golf course in Monterey where it had been pulled as the city considered converting the property to a solar power installation. The local club—the Monterey Stinging Jellies—had no formal record of its contract with the city and installed and operated a 27-hole course on a verbal handshake. He said course access was being re-negotiated for lack of hard copy proof and pending insurance and ADA issues. Electronic record keeping may be good enough for us, members generally agreed.

• It was proposed that some documents be open for public view stored the group’s io page and on Google docs, to be handled by Mr. Voss. Any member can go currently into the files section and save files, according to Mr. Kaser. It should be set up so that only that moderators can delete or change files. Mr. Kaser will check his resources for documents to be uploaded. The club Secretary was advised to submit all minutes along with old minutes to the IO site at his earliest convenience.

Adair Greenskeeper’s Report (Mr. Christiansen): Because of Federal government shutdown he has had time to spread bark chips clear blackberries around some trees and supervise some tree cutting in the woods. Mr. Kaser (?) has built a frame in hole 8’s ditch to keep discs out of the water. Some have approved and others less supportive.

He asked if a windfall stump next to Hole six (6) next to the basket can be cut away. The removal was unopposed and advised.

Mr. Christian reported on an upcoming meeting with Laurie Starha, new director of Benton County parks set for Thursday at 8 a.m. Mr. Sexton offered to come, based on his relation with the director. All are looking forward to the meeting. Mr. Christiansen showed a copy of the current agreement with the county. He completed a walkaround with new lead ranger Shane Gallaway who relayed concern about tree protectors that needed to be installed. The county has provided boards to cover high-impact trees along with cords that will be installed during the next work party. The county also provided some stain for boards on the shed. He plans to install at least a couple.

Most importantly he learned that the White Oak grove for holes 15-17 may be pulled eventually due to the reported health of the trees. An arborist from Buena Vista Tree Care reported that a fungus is apparently killing the tree roots. The problem maybe worsened by soil compaction from foot traffic of disc golfers. The oaks do better with lighter, more aerated soil which may be preventive of future spreading of the fungus and tree loss. He would like club support for relocating the holes.

Members agreed the county has been a good partner, historically. Ranger Bruce Bailey will soon retire and Shane will take over. It’s kind of a sad situation. Mr. Kaser and others suggested we should work with parks to alleviate the situation. We should Look it as an opportunity to improve the course with even better locations, perhaps giving up on the White Oak stand. Mr. Ross suggested forming a new committee asap to identify park boundaries and begin the process of selecting new holes for eventual membership approval.

Meeting locations (Mr. Voss): He solicited feedback on how the Woodstock meeting went and what could be better in the current arrangement of even months at Tunison for formal work and at Woodstock’s Pizza for more socializing. Mr. Ross had suggested perhaps more emphasis on club projects and missions as opposed to just an unveiling of a list members were asked to take the initiative to view. We want to continue pattern of providing information on what we are working on. The social meeting should definitely include upcoming club events but avoid any attempt to make important decisions at the larger social meetings. Greenskeeper reports might be good additions for the Woodstock’s meetings.

Agenda Action Items (Various): Mr. Voss noted his announcement that club bag tags are now available for purchase and several had been purchased at Festivus.

He also met with Corvallis Parks last week. He felt them on pending agenda items such as power coating which the city offered to contribute $1,000 toward the project.

An upgrade to the kiosk was also discussed where the club would assume total control and responsibility for what goes behind the Plexiglass cover. He said they wouldn't want any statues for Nate Sexton but would be happy to do whatever we want in the kiosk to recognize the world class achievements of club members.

Furthermore, Mr. Voss is contemplating several potential course modifications and improvements. He is considering a general idea of asking members to pick a project and become a lead for that project, including planning, authorization and assembling resources and support. Projects should not to conflict with Greenskeeper priorities and wishes and should have prior club discussion and city support. Most people, he though, would be willing to put in more time if they engage in and see a project through to completion that they could point to as a concrete achievement.

We could have some information at the kiosk about proposed course modifications and improvements and opportunities to lead or support.

Mr. Downey noted that he’s seen what appear to be unauthorized course modifications, such as a tree removed on the lane down to long hole 11. Ranger Shane may or may not have been making some modifications. The Club needs to think about new hole signage at Adair in the very near future. The sign materials are long in the tooth both for condition and information—especially regarding recently-added hole positions.

Signage will be part of the conversation with both the County and City Parks. The City staff is particularly enthusiastic about the prospect of sponsored tee signs. Former President Shawn Delouhery given chance to see complete the project as he envisioned and has started through to completion. He’s proposing 18 tee signs with $100 local business sponsorships for a total of $1,800 going to City Parks. They were quite enthusiastic about the prospect of income as it helps them generate matching funds for their budget.

The WDGC Invitational in Blodgett is committed for Saturday, April 13 and should hold, according to Mr. Johnson.

In other action items, Mr. Hervey reported that the Membership Survey needs more refining and member feedback before being released for active members.

Checkout: Mr. Johnson took on a new action item on the club mower which is at his house. It needs to get its battery charged and started. He plans to bring to take it by Lige Sexton’s place in Philomath to see if worth repairing. Maybe more is bent than the shaft or deck. It may require parts and be repairable or not. Greg will also look to buy a used hauler Lige has for sale to make available to the club for work parties. It would be possibly stored in the club shed at Adair.

The club may have it’s Christmas party and potluck at the Grange Hall in Philomath. Plans call for raffle prizes and an indoor putting contest.