Date   

Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 08/05/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 5 August 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 08/05/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 5 August 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 07/01/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 July 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 07/01/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 July 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: Willamette Tee Signs Vote

Richard Hervey
 

Looks good to me.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:18 AM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello,

Please see the attached tee see design for club approval. The club had already voted to go ahead with this project, so this vote is a final yes or no on the overall design. Do not be concerned with the details of the map of the hole - that will be refined next - this is simply an example of the overall design.

Design note: There are holes through the tee sign design next to the pin locations and distances - the current location will marked by installing a 3D printed "bolt" that marks the pin location on the sign. Since we have multiple HP people on club staff, these are easy to get and easy to replace.

This design has gone through a couple of iterations before now. It has been designed to fit certain requirements and parameters given by the City, as well as what the club discussed at meetings, and the changes from the club meeting discussion this month.

This has been in the works for some time. There are not a lot of changes that can be done to it at this point - so, unless you really have some major issue with it, please vote yes so we can move forward.

Please reply to this email with a yes or no vote. Voting will be open through July 1, 2019.

If you vote no, please give at least a short reason explaining what you would like to see changed.

Also, for those of you who have not yet accepted the invite to groups.io, please do so. You must accept the invite to be added to the voting members subgroup. It is way easier to email one address list than try to figure out who isn't on the list and add them to the emails.

Thanks!

Robert



--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


Update on WDGC mower

Greg Johnson
 

It has been repaired for $60, picked up and on my trailer back in Blodgett shed.
Billy can't keep it at his house.
Once the city does a thorough mowing at Willamette Billy will be able to work on the leftovers and some others to weedwhack the dragons teeth and other spots mowers can't get to. I would like to set up a place to store it by the shed at Adair without my trailer.



Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 06/03/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 3 June 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: tee sign design

Richard Hervey
 

just in case you get to Tunison before me tonight - the door code this week is:
222539.  The desk person did not sound completely competent.  I asked about did I need to push the # sign after.  She ended up saying I should start with the # sign.  In my previous experience, I did note that it is important to note whether your push of each button registers.  So, you may have to play with it.  Hopefully, I'll be there ahead of you to enter the number.

Richard


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:34 AM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Apologies folks. I still do not have the official tee sign design as of this morning, but feel like I need to send out something before the meeting tonight... Here is the tee sign design proposal. I had to modify this myself, so it is not technically the real deal.

The tee sign itself is 9 x 12 inches. I propose to use the existing 4x4 posts. The sponsor sign will be a separate plaque for easier and less expensive replacement. Besides what we can see in the picture, my vision was to get the vinyl post covers with caps to encase the 4x4 posts. It will make them both look better and last longer. As well, for at least the holes with pin locations that are not visible, I would also like to mark pin locations. I REALLY like how they do it out al Albany with a couple holes drilled in the sign and a lock to mark the position. Simple, effective, and relatively safe from vandalism. The other option I explored is doing the eye bolts for locations and bolt/nut to mark it like it is done at Adair.

We can discuss some more of this tonight, but I want to at least put out there that, primarily due to budget constraints, we will not be getting much more complicated or fancy with the signs. We may add a piece of information or change the color theme, for instance, but we necessarily need to try to limit it. All said and done, the current proposal comes in at over $100 per sign assuming all the 4x4 posts are ready to go.

Robert



--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


tee sign design

Robert Voss
 

Apologies folks. I still do not have the official tee sign design as of this morning, but feel like I need to send out something before the meeting tonight... Here is the tee sign design proposal. I had to modify this myself, so it is not technically the real deal.

The tee sign itself is 9 x 12 inches. I propose to use the existing 4x4 posts. The sponsor sign will be a separate plaque for easier and less expensive replacement. Besides what we can see in the picture, my vision was to get the vinyl post covers with caps to encase the 4x4 posts. It will make them both look better and last longer. As well, for at least the holes with pin locations that are not visible, I would also like to mark pin locations. I REALLY like how they do it out al Albany with a couple holes drilled in the sign and a lock to mark the position. Simple, effective, and relatively safe from vandalism. The other option I explored is doing the eye bolts for locations and bolt/nut to mark it like it is done at Adair.

We can discuss some more of this tonight, but I want to at least put out there that, primarily due to budget constraints, we will not be getting much more complicated or fancy with the signs. We may add a piece of information or change the color theme, for instance, but we necessarily need to try to limit it. All said and done, the current proposal comes in at over $100 per sign assuming all the 4x4 posts are ready to go.

Robert


Agenda for Tomorrow's WDGC meeting

Richard Hervey
 

Good Evening golfers,

Attached and below are the agenda and attachments for tomorrow's 7:00 pm meeting at the Tunison Community Room.  Please note that we will deciding about the proposed Willy tee sign design and funding.

Richard

Time

Min

Person

Topic/Goal

7:00

8

All

*Check in – 2 min. per person

7:08

2

Richard

Meeting agenda overview, modification, and approval

7:10

5

All

Announcements

7:15

2

Richard

Approval of Minutes from May 6, 2019 (WDGC_Meeting_Minutes_05062019.docx)

7:17

2

Richard

Action Item Review

Richard  -          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations.

Robert - -    Pass down info to Mark for secretary

-          Bring full proposal for tee signs to next meeting

7:19

4

Robert

President’s report

7:23

4

Richard

Vice President’s report

7:27

2

Greg

Treasurer’s report

7:29

4

Kelly/Billy

Greenskeepers reports

7:33

10

Robert

Tee Sign Decision  (DG TEE SIGN V2 with sponsor.pdf)

7:43

10

Greg

Update and Discussion on Mower Status

7:53

2

Richard

Meeting Debrief

7:55

3

Richard

Set / Affirm Agenda Items for Next meeting.  Review action items for next meeting.

7:58

2

Richard

***Check out

8:00

 

Richard

Adjourn




--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 06/03/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 3 June 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: June meeting, tee signs

Bill Gaskill
 

The mower is with Lige (bless his soul) again and may be a lost cause. He's doing compression testing on the engine.

Also, the hydraulic steering issue is getting worse.  I think it may be time to call it quits and start a club fund for a new(er) mower in truth. 

On Tue, May 28, 2019, 4:35 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It would be good to get an update on the mower status from Billy. It's prime time for mowing needs.



On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 4:26 PM, Robert Voss
Hello again,

Here is the standard call for agenda items for the next meeting. Let us know if there is something we need to discuss. We will be back at Tunison Community Center at 7 PM on June 3rd.

Also, a tee signs update: my apologies that I have not sent out the promised design. I have had a lot of trouble with getting artwork to the shop and getting the proof done. Thank goodness we have Kelly Christiansen, because I had to call in the big guns for help and he saved the day. Again. I was told today that all is well and we should have something to look at tomorrow or the next day.


Rob


Re: June meeting, tee signs

Greg Johnson
 

It would be good to get an update on the mower status from Billy. It's prime time for mowing needs.



On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 4:26 PM, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello again,

Here is the standard call for agenda items for the next meeting. Let us know if there is something we need to discuss. We will be back at Tunison Community Center at 7 PM on June 3rd.

Also, a tee signs update: my apologies that I have not sent out the promised design. I have had a lot of trouble with getting artwork to the shop and getting the proof done. Thank goodness we have Kelly Christiansen, because I had to call in the big guns for help and he saved the day. Again. I was told today that all is well and we should have something to look at tomorrow or the next day.


Rob


June meeting, tee signs

Robert Voss
 

Hello again,

Here is the standard call for agenda items for the next meeting. Let us know if there is something we need to discuss. We will be back at Tunison Community Center at 7 PM on June 3rd.

Also, a tee signs update: my apologies that I have not sent out the promised design. I have had a lot of trouble with getting artwork to the shop and getting the proof done. Thank goodness we have Kelly Christiansen, because I had to call in the big guns for help and he saved the day. Again. I was told today that all is well and we should have something to look at tomorrow or the next day.


Rob


Introductory disc golf classes

Robert Voss
 

Hello WDGC folks!

Who would be interested in teaching an introductory disc golf class as a volunteer? You do not need to be a pro. The club is going to host two sessions in September and January that will be offered through Corvallis Parks and Rec. I have already done all the paperwork with the City, and they are excited to add this program. We will plan to be at Willamette with a gym location available (through the City at no cost) as a backup if the weather is too much. We may also add intermediate and advanced classes as summer opportunities.

I also got all of our leagues and tournaments listed in the semi-annual Activities Guide that gets mailed out to Corvallis residents and is available online. They will be listed with our class offerings. At the end of it, we will have an entire page in the Activities guide devoted to disc golf opportunities in Corvallis brought to you by Willamette Disc Golf Club. I'm quite excited about this and I hope some others will be, too!

About volunteering as instructor: you will be a City of Corvallis volunteer and dealing with kids, so there is a super short application and they do a background check (free for volunteers). Each class session will run 2 hours over 4 Saturdays, so 8 days and 16 hours total. I am looking at Sept 14 to Oct 5, and Jan 11 through Feb 1. It will be after handicap league that time of year, so start will be about 1 PM.

Remember you don't have to be a pro to help teach an intro class - all you need is a good attitude! Whether you can help out one day or every day, we would love to have a few good folks!

This aligns with our club purposes of working with local governments to expand disc golf opportunities, providing and supporting opportunities for organized play at various levels, helping educate new people about the benefits disc golf, and outreach to encourage proper rules and etiquette among casual golfers. It also aligns with our goals to promote and grow the sport of disc golf, promote safe play and proper adherence to the rules, and to promote play by underrepresented groups such women, youth, different cultural groups, and seniors.

If this goes well, it could turn into something a lot bigger that would be good for the community and the sport of disc golf.

Contact Robert Voss if interested in helping out. Thanks!


Typed on my phone - sorry if some spelling or grammar is bad.


WDGC May meeting and tee signs update

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

Additions to the meeting minutes:
- Total membership is at 40 plus another 10 family members.
- Scott donated 18 Discraft discs leftover from the April Fools Doubles tournament.
- We gave away 15 discs for CTPs at the Blodgett tournament.
- There were 28 players and Greg won the Ace Pot.


Willamette tee signs update:
I will have a tee sign design for Willamette by the June meeting. I planned to have it to send out with this email, but the design is being tweaked and the bylaws specify that I have to give notice of a vote at least two weeks before the meeting - so I am sending out the notice now. I will send out a design when I have one that I want to show to people.

The June meeting will be the one opportunity to have input on the signs. We are not going to wait multiple months for meetings and votes to be able move forward on this project that is holding up my being able to work on any other projects!


Robert


Re: May meeting minutes and documents

Greg Johnson
 

Good Summary Robert.
Please send me info to pay for mower rental. Send me portable toilet rental bill for Nate's event and I will reimburse you from the club account. That should give you more to work with for league.
Additions:
Total membership is at 40 plus another 10 family members.
Scott donated 18 Discraft discs leftover from the April Fools doubles.
We gave away 15 discs for CTPs at the Blodgett tournament. 28 players. 
Greg won the Ace Pot


On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 3:16 PM, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Attached are the May meeting minutes and referenced documents. The meeting minutes are also pasted below.

Robert




Meeting minutes, May 6, 2019

Willamette Disc Golf Club

 

Attendance:

Malia Mickulin, Marc Haerling, Robert Voss, Greg Johnson, Kelly Christiansen, Richard Hervey, Scott Hessel, Nic Stevens, Billy Gaskill, Mark Turley,

 

 

Meeting start at 7:05 PM

-          Robert ran the meeting without an official agenda as is typical at the pizza meetings.

 

Member check-ins

-          Richard’s ribs are feeling much better and he has played a couple of rounds. Headed to Whistler’s with the “old guys” on Thursday.

-          Greg’s work group from HP is having a picnic and playing disc golf at Willy on Friday.

-          Scott played a doubles event at Serene this last weekend. Reports the course is well groomed and playing great.

-          Robert played out at Dexter and Cottage Grove this last weekend. Reports that Dexter is well groomed and playing great. The Grove, on the other hand, had piles of trash at every hole. Seemed like the course well taken care of, but I could not get past the sheer amount of trash.

-          Greg also reported that there was no reservation for the room at Woodstocks. Greg will take responsibility for making the reservations for Woodstocks meetings (Richard will continue to handle the Tunison reservations with the City of Corvallis).

 

Officer reports

VP (Richard)

-          No updates

Secretary (N/A)

-          Position was vacant to start the meeting

Treasurer (Greg)

-          No updates

Disc Czar (Greg)

-          We have some new discs, and some are fundraiser discs

o   Corvettes with special stamps down to 167g - $17 and almost half goes towards supporting the Willamette Open. 9 left

o   Barsby Roadrunners and Wysocki Star Destroyers, both available in super light weights, and both will support the Fill the Basket for Share Tournament with a $5 donation per disc. 4 left of each

Adair green keeper (Kelly)

-          Has installed new locks on almost all the baskets. A couple need some TLC to get things aligned and the locks to fit.

-          AUGUST 4 is a MS150 ride, and there will be an aid station at Adair Park. It will be around the back in the loop, but there will be A LOT of extra traffic that day.

o   We’ll want to put up signs before the event to warn people.

-          Some baskets have been moved.

Willamette Green Keeper (Billy)

-          Talked about the tree clean up that was done. We didn’t intend to have the entire tree removed on 3. The City went forward without discussion and cleared the area.

-          Billy did A LOT of mowing out at Willamette (since the City had not done any at all and the grass was getting insane).

-          The City is supposed to be out there this week to take care of the mowing.

-          Lots of baskets have been moved.

President (Robert)

-          Have not heard anything from City on powder coat proposal. Considering pulling the proposal in favor of replacing the baskets.

o   The proposal for the kiosk renovation and honoring our champions is pretty much done, but I back-burnered it while waiting for some kind of feedback on the powder coat proposal (before turning in another one).

-          Sean has not had time to make progress on tee signs project. Robert will take over.

o   Discussed the progress with Houck designs.

-          Introduced a proposal for an organizational change to a board structure. Proposal document attached.

o   Will require bylaws changes. A document outlining the changes is also attached. Strikethroughs are deletions and red text is insertions.

 

Other agenda items

-          Mark Turley was nominated and seconded for club secretary, and unanimously voted into the position.

o   Robert will pass info/logins down to Mark

-          Greg talked about the invitational at his place. Went well. Course is in great shape and playing well. If folks want to go out there to play it, just call Greg. Plan to bring a friend, because spotters really are good on some holes.

-          Sunday dubs is still going. Club money is up to about $61.

o   Some of our club went to the Coast the last week of April as part of our new exchange program. Happy to say that the valley guys cleaned up!

o   The Coast club will be coming here May 26th.

-          Tuesday handicap league started off great with 12 people the first week and 18 the second week

o    I have a -$18 balance in my ledger at this time after paying for the reservation and portable toilet for the Sexton Shootout in June. Some of that I paid out of pocket so I have about $75 cash in my till for league.

-          Upcoming tournaments (bold are WDGC tournaments)

o   May 25 - Trilogy Challenge at Willamette (me)

o   May 26 – MVP Circuit Challenge

o   Jun 1 - Sexton Shootout - Adair (Nate Sexton)

o   July 21 - Fill the Basket for Food Share - Adair (me)

o   Aug 17 - Willamette Open PDGA C-Tier (me)

o   Aug 24&25 - Calapooia Classic at Adair (Albany Club)

o   Sep 21 - President's Cup - Adair (me)

o   Oct 5    - Vets Helping Vets Charity - Willamette (Robert C.)

o   Oct ? – Oktoberfest – Adair (Scott Withers)

-          Robert has authorized Richard to speak with the City with full authority and on behalf of the club. He will act as my liaison to the City.

-          Mentioned the new baskets project and what I found out so far.

o   Greg said that the club has authorized new tee signs and that it should be more important than starting a new project.

o   We will get the tee signs done before we further discuss baskets

-          We decided that it is better to come to meetings with thought out and written proposals so as to not waste time discussing.

 

 

Action items:

Richard

-          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations. (I forgot to ask about this at the meeting)

Robert

-          Pass down info to Mark for secretary

-          Bring full proposal for tee signs to next meeting

-           


May meeting minutes and documents

Robert Voss
 

Attached are the May meeting minutes and referenced documents. The meeting minutes are also pasted below.

Robert




Meeting minutes, May 6, 2019

Willamette Disc Golf Club

 

Attendance:

Malia Mickulin, Marc Haerling, Robert Voss, Greg Johnson, Kelly Christiansen, Richard Hervey, Scott Hessel, Nic Stevens, Billy Gaskill, Mark Turley,

 

 

Meeting start at 7:05 PM

-          Robert ran the meeting without an official agenda as is typical at the pizza meetings.

 

Member check-ins

-          Richard’s ribs are feeling much better and he has played a couple of rounds. Headed to Whistler’s with the “old guys” on Thursday.

-          Greg’s work group from HP is having a picnic and playing disc golf at Willy on Friday.

-          Scott played a doubles event at Serene this last weekend. Reports the course is well groomed and playing great.

-          Robert played out at Dexter and Cottage Grove this last weekend. Reports that Dexter is well groomed and playing great. The Grove, on the other hand, had piles of trash at every hole. Seemed like the course well taken care of, but I could not get past the sheer amount of trash.

-          Greg also reported that there was no reservation for the room at Woodstocks. Greg will take responsibility for making the reservations for Woodstocks meetings (Richard will continue to handle the Tunison reservations with the City of Corvallis).

 

Officer reports

VP (Richard)

-          No updates

Secretary (N/A)

-          Position was vacant to start the meeting

Treasurer (Greg)

-          No updates

Disc Czar (Greg)

-          We have some new discs, and some are fundraiser discs

o   Corvettes with special stamps down to 167g - $17 and almost half goes towards supporting the Willamette Open. 9 left

o   Barsby Roadrunners and Wysocki Star Destroyers, both available in super light weights, and both will support the Fill the Basket for Share Tournament with a $5 donation per disc. 4 left of each

Adair green keeper (Kelly)

-          Has installed new locks on almost all the baskets. A couple need some TLC to get things aligned and the locks to fit.

-          AUGUST 4 is a MS150 ride, and there will be an aid station at Adair Park. It will be around the back in the loop, but there will be A LOT of extra traffic that day.

o   We’ll want to put up signs before the event to warn people.

-          Some baskets have been moved.

Willamette Green Keeper (Billy)

-          Talked about the tree clean up that was done. We didn’t intend to have the entire tree removed on 3. The City went forward without discussion and cleared the area.

-          Billy did A LOT of mowing out at Willamette (since the City had not done any at all and the grass was getting insane).

-          The City is supposed to be out there this week to take care of the mowing.

-          Lots of baskets have been moved.

President (Robert)

-          Have not heard anything from City on powder coat proposal. Considering pulling the proposal in favor of replacing the baskets.

o   The proposal for the kiosk renovation and honoring our champions is pretty much done, but I back-burnered it while waiting for some kind of feedback on the powder coat proposal (before turning in another one).

-          Sean has not had time to make progress on tee signs project. Robert will take over.

o   Discussed the progress with Houck designs.

-          Introduced a proposal for an organizational change to a board structure. Proposal document attached.

o   Will require bylaws changes. A document outlining the changes is also attached. Strikethroughs are deletions and red text is insertions.

 

Other agenda items

-          Mark Turley was nominated and seconded for club secretary, and unanimously voted into the position.

o   Robert will pass info/logins down to Mark

-          Greg talked about the invitational at his place. Went well. Course is in great shape and playing well. If folks want to go out there to play it, just call Greg. Plan to bring a friend, because spotters really are good on some holes.

-          Sunday dubs is still going. Club money is up to about $61.

o   Some of our club went to the Coast the last week of April as part of our new exchange program. Happy to say that the valley guys cleaned up!

o   The Coast club will be coming here May 26th.

-          Tuesday handicap league started off great with 12 people the first week and 18 the second week

o    I have a -$18 balance in my ledger at this time after paying for the reservation and portable toilet for the Sexton Shootout in June. Some of that I paid out of pocket so I have about $75 cash in my till for league.

-          Upcoming tournaments (bold are WDGC tournaments)

o   May 25 - Trilogy Challenge at Willamette (me)

o   May 26 – MVP Circuit Challenge

o   Jun 1 - Sexton Shootout - Adair (Nate Sexton)

o   July 21 - Fill the Basket for Food Share - Adair (me)

o   Aug 17 - Willamette Open PDGA C-Tier (me)

o   Aug 24&25 - Calapooia Classic at Adair (Albany Club)

o   Sep 21 - President's Cup - Adair (me)

o   Oct 5    - Vets Helping Vets Charity - Willamette (Robert C.)

o   Oct ? – Oktoberfest – Adair (Scott Withers)

-          Robert has authorized Richard to speak with the City with full authority and on behalf of the club. He will act as my liaison to the City.

-          Mentioned the new baskets project and what I found out so far.

o   Greg said that the club has authorized new tee signs and that it should be more important than starting a new project.

o   We will get the tee signs done before we further discuss baskets

-          We decided that it is better to come to meetings with thought out and written proposals so as to not waste time discussing.

 

 

Action items:

Richard

-          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations. (I forgot to ask about this at the meeting)

Robert

-          Pass down info to Mark for secretary

-          Bring full proposal for tee signs to next meeting

-           


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 05/06/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 6 May 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 05/06/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 6 May 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

241 - 260 of 2254