Date   

Willamette DG maintenance

Bryce Downey
 

One pile gone again, thanks to Crawdad and a new volunteer, Michael. We appreciate the supply of materials to the ongoing maintenance of the park. Volunteering like we all do is also appreciated. Good luck Michael in finishing your degree in biomechanical engineering in the spring term.


Re: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 02/01/2021 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

Bryce Downey
 

The first pile of chips is gone. Distributed to the top of the covering around one's t-pad, the path towards the basket, and between the pad and the walkouts. Crawdad and Kai were the volunteers that helped out today after having played. Thanks for the help. It all matters. People are appreciative. Now on to Adair tomorrow and then more chips at Willamette #2 and beyond.

Bryce

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021, 6:00 PM main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 February 2021, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings until further notice

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented ZOOM MEETINGS (see below for login info) that used to be in Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.

ZOOM MEETING INFO:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
Password: 202020

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,9055332887# or +16468769923,,9055332887#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 905 533 2887
Password: 202020
International numbers available: https://hp.zoom.com/u/aGOs47uNi


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 02/01/2021 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 February 2021, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings until further notice

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented ZOOM MEETINGS (see below for login info) that used to be in Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.

ZOOM MEETING INFO:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
Password: 202020

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,9055332887# or +16468769923,,9055332887#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 905 533 2887
Password: 202020
International numbers available: https://hp.zoom.com/u/aGOs47uNi


New! Pie Five PDGA C-Tier Pop Up!

Robert Voss
 

Hello all,

I have been working to get us another tournament. As discussed, Festivus cannot be held at Adair at the normal time, so it is on hold until we can have events at Adair. Not the same thing, not at all, but going to be fun anyway, a pop up C-tier with a hot lunch! The Pie Five PDGA Pop Up. Still taking COVID into account, we will be using tee times as before, and lunch will be catered with health safety in mind - simply select an option at registration and your mini pizza will be individually packaged, labeled with your name, and delivered hot towards the end of your first round. Free as player pack for amateurs, and just $5 as option for pros!

PayPal payouts to pros and scrip through Swift Discs online store for amateurs. No less than 85% payout per PDGA, but thinking it will end up 100% thanks to pie Five!

Online registration only! Register early - you know how it is - it will quickly fill once people find it. Details and registration: https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Pie_Five_Pop_Up_2021
image.png




Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 02/01/2021 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 February 2021, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings until further notice

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented ZOOM MEETINGS (see below for login info) that used to be in Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.

ZOOM MEETING INFO:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
Password: 202020

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,9055332887# or +16468769923,,9055332887#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 905 533 2887
Password: 202020
International numbers available: https://hp.zoom.com/u/aGOs47uNi


Re: Upcoming Work Parties at Adair and Willamette

Greg Johnson
 

Awesome, Robert was going to get out there too, he must have been amazed by what he saw done. The evening we dropped off the load. I mentioned to a few guys that were around that anyone could jump in and start spreading around the chips and we wi.ll get more for other parts of the course. Not sure whp those guys were besides Reed Key who was playing out at Pineway yesterday. That was a fun course tons of OB to manage.

Greg

I will get out to Adair today and post a notice about work parties this week. 


On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 7:40 PM, Bryce Downey
<dbrycedowney@...> wrote:
There are good people in the universe. This afternoon I went to Willamette to move wood chips. I arrived and found one pile gone and the practice basket well circled. I started on hole 1's T-pad. After I almost had it circled with piles from my wheelbarrow, two finishing at 18 came up and proceeded to assist letting me know that they had done the earlier job before playing a round. Dakota and Colin got out their equipment and asked where else to put the chips. Then Bear Judge showed up and "chipped in" as well. In short order we had circled the practice basket, 18's basket, and the hole 1 T-pad. That is a story of volunteerism and excellence that I often see in disc golfers. 

Nice story and a good day's work with about 2/3 of the pile gone. I left some for dispersal as there is a lot to do. Then Bear and I played a quick round finishing at approximately 5:45 at the edge of dark. Bear had 3 or 4 birdies inspired by Bob's excellent round the day before.

Bryce Downey

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 11:22 AM Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am not sure how many people follow this forum. I don't have the account to post on Facebook.
Robert, please repost this message on our FB page.

Yesterday, Robert and I delivered a load of bark chips to Willamette, material donated by Corvallis Tree and Lawn. 
It is so muddy by hole 1, 18 and the practice basket, we dumped the whole load there. Anyone can help spread those chips around to cover up the mud, around the #1 tee box, path off front of tee, 18 pins, and the muddiest walkout areas. 
We will work on getting another load soon and split the pile between holes 7 & 12.

Today I was advised by Shane from parks that "I am way behind on spreading gravel at Adair". A fun way of confirming he had gravel delivered per my request to gravel space by the #11 tee box. I had a good meeting and walk through with Shane last Friday. Encouraging news, is that one of the identified club responsibilities is to remove the temporary tees when the oak grove reopens. I think he recognizes the need for a bunch more infrastructure (concrete tee box construction) and clearing work to make more permanent holes. This will take some time, especially with our priority to replace baskets at both courses.

The gravel at Adair is mainly to replenish the gravel on the walkways bounded by rails. 
If we use it up and still need more, I will ask for another load.

Adair Work Parties - Wednesday afternoon February 3rd - weather looks best for next week.
Tentatively follow up work party for Saturday February 6th at 10am.
I will arrange to borrow the tracked hauler from the county and I will bring out my power wagon for moving gravel deeper into hole 10 and around the Berm to hole 6 etc.

These will be the times that we need the most people to help, but people can also contact me about helping on their own schedule. My number is 541-760-2372.

If you have them, please bring shovels for loading gravel or garden rake for working the spreading locations. Wheelbarrows that can handle 3/4 minus crushed gravel. 2 or 3 people to load wheel barrows at the pile, 2 or 3 at spreading locations and 3 or more Wheelbarrow operators.  The more people and wheel barrows we have the faster the pile will disappear along with some of the mud.

Work to refurb the walk out path from 10, as the starting point can happen anytime, without the power haulers, by anyone looking to pitch in. People willing to help should bring gloves, shovel, garden rake, wheelbarrow for Adair gravel spreading.

We are working on getting bark chips for Adair too.

Regards,

Greg Johnson


Re: Upcoming Work Parties at Adair and Willamette

Bryce Downey
 

There are good people in the universe. This afternoon I went to Willamette to move wood chips. I arrived and found one pile gone and the practice basket well circled. I started on hole 1's T-pad. After I almost had it circled with piles from my wheelbarrow, two finishing at 18 came up and proceeded to assist letting me know that they had done the earlier job before playing a round. Dakota and Colin got out their equipment and asked where else to put the chips. Then Bear Judge showed up and "chipped in" as well. In short order we had circled the practice basket, 18's basket, and the hole 1 T-pad. That is a story of volunteerism and excellence that I often see in disc golfers. 

Nice story and a good day's work with about 2/3 of the pile gone. I left some for dispersal as there is a lot to do. Then Bear and I played a quick round finishing at approximately 5:45 at the edge of dark. Bear had 3 or 4 birdies inspired by Bob's excellent round the day before.

Bryce Downey

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021, 11:22 AM Greg Johnson via groups.io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am not sure how many people follow this forum. I don't have the account to post on Facebook.
Robert, please repost this message on our FB page.

Yesterday, Robert and I delivered a load of bark chips to Willamette, material donated by Corvallis Tree and Lawn. 
It is so muddy by hole 1, 18 and the practice basket, we dumped the whole load there. Anyone can help spread those chips around to cover up the mud, around the #1 tee box, path off front of tee, 18 pins, and the muddiest walkout areas. 
We will work on getting another load soon and split the pile between holes 7 & 12.

Today I was advised by Shane from parks that "I am way behind on spreading gravel at Adair". A fun way of confirming he had gravel delivered per my request to gravel space by the #11 tee box. I had a good meeting and walk through with Shane last Friday. Encouraging news, is that one of the identified club responsibilities is to remove the temporary tees when the oak grove reopens. I think he recognizes the need for a bunch more infrastructure (concrete tee box construction) and clearing work to make more permanent holes. This will take some time, especially with our priority to replace baskets at both courses.

The gravel at Adair is mainly to replenish the gravel on the walkways bounded by rails. 
If we use it up and still need more, I will ask for another load.

Adair Work Parties - Wednesday afternoon February 3rd - weather looks best for next week.
Tentatively follow up work party for Saturday February 6th at 10am.
I will arrange to borrow the tracked hauler from the county and I will bring out my power wagon for moving gravel deeper into hole 10 and around the Berm to hole 6 etc.

These will be the times that we need the most people to help, but people can also contact me about helping on their own schedule. My number is 541-760-2372.

If you have them, please bring shovels for loading gravel or garden rake for working the spreading locations. Wheelbarrows that can handle 3/4 minus crushed gravel. 2 or 3 people to load wheel barrows at the pile, 2 or 3 at spreading locations and 3 or more Wheelbarrow operators.  The more people and wheel barrows we have the faster the pile will disappear along with some of the mud.

Work to refurb the walk out path from 10, as the starting point can happen anytime, without the power haulers, by anyone looking to pitch in. People willing to help should bring gloves, shovel, garden rake, wheelbarrow for Adair gravel spreading.

We are working on getting bark chips for Adair too.

Regards,

Greg Johnson


Upcoming Work Parties at Adair and Willamette

Greg Johnson
 

I am not sure how many people follow this forum. I don't have the account to post on Facebook.
Robert, please repost this message on our FB page.

Yesterday, Robert and I delivered a load of bark chips to Willamette, material donated by Corvallis Tree and Lawn. 
It is so muddy by hole 1, 18 and the practice basket, we dumped the whole load there. Anyone can help spread those chips around to cover up the mud, around the #1 tee box, path off front of tee, 18 pins, and the muddiest walkout areas. 
We will work on getting another load soon and split the pile between holes 7 & 12.

Today I was advised by Shane from parks that "I am way behind on spreading gravel at Adair". A fun way of confirming he had gravel delivered per my request to gravel space by the #11 tee box. I had a good meeting and walk through with Shane last Friday. Encouraging news, is that one of the identified club responsibilities is to remove the temporary tees when the oak grove reopens. I think he recognizes the need for a bunch more infrastructure (concrete tee box construction) and clearing work to make more permanent holes. This will take some time, especially with our priority to replace baskets at both courses.

The gravel at Adair is mainly to replenish the gravel on the walkways bounded by rails. 
If we use it up and still need more, I will ask for another load.

Adair Work Parties - Wednesday afternoon February 3rd - weather looks best for next week.
Tentatively follow up work party for Saturday February 6th at 10am.
I will arrange to borrow the tracked hauler from the county and I will bring out my power wagon for moving gravel deeper into hole 10 and around the Berm to hole 6 etc.

These will be the times that we need the most people to help, but people can also contact me about helping on their own schedule. My number is 541-760-2372.

If you have them, please bring shovels for loading gravel or garden rake for working the spreading locations. Wheelbarrows that can handle 3/4 minus crushed gravel. 2 or 3 people to load wheel barrows at the pile, 2 or 3 at spreading locations and 3 or more Wheelbarrow operators.  The more people and wheel barrows we have the faster the pile will disappear along with some of the mud.

Work to refurb the walk out path from 10, as the starting point can happen anytime, without the power haulers, by anyone looking to pitch in. People willing to help should bring gloves, shovel, garden rake, wheelbarrow for Adair gravel spreading.

We are working on getting bark chips for Adair too.

Regards,

Greg Johnson


Handicap league & PDGA option

Robert Voss
 

FYI,

Winter handicap league starts January 30th!

winter_handicap_2021_FB_event_cover.jpg


Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





Re: Ice Bowl & Festivus & League news

Mike Gibson
 

Hey Robert--Great tournament great time. The only thing better would be if you record my Pro 60+ score!
Thanks!
Mike G

On Saturday, January 9, 2021, 5:34:13 PM PST, Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:


Hello all, The 3rd annual Ice Bowl was a great success for a COVID limited tournament. And this year it was an actual Ice Bowl where it never got warm today!
Despite being limited on how many people I could let sign up, we still managed to raise $1137 for Linn Benton Food Share. That is also thanks to a generous donation of $200 from Greg Johnson, tee sign sponsorships from Fish Window Cleaning and Jay Sexton, and many participants donating back their $5 bill player packs. I'll also throw in the other $63 to make it an even $1200. Not quite as much as last year, but I am very thankful for what we raised, all things considered. Thank you for your support of Linn Benton Food Share! Goal #1 was to raise money for Linn Benton Food Share and we accomplished that goal. Goal #2 was to have fun. I received a lot of good feedback today on our casual version of an Ice Bowl for charity, so we also accomplished that goal! Sorry, I did not get photos today. Fail! Scores are posted on Disc Golf Scene at: https://www.discgolfscene.com/.../Willamette_Ice_Bowl_2021 CTP's won today:
1. Joshua Sand
2. Jeremiah Johnson
3. Carlos Garcia
4. Joshua Sand
5. Duncan Varisco
6. Lonnie Drouhard
7. Tyler McMaster
8. Marc Haerling
9. Eduardo Garcia
10. Brian McCollum
11. Daniel Aranda
12. Joshua Sand
13. Duncan Varisco
14. Nicole Fischella
15. Samuel Snider
16. Mike Gibson
17. Ethan Hartz
18. Mickey Anderson Next up, we see if we can agree on a tournament to run in February in place of Festivus. Sadly, Festivus is at least delayed because Benton County still will not approve any events in the park. We agree that it doesn't make sense to run a celebration of Adair Disc Golf course at another course, so it will wait. More to come soon. Handicap and PDGA leagues will resume on January 30. Still on Saturday mornings at 10 am at Willamette Park. You have the option of joining one or both leagues, every week. Cost is $5 for handicap league, $4 gets paid out to 45%, PDGA league is $2 a week to cover costs.

Bag tags will be virtual and tracked online this year, but tags are on hold until I run a finale for 2020. Not starting something new until I finish the old. I need to make that happen. I will get with Billy and see what we come up with. The normal note: remember if you reply to this email that it goes to the whole group.


Best Regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





Ice Bowl & Festivus & League news

Robert Voss
 

Hello all, The 3rd annual Ice Bowl was a great success for a COVID limited tournament. And this year it was an actual Ice Bowl where it never got warm today!
Despite being limited on how many people I could let sign up, we still managed to raise $1137 for Linn Benton Food Share. That is also thanks to a generous donation of $200 from Greg Johnson, tee sign sponsorships from Fish Window Cleaning and Jay Sexton, and many participants donating back their $5 bill player packs. I'll also throw in the other $63 to make it an even $1200. Not quite as much as last year, but I am very thankful for what we raised, all things considered. Thank you for your support of Linn Benton Food Share! Goal #1 was to raise money for Linn Benton Food Share and we accomplished that goal. Goal #2 was to have fun. I received a lot of good feedback today on our casual version of an Ice Bowl for charity, so we also accomplished that goal! Sorry, I did not get photos today. Fail! Scores are posted on Disc Golf Scene at: https://www.discgolfscene.com/.../Willamette_Ice_Bowl_2021 CTP's won today:
1. Joshua Sand
2. Jeremiah Johnson
3. Carlos Garcia
4. Joshua Sand
5. Duncan Varisco
6. Lonnie Drouhard
7. Tyler McMaster
8. Marc Haerling
9. Eduardo Garcia
10. Brian McCollum
11. Daniel Aranda
12. Joshua Sand
13. Duncan Varisco
14. Nicole Fischella
15. Samuel Snider
16. Mike Gibson
17. Ethan Hartz
18. Mickey Anderson Next up, we see if we can agree on a tournament to run in February in place of Festivus. Sadly, Festivus is at least delayed because Benton County still will not approve any events in the park. We agree that it doesn't make sense to run a celebration of Adair Disc Golf course at another course, so it will wait. More to come soon. Handicap and PDGA leagues will resume on January 30. Still on Saturday mornings at 10 am at Willamette Park. You have the option of joining one or both leagues, every week. Cost is $5 for handicap league, $4 gets paid out to 45%, PDGA league is $2 a week to cover costs.

Bag tags will be virtual and tracked online this year, but tags are on hold until I run a finale for 2020. Not starting something new until I finish the old. I need to make that happen. I will get with Billy and see what we come up with. The normal note: remember if you reply to this email that it goes to the whole group.


Best Regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 01/04/2021 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 4 January 2021, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings until further notice

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented ZOOM MEETINGS (see below for login info) that used to be in Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.

ZOOM MEETING INFO:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
Password: 202020

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,9055332887# or +16468769923,,9055332887#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 905 533 2887
Password: 202020
International numbers available: https://hp.zoom.com/u/aGOs47uNi


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 01/04/2021 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 4 January 2021, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Zoom meetings until further notice

View Event

Organizer: Robert Voss robertvoss.wdgc@...

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually). 7 PM during DST (the lots of light time of year) and 6 PM off DST (the dark time of year).

Club business oriented ZOOM MEETINGS (see below for login info) that used to be in Woodstock's Pizza in the back room, where we get updates from club members disc golf life, club officers discuss their responsibilities and give status updates, green keepers check in, we talk about what local events are going on in disc golf including league and tournament updates, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, propose new projects and topics for the following month's business meeting, etc.

ZOOM MEETING INFO:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://hp.zoom.com/j/9055332887?pwd=UEQ4V3d0U3VLY0cwSnpIVWJuazRzZz09
Password: 202020

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,9055332887# or +16468769923,,9055332887#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 876 9923
Meeting ID: 905 533 2887
Password: 202020
International numbers available: https://hp.zoom.com/u/aGOs47uNi


Re: Innova Firefly Fundraiser by Jay Sexton

Robert Voss
 

And just like that, they're gone. Wowza.

Rob




On Sat, Dec 19, 2020, 10:32 AM Robert Voss via groups.io <robertvoss.wdgc=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello,

Jay Sexton is running a fundraiser with a box of Innova Firefly's. Thank you sir!

"As a fundraiser for the new baskets for Adair and Willamette Disc Golf Courses, and in order to get these hard to get and wonderful putters into the hands of players, Jay is offering a limited number of 2020 Sexton Fireflys for $30 each, of which $10 goes to the basket fund.

Limit 3 per person, he doesn't want to mail them, and does not want them re-sold - the intention is that these be used and appreciated. They are great. They are all glow, and made with the new Innova "nexus" plastic that is stiff and a little grippy."

Email Jay at hexagon@... if interested. I would not dally; this is also posted on Facebook and they won't last long!

image.png




Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





Innova Firefly Fundraiser by Jay Sexton

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

Jay Sexton is running a fundraiser with a box of Innova Firefly's. Thank you sir!

"As a fundraiser for the new baskets for Adair and Willamette Disc Golf Courses, and in order to get these hard to get and wonderful putters into the hands of players, Jay is offering a limited number of 2020 Sexton Fireflys for $30 each, of which $10 goes to the basket fund.

Limit 3 per person, he doesn't want to mail them, and does not want them re-sold - the intention is that these be used and appreciated. They are great. They are all glow, and made with the new Innova "nexus" plastic that is stiff and a little grippy."

Email Jay at hexagon@... if interested. I would not dally; this is also posted on Facebook and they won't last long!

image.png




Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





File /Meeting Minutes/WDGC December 7 2020 Meeting Minutes.docx uploaded #file-notice

main@wdgc.groups.io Notification <noreply@...>
 

The following files have been uploaded to the Files area of the main@wdgc.groups.io group.

By: Mark Turley

Description:
WDGC Meeting Minutes December 7th 2020 - 700 PM Zoom


Re: december events canceled

Scott Swearinger
 

Thanks for the update! Hope I can make Thursday! Glow tags sounds awesome, btw.



Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device


-------- Original message --------
From: Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...>
Date: 12/15/20 5:28 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@wdgc.groups.io
Subject: [WDGC] december events canceled

Hello,

We'll be moving back to the extreme risk category on December 18. Sorry if that was news to you.

I am canceling the last two events of the year. The bag tag finale that was this weekend is postponed until further notice, and the Tuesday glow round next week (Dec 22) is canceled.  We'll see what happens after the first of the year.

There is still a glow round planned for Thursday night at 6 PM this week (Dec 17), where we will also discuss the possibility of continuing the glow league after the new year, maybe even with some tags for added spice. 

A lot of folks don't like it, but Willamette Disc Golf Club is a community based group, and as such we are civic minded and socially conscious. Thanks for your patience. It's been a long year for all of us dealing with the ever changing regulations.

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





Re: december events canceled

co3hipster
 

Totally support your decision man! Hopefully we will back to normal next year sometime!

Steve Bachtel

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 5:28 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello,

We'll be moving back to the extreme risk category on December 18. Sorry if that was news to you.

I am canceling the last two events of the year. The bag tag finale that was this weekend is postponed until further notice, and the Tuesday glow round next week (Dec 22) is canceled.  We'll see what happens after the first of the year.

There is still a glow round planned for Thursday night at 6 PM this week (Dec 17), where we will also discuss the possibility of continuing the glow league after the new year, maybe even with some tags for added spice. 

A lot of folks don't like it, but Willamette Disc Golf Club is a community based group, and as such we are civic minded and socially conscious. Thanks for your patience. It's been a long year for all of us dealing with the ever changing regulations.

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





december events canceled

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

We'll be moving back to the extreme risk category on December 18. Sorry if that was news to you.

I am canceling the last two events of the year. The bag tag finale that was this weekend is postponed until further notice, and the Tuesday glow round next week (Dec 22) is canceled.  We'll see what happens after the first of the year.

There is still a glow round planned for Thursday night at 6 PM this week (Dec 17), where we will also discuss the possibility of continuing the glow league after the new year, maybe even with some tags for added spice. 

A lot of folks don't like it, but Willamette Disc Golf Club is a community based group, and as such we are civic minded and socially conscious. Thanks for your patience. It's been a long year for all of us dealing with the ever changing regulations.

Best regards,

Robert Voss
President, Tournament Director
Willamette Disc Golf Club





Fw: WDGC Invitational & Willamette Park Course Fund Raiser Summary

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,

I am forwarding the message that I sent to all the participants and club members that were able to make it out and play the Blodgett Woods course this past weekend, renew or become club members for 2021, and contribute to our fund raising effort to replace baskets at Adair.  You can read the details below that interest you...

My course is going to be generally open to play for club members that contact me about coming out to play.
As long as there are not windy or other nasty weather conditions, I expect the course to be available to play.
This time of year through April is the best time to play my course before all the trees leaf out and lush ground cover starts competing with the ever present ferns. 
Next summer it will get closed down for while, for a timber harvest to create a more defensible space around my house, and once that is done there will no doubt be major changes to a few of the holes.

Some participants used the Udisc app and my course is now set up with a map in Udisc. 
We did not do the official scoring for what Robert set up with Udisc as a league.

I have red 3D printed next tee pointers on the baskets for navigation like Willamette and Adair, thanks to Mark Turley.
Mark and I have also talked about possibly making a 3D printed basket topper to add visibility.
Last week I put together temporary simple tee signs, white with 3" blue #s.
All the baskets have been numbered for a while now.

Let me know when you want to come out for more exercise than your normal disc golf round!
With a little luck and preplanning there will be a better chance that I can join you for all or part of the round.

Birdies for all!

Greg Johnson
541-760-2372
discgolfgreg@...




----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Greg Johnson <discgolfgreg@...>
Sent: Monday, December 7, 2020, 12:39:05 PM PST
Subject: WDGC Invitational & Willamette Park Course Fund Raiser Summary

Hi all,

I am sending this update in BCC mode to all the e-mails I collected/updated this weekend.

Great weather and great turn out this weekend.
We had 48 players, which puts the WDGC membership over 50 for 2021!

We are off to a great start on fund raising for Willamette Baskets. 
$577 was donated over the weekend, and I will be matching that amount.
I will be tracking the donations, and reporting as a subset of the clubs account balances.
Robert has other basket funding commitments, and multiple club members indicated a willingness to contribute more so we are well on our way to funding this upgrade sooner rather than later in 2021!

The estimate is $340 per basket for Mach VII baskets. Maybe a little more for hardware compatibility which we will be checking more thoroughly before anything gets ordered.

Weekend Results:

On Saturday Devin Ross shot 49 (-7) and 52 which turned out to be the best round and two round total for the weekend (101).
Devin wins the Innova Bag.
James Brown shot 50/53 for 103 total, I shot the 53/50 with one round each day to tie James for 2nd overall, and 2nd best 18's.
James wins the Purple Proto Corvette.
Wes Winningham shot 56/51 for the 4th best 18 & 36 hole totals and 2nd best improvement between 2 rounds.
Wes claimed the Glow Champion Destroyer.

Jeff Harper to first place in the combined AM divisions shooting 61/55 for 116 total, and the best improvement between rounds.
Jeff ins the Glow Champion Sidewinder, and also won the CTP on hole 14 which wins him the Blue Pro Katana.
Marc Haerling took 2nd place with scores of 56/62, like me playing 1 round each day.
Marc wins the Dyed Champion JK Valkyrie. (most popular with 17 1st/2nd choice votes, but most of those peeps did not qualify for prizes)
Aaron Sunderlin had the only Ace for the weekend, taking the CTP for hole 13, an with the help of that Ace had the third best AM round with a score of 58 (+2).
Aaron wins the Maroon Innova Polo Shirt and the Pink Axiom Fireball.

Ron Lee shot the best round of the >60 guys and women with an even par 56, edging out Kim Halsey and Bob Burton by one stroke.  Ron also won the division CTP.
The Festivus Orange Glow Champion Firebird was 2nd most popular and I decided to award it to Ron as a combined award, since he had put both 1st and 2nd choice in that cup.
Kim wins the Pink Axiom Clash, and Bob won the Blizzard Dominator.

Other CTP's:
Ryan Hopson won the CTP's for holes #2 & #9. He talked me into letting him have the Glow Champion Firebird as a combined prize. Last night I decided to make the other one I have (172g) with Black foil available to Ron Lee as noted above.
James Leon won the CTP for hole #1. Since his two choices were awarded above to overall round scores, I went into my collection and found another 175g Glow Champion Destroyer that I can part with.  Nicer one too, a 2009 Beaver State Fling fundraiser disc with a rainbow foil!
John Buford won the CTP for hole #8. Similarly, his choices were awarded, so I went to my stock and pulled a 175g Blue Proto Corvette, since James Brown got the purple one.
I will save a few other items of limited interest this time around.

I gave Alex Peters the choice of the left over discs as a DFL prize for his round of 73.  He claimed the Purple Cyclone with the Blackberry logo representative of the original Willamette Park course.

I will put the prizes in the bag for Devin, to have them when I am out and about. Let me know when you want to come back and play my course again and you could collect your prize then as an option.  If in Philomath/Corvallis I could also drop off.

Overall listing of scores pasted below. I have not looked at what got recorded in Udisc because my old phone battery is dying.

Cheers all and thank you for the support of the club and our priorities for 2021.

We do have a club Zoom Meeting tonight as a first Monday of the month at 6:00. Details should be available on FB.
Someday we can return to club meetings at Woodstocks.

Greg Johnson
541-760-2372

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2020
F Name L Name Division Round 1 Round 2 Total
Devin Ross Open 49 52 101
James Brown Open 50 53 103
Greg Johnson Open 53 50 103
Wes Winningham Open 56 51 107
Travis Pugh Open 55 55 110
Eric Smith Open 57 53 110
Ryan Hopson Open 53 60 113
James Leon Open 56 57 113
Jeremy Coulter Open 57 59 116
Logan Stevens Open 58 61 119
Rick Reichard Open 53    
Kelly Christiansen Open 54    
Josh Johnson Open 54    
Mark Martin Open 56    
Scott Swearinger Open 57    
Jeff Harper Int/Rec/AmMstr 61 55 116
Marc Haerling Int/Rec/AmMstr 56 62 118
Toni Sunseri Int/Rec/AmMstr 60 61 121
Robert Voss Int/Rec/AmMstr 60 61 121
Eric O'Brien Int/Rec/AmMstr 62 61 123
Aaron Sanderlin Int/Rec/AmMstr 58 66 124
Cameron Laird Int/Rec/AmMstr 67 68 135
Michael Spivey Int/Rec/AmMstr 70 68 138
Chris Singer Int/Rec/AmMstr 60    
Tom Inglis Int/Rec/AmMstr 61    
Ross Lockhart Int/Rec/AmMstr 63    
Sean Sellers Int/Rec/AmMstr 63    
Scott Austin Int/Rec/AmMstr 66    
Dan Rickli Int/Rec/AmMstr 66    
Chris Hohman Int/Rec/AmMstr 67    
Tim Geoghegan Int/Rec/AmMstr 68    
Toby Wilcox Int/Rec/AmMstr 69    
Trevor Spangle Int/Rec/AmMstr 70    
David Crayk Int/Rec/AmMstr 70    
Brian Baker Int/Rec/AmMstr 71    
Alex Peters Int/Rec/AmMstr 73    
Kim Halsey >60+W 57 62 119
Ron Lee >60+W 56    
Bob Burton >60+W 57    
Bryce Downey >60+W 59    
Bear Judge >60+W 65    
Karen Rasmussen >60+W 67    
One group of 5 players decided to play Wolf and are not listed above
John Buford no round scores Wolf    
Casey Lohrman no round scores Wolf
Lonnie Drouhard no round scores Wolf
Nate Dickey no round scores Wolf
Dave Lytle no round scores Wolf






61 - 80 of 2255