Date   

Re: New Stock Disc Order

Bill Gaskill
 

and by $&#@?$, I mean "fucking".

ok...one two many lagunitas "little sumpin'.  jesus, 8.8 % ; you all know what a lightweight I am....

On Sep 30, 2012 9:47 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

you rock dave!

thanks for keeping us in plastic.

I've got about $100 in club plastic coming...feels like @#$&% christmas!

billy

On Sep 30, 2012 9:43 PM, "David" <kmc31fly@...> wrote:
 

Arrived on Friday and will be at the Club meeting. Proto first run stamped Champion Dominators and Blizzard Dominators, Grippy Star Destroyers (5 sold already), Star Sidewinders, Star Teebirds, Pumpkin 2012 Rocs & Aviars, KC Rocs, JK Aviars, Yeti Aviars and ...

David
ps Dominator is a speed 13 disc between a Katana and a Boss on the stability chart, sounds like a faster Destroyer to me.


Re: New Stock Disc Order

Bill Gaskill
 

you rock dave!

thanks for keeping us in plastic.

I've got about $100 in club plastic coming...feels like @#$&% christmas!

billy

On Sep 30, 2012 9:43 PM, "David" <kmc31fly@...> wrote:
 

Arrived on Friday and will be at the Club meeting. Proto first run stamped Champion Dominators and Blizzard Dominators, Grippy Star Destroyers (5 sold already), Star Sidewinders, Star Teebirds, Pumpkin 2012 Rocs & Aviars, KC Rocs, JK Aviars, Yeti Aviars and ...

David
ps Dominator is a speed 13 disc between a Katana and a Boss on the stability chart, sounds like a faster Destroyer to me.


New Stock Disc Order

David <kmc31fly@...>
 

Arrived on Friday and will be at the Club meeting. Proto first run stamped Champion Dominators and Blizzard Dominators, Grippy Star Destroyers (5 sold already), Star Sidewinders, Star Teebirds, Pumpkin 2012 Rocs & Aviars, KC Rocs, JK Aviars, Yeti Aviars and ...

David
ps Dominator is a speed 13 disc between a Katana and a Boss on the stability chart, sounds like a faster Destroyer to me.


Willamette Open X discs

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>
 

Anybody know what discs were offered for W.O. X with 'lil Sam's picture on it?

The one I'm having trouble ID'ing has one of the wide rims, but it's rather shallow in sculpting. So I think it's less stable, but not Sidewinder like.

Any and all insights welcome.

JohnR


Re: Adair hole #5 power lines

Bill Gaskill
 

get on that, woulda karl?

On Sep 28, 2012 11:25 PM, "Andrew Downey" <a.deazy@...> wrote:
 

What's the story behind the power lines on hole #5? Maybe I just haven't noticed them there before but they seem to be hanging unusually low to the ground. The last two times I've driven on that hole they have gotten in the way, never has been been a problem before, or I just need to figure out how to throw a proper roller... Check them out and see if they are in fact lower than normal.

Andrew D.


WDGC Monthly Club Meeting, 10/1/2012, 7:00 pm

wdgc@...
 

Reminder from:   wdgc Yahoo! Group
 
Title:   WDGC Monthly Club Meeting
 
Date:   Monday October 1, 2012
Time:   7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location:   Woodstock's Pizza on Kings Blvd in Corvallis
Notes:   Everyone welcome, club members or not. Usually meet in the "back room." Meeting time is 6pm during the winter, 7pm during the spring/summer/fall (after Daylight Savings Time change).
 
Copyright © 2012  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy


Work parties to install Newport course

Cliff Towne
 


Hey Folks,

Got this from the Newport crew - thought I would share it.  I can't be in the area to help on Oct. 6th and 7th :(

But maybe some of you guys can hit the coast for a brew and some disc golf course construction!

Cliff

Local Area Announcement: October 6th and 7th we will be having work party to instal the Innova Baskets and finish the remaing 5 tee boxes. Anyone willing to participate we are asking you to bring in-kind,: shovels, weed trimmers, machetes, chain saws, wheel barrels, fuel for machines that you use, and rakes. What you bring others may use to help construct the course if you choose or wield your own if you like. Don't forget to wear hardy clothing and have a pair of gloves. The site is off HWY 101 1/2 mile South of the Newport Bay bridge. Heading South on 101 after bridge go 1/2 mile to a left on 40th street which become Harbarton St. and follow for 1 mile. Meeting at Harbarton st. and College Way at 8 am both days and work party until 2 pm each day. Thank you and any questions contact by text or call Stephen Burdick 5038120672 or Alma Baxter 5038122016


Adair hole #5 power lines

Andrew Downey
 

What's the story behind the power lines on hole #5? Maybe I just haven't noticed them there before but they seem to be hanging unusually low to the ground. The last two times I've driven on that hole they have gotten in the way, never has been been a problem before, or I just need to figure out how to throw a proper roller... Check them out and see if they are in fact lower than normal.

Andrew D.


Re: Club officer nominations

 

Greg wrote...
I guess I will miss the President's Cup this year.  Must fit the
President's Schedule.
 
My schedule is football first for the fall.  Dec 1st is also Sierra's birthday.
Good to know that football comes before Sierra's birthday... :-)

I hadn't even thought to check OSU home game schedule. Sigh. You
football nuts are nuts.

Well, with that in mind, perhaps I'd best push the President's Cup a
week to Dec 8th. Guaranteed to either freeze our asses (like last year)
or half-drown us, but disc golfers are tough. Right? Right, Kelly?

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: Letter to Corvallis Parks and Responses [2 Attachments]

Greg Johnson
 

I think there is room for more than one club member to be engaged with parks for various matters.  Tournament Directors have responsibility for making arrangements with parks for Special Use Permits and facilities reservations in association with the events they are planning.  I think Jay agreed to continue Parks Liason duties as Everett assumed the Presidency.  He was unusually busy for through the main disc golf season.
 
We need operational connections to arrange materials, work parties, etc.  Both Greg A and John R have lead efforts this year and the course was in pretty good shape for the Willamette Open.  Many of us neglect or avoid Willamette for various reasons and preferences.  Both Greg and John care about and look after Willamette in their own ways.  The way to have greater influence is to get directly involved, ideally working together.
 
The referenced Agreement is in it's 4th year.  Jay worked out the original agreement and I was involved in reviewing it.  It was discussed quite a bit at club meetings at the time.  The agreement calls for the club to pay $204 per year plus a similar in kind contribution which we easily exceed every year.  We have paid this fee later each year.  The Agreement is also what calls for our insurance coverage.  It also allows us to not have to pay the $120 concessions fee charged for each event.  Since we had not yet paid the $204 or updated the Agreement, Nate was charged the $120 for the Willamette Open.  We are trying to get that $120 fee applied to the $204.
 
I think signage should be a priority at Willamette.  However if we have an opportunity to make significant changes, e.g. expanding into the Kendall Farms area, maybe we should push the changes before investing in new signage.
 
Best regards,
 
Greg J


--- On Thu, 9/27/12, John W. Ross wrote:

From: John W. Ross
Subject: [wdgc] Letter to Corvallis Parks and Responses [2 Attachments]
To: wdgc@...
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 2:16 PM

 
I sent my letter to Parks as intended on Friday the 21st.

I'll attach a copy of it here along with a PDF of the Final Council Recommendations. I'll also post text of the exchanges
(emphases provided) that have occurred so far, starting with Councilor Richard Hervey .

I'll attach my observations and comments after.

--------

 

Good Afternoon,

 

 You may have noticed this email to me from John Ross on my City email.  John has expressed his concerns to me verbally and I asked that he put them in writing so that I could forward them to staff.  As Stephen and Karen are probably aware, John is one of several home grown national champions in disc golf.  We even have one who makes part of his living from sponsorships and giving lessons!  I’ll follow this up in a minute with a second reference email that John supplied.

 

I also note that Greg Alpert, who I believe serves as the disc golf club’s liaison to Parks and Rec also called me recently.  While he didn’t say it directly, I think he was concerned that John might say something that would damage the good relationship between the club and Parks and Rec.

 

Speaking as their City Councilor and a very novice disc golf player and thus a person who benefits directly both from Parks and Rec’s efforts and those of the disc golf club, and especially John Ross, who I see frequently doing maintenance on the course, I appreciate all of your efforts.  And I look forward to continued coordination and good relations.

 

Richard

 

-0-

 

Hi Richard,

 

Thanks for forwarding John’s letter of concern to me.  It’s especially helpful as I thought Parks and Recreation had a very strong partnership with the Disc Golf Club.  Jay Sexton is the club’s representative per the agreement.  Staff will review the recommendations from the original management plan and summarize what has been implemented. Staff is midway in the review our current agreement with the club and I’ll follow up with you with my findings.

 

Karen Emery, Director

Corvallis Parks and Recreation

My notes and comments:

 

1. Richard’s letter sounds supportive of the game, shows some exposure to it, understood the concern behind Greg’s call and supports “continued coordination and good relations. I read that as supporting my basic request for better collaboration and inclusion.

 

2. Parks hasn’t met with the club president/representative for quite a while—at least since Everett became president and liaison.

 

3. The request is especially timely since the club/Parks agreement is under review. Karen Emery thinks everything is hunky dory between Parks and the Disc golf community or the club at least.

 

4. I do not know what’s in the agreement she mentions, when it was reached and how often and how recently it’s been revisited or with whom.

 

I would certainly like to know.

 

Even more immediately, I would like to know if the club supports improved coordination and cooperation between us and them. If club members are in stead satisfied with the current state of affairs, relationship and status of the course, I should hear that. I’ll do a club survey to sort that out.

 

Personally, I would like to see something of a complete makeover of the course, including upgrades of holes to add distance and improve challenges through more pin placements and tee pad repairs and relocations. This assumes Parks climbs fully on board and opens to thinking and looking outside of the box.

 

Hopefully, members can come prepared to Monday’s meeting to share aspirations and brainstorm a bit on what we would like to see happen at the Willamette Course.

 

Jay has e-mailed me that money will be their big issue. I believe, however, the club can do much of the upgrading and perhaps underwrite any expenses if we can have two or three fundraising events at Willamette. That’s how the course got started and how most courses become a reality.

 

As I mentioned at the last meeting, Willamette Graystone is open to an in-kind contribution of pavers. Other local business should be willing to contribute trees and shrubs, soil, lumber, concrete, tractor time or whatever else might be needed.

 

Think about these things and prepare to respond.

 

Thanks and cheers,

 JohnR


Re: Club officer nominations

Greg Johnson
 

I accept the nomination to continue as Treasurer.
 
I guess I will miss the President's Cup this year.  Must fit the President's Schedule.
 
My schedule is football first for the fall.  Dec 1st is also Sierra's birthday.
 
Dr. Bob is only available 1/2 the year so even if he is still willing to help in the Secretary capacity he needs a partner.
 
Greg J


--- On Thu, 9/27/12, Eric Smith wrote:

From: Eric Smith
Subject: Re: [wdgc] Club officer nominations
To: "wdgc@..."
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2012, 4:33 PM

 
I second the nomination of Greg Johnson as treasurer. 

Eric Smith Construction & 
Home Inspections
(541) 740-9535
CCB#76318 

On Sep 27, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:

 
John wrote...
> WDGC by laws have us nominating club officers at the October meeting,
> Monday.

> Current President Everett has said and often repeated he is moving
> on--shipping out.

John is correct on both points. Current officers and appointees,
be thinking about whether you wish to continue in your current office
or not (I will not...). For those offices that are going to be
vacated (such as mine) be thinking about whether YOU would like to be
in that office and, if not, who you would LIKE to be in that office.
In the latter case, it's a good idea to approach that person BEFORE
nominating them at the meeting, to see if they have ANY interest (and
especially WILLINGNESS) to do so.

My guess is that Greg Johnson will continue as Treasurer, although I
can't speak for him. Neither Nate nor Greg have indicated any imminent
intention of leaving their appointments, but who knows? I haven't
conversed with Dr. Bob recently, so have no idea what his feelings
are regarding continuing as Secretary. Of course, ANY position can
be voted on, if someone wishes to run against an incumbent.

Whatever the case, it IS time to be thinking about the coming year,
both in terms of officers and in terms of goals for the coming year.

The October meeting is this coming Monday, October 1st, 7:00pm. This
will be the last meeting of this year at 7:00pm, the meeting time will
change back to 6:00pm in November.

I'm currently thinking that the 2012 President's Cup will be Saturday,
Dec 1. I wanted to do it in November this year, but the Hope Open is
Saturday Oct 27 (one week before Nov 3, the only weekend in November
that works for me and isn't before or after the week of Thanksgiving).
So, it's either have the Hope Open and President's Cup on back to back
Saturday's, or push the Cup to the 1st of December. It will be at
Adair, the course layout is still in flux but I hope to have it pretty
well set by Monday's meeting.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: Club officer nominations

Eric Smith
 

I second the nomination of Greg Johnson as treasurer. 

Eric Smith Construction & 
Home Inspections
(541) 740-9535
CCB#76318 

On Sep 27, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:

 

John wrote...
> WDGC by laws have us nominating club officers at the October meeting,
> Monday.

> Current President Everett has said and often repeated he is moving
> on--shipping out.

John is correct on both points. Current officers and appointees,
be thinking about whether you wish to continue in your current office
or not (I will not...). For those offices that are going to be
vacated (such as mine) be thinking about whether YOU would like to be
in that office and, if not, who you would LIKE to be in that office.
In the latter case, it's a good idea to approach that person BEFORE
nominating them at the meeting, to see if they have ANY interest (and
especially WILLINGNESS) to do so.

My guess is that Greg Johnson will continue as Treasurer, although I
can't speak for him. Neither Nate nor Greg have indicated any imminent
intention of leaving their appointments, but who knows? I haven't
conversed with Dr. Bob recently, so have no idea what his feelings
are regarding continuing as Secretary. Of course, ANY position can
be voted on, if someone wishes to run against an incumbent.

Whatever the case, it IS time to be thinking about the coming year,
both in terms of officers and in terms of goals for the coming year.

The October meeting is this coming Monday, October 1st, 7:00pm. This
will be the last meeting of this year at 7:00pm, the meeting time will
change back to 6:00pm in November.

I'm currently thinking that the 2012 President's Cup will be Saturday,
Dec 1. I wanted to do it in November this year, but the Hope Open is
Saturday Oct 27 (one week before Nov 3, the only weekend in November
that works for me and isn't before or after the week of Thanksgiving).
So, it's either have the Hope Open and President's Cup on back to back
Saturday's, or push the Cup to the 1st of December. It will be at
Adair, the course layout is still in flux but I hope to have it pretty
well set by Monday's meeting.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: Club officer nominations

 

John wrote...
WDGC by laws have us nominating club officers at the October meeting,
Monday.
Current President Everett has said and often repeated he is moving
on--shipping out.
John is correct on both points. Current officers and appointees,
be thinking about whether you wish to continue in your current office
or not (I will not...). For those offices that are going to be
vacated (such as mine) be thinking about whether YOU would like to be
in that office and, if not, who you would LIKE to be in that office.
In the latter case, it's a good idea to approach that person BEFORE
nominating them at the meeting, to see if they have ANY interest (and
especially WILLINGNESS) to do so.

My guess is that Greg Johnson will continue as Treasurer, although I
can't speak for him. Neither Nate nor Greg have indicated any imminent
intention of leaving their appointments, but who knows? I haven't
conversed with Dr. Bob recently, so have no idea what his feelings
are regarding continuing as Secretary. Of course, ANY position can
be voted on, if someone wishes to run against an incumbent.

Whatever the case, it IS time to be thinking about the coming year,
both in terms of officers and in terms of goals for the coming year.

The October meeting is this coming Monday, October 1st, 7:00pm. This
will be the last meeting of this year at 7:00pm, the meeting time will
change back to 6:00pm in November.

I'm currently thinking that the 2012 President's Cup will be Saturday,
Dec 1. I wanted to do it in November this year, but the Hope Open is
Saturday Oct 27 (one week before Nov 3, the only weekend in November
that works for me and isn't before or after the week of Thanksgiving).
So, it's either have the Hope Open and President's Cup on back to back
Saturday's, or push the Cup to the 1st of December. It will be at
Adair, the course layout is still in flux but I hope to have it pretty
well set by Monday's meeting.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Club officer nominations

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>
 

WDGC by laws have us nominating club officers at the October meeting, Monday.

It's usually been a fairly spontaneous, casual flagellating of whoever might be willing to stand.

Current President Everett has said and often repeated he is moving on--shipping out.

I personally hope we have five or six candidates willing to step forward for 2013. Maybe they could throw a little money, plastic or beverages around.

But what I would really like to see is some thought going into where people want the club to go--at least a commitment to some kind of vision and the goals, strategies for achieving them and concrete actions or milestones prioritized for importance, magnitude or achievability--perhaps like the "quick wins" from the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition's process.

A lot of famous people, starting with Lewis Carrol of Alice in Wonderland, cautioned that "If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."

Yogi Berra paraphrased: "You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."

Everett Kaser's conclusion was "You're not going anywhere," as of our last meeting over installing new sleeve 8 at Willamette.

Goals might include:
  • Membership targets;
  • Cash reserves;
  • Course improvements;
  • Volunteer participation;
  • Totally new events;
  • Social gatherings;
  • New course (especially at OSU);
  • Team golf competition;
  • Clinics;
  • Whatever else makes us happy golfers.
The more ambitious the better--something to aim for.

More on everything later.

JohnR


Letter to Corvallis Parks and Responses

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>
 

I sent my letter to Parks as intended on Friday the 21st.

I'll attach a copy of it here along with a PDF of the Final Council Recommendations. I'll also post text of the exchanges
(emphases provided) that have occurred so far, starting with Councilor Richard Hervey .

I'll attach my observations and comments after.

--------

 

Good Afternoon,

 

 You may have noticed this email to me from John Ross on my City email.  John has expressed his concerns to me verbally and I asked that he put them in writing so that I could forward them to staff.  As Stephen and Karen are probably aware, John is one of several home grown national champions in disc golf.  We even have one who makes part of his living from sponsorships and giving lessons!  I’ll follow this up in a minute with a second reference email that John supplied.

 

I also note that Greg Alpert, who I believe serves as the disc golf club’s liaison to Parks and Rec also called me recently.  While he didn’t say it directly, I think he was concerned that John might say something that would damage the good relationship between the club and Parks and Rec.

 

Speaking as their City Councilor and a very novice disc golf player and thus a person who benefits directly both from Parks and Rec’s efforts and those of the disc golf club, and especially John Ross, who I see frequently doing maintenance on the course, I appreciate all of your efforts.  And I look forward to continued coordination and good relations.

 

Richard

 

-0-

 

Hi Richard,

 

Thanks for forwarding John’s letter of concern to me.  It’s especially helpful as I thought Parks and Recreation had a very strong partnership with the Disc Golf Club.  Jay Sexton is the club’s representative per the agreement.  Staff will review the recommendations from the original management plan and summarize what has been implemented. Staff is midway in the review our current agreement with the club and I’ll follow up with you with my findings.

 

Karen Emery, Director

Corvallis Parks and Recreation



My notes and comments:

 

1. Richard’s letter sounds supportive of the game, shows some exposure to it, understood the concern behind Greg’s call and supports “continued coordination and good relations. I read that as supporting my basic request for better collaboration and inclusion.

 

2. Parks hasn’t met with the club president/representative for quite a while—at least since Everett became president and liaison.

 

3. The request is especially timely since the club/Parks agreement is under review. Karen Emery thinks everything is hunky dory between Parks and the Disc golf community or the club at least.

 

4. I do not know what’s in the agreement she mentions, when it was reached and how often and how recently it’s been revisited or with whom.

 

I would certainly like to know.

 

Even more immediately, I would like to know if the club supports improved coordination and cooperation between us and them. If club members are in stead satisfied with the current state of affairs, relationship and status of the course, I should hear that. I’ll do a club survey to sort that out.

 

Personally, I would like to see something of a complete makeover of the course, including upgrades of holes to add distance and improve challenges through more pin placements and tee pad repairs and relocations. This assumes Parks climbs fully on board and opens to thinking and looking outside of the box.

 

Hopefully, members can come prepared to Monday’s meeting to share aspirations and brainstorm a bit on what we would like to see happen at the Willamette Course.

 

Jay has e-mailed me that money will be their big issue. I believe, however, the club can do much of the upgrading and perhaps underwrite any expenses if we can have two or three fundraising events at Willamette. That’s how the course got started and how most courses become a reality.

 

As I mentioned at the last meeting, Willamette Graystone is open to an in-kind contribution of pavers. Other local business should be willing to contribute trees and shrubs, soil, lumber, concrete, tractor time or whatever else might be needed.

 

Think about these things and prepare to respond.

 

Thanks and cheers,

 

JohnR


Re: Course closed sign & items

Greg Johnson
 

I have been keeping that ugly old sign stashed in my townhouse garage at  2641 NW Ginseng Place.  You can drop it off there along with the other materials you don't want to truck around.  

While the #1 toe box could use some smashing.  The way the other extensions are filled seems pretty good.  The vertically placed bricks filled with gravel seem like they should hold up and help water drain in the wet season.

These are just follow through run off areas not part of the teebox for planting your foot.

Greg J

On Sep 25, 2012, at 10:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:

 

I picked up the blue course closed sign at Willamette yesterday. Where's it belong? I'll bring it to Monday's meeting barring something better.

I've also got 37 of the bricks for toe boxes and six sold concrete 6X12 in bricks that might want to go to Adair or be used at Willamette.

Still not sure how and whether to redo some of our first attempts to brick toe boxes at Willamette. Open to ideas.

I also ended up with a 60 pound bag of Sacrete that can go somewhere, other than the back of my truck. I also need to find a use for a four-foot rod of rebar or someplace to store it until the club comes up with a use.

I thought of using it to secure tee signs at Willamette when I was thinking about using wood sections from a Black Locust.

RSVP at will.

JohnR


Re: Course closed sign & items

Bill Gaskill
 

I have been likened to a large horned beast visiting the shop of a purveyor of fine china...

Does anyone else have thoughts/feelings about Willamette hole #1 tee pad/ concrete toe gnome?

is that biased or leading in any way?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 11:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:
 

You must have forgot, coming up with an idea is the same as volunteering for same.

I'll provide the sledge when you've got the time. But we ought to be able to render the blob.

Still, what do we do with it, applied so lovingly. Maybe we could just teach Billy to walk.

JohnR

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM, doug Ulfers <doug.ulfers@...> wrote:
 

I believe a few deftly applied strokes with a 16# sledge would render the sackcrete/ gravel toe box on hole one at Willamette, pliable.
Doug U



On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
 

admonishing me against using latin, and you're spewing french acronyms....oh the hypocracy!

I think we may need to do something about hole #1.  I tripped on a concrete nubbin in my follow through...pretty sure it's why kc won (that, and the major tissue damage I suffered when he started throwing his discs at me!)

seriously though, I'm not a huge fan of what has become of hole #1.  I suppose it's the most difficult to change too, eh?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 10:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:
 

I picked up the blue course closed sign at Willamette yesterday. Where's it belong? I'll bring it to Monday's meeting barring something better.

I've also got 37 of the bricks for toe boxes and six sold concrete 6X12 in bricks that might want to go to Adair or be used at Willamette.

Still not sure how and whether to redo some of our first attempts to brick toe boxes at Willamette. Open to ideas.

I also ended up with a 60 pound bag of Sacrete that can go somewhere, other than the back of my truck. I also need to find a use for a four-foot rod of rebar or someplace to store it until the club comes up with a use.

I thought of using it to secure tee signs at Willamette when I was thinking about using wood sections from a Black Locust.

RSVP at will.

JohnR




Re: Course closed sign & items

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>
 

You must have forgot, coming up with an idea is the same as volunteering for same.

I'll provide the sledge when you've got the time. But we ought to be able to render the blob.

Still, what do we do with it, applied so lovingly. Maybe we could just teach Billy to walk.

JohnR

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM, doug Ulfers <doug.ulfers@...> wrote:
 

I believe a few deftly applied strokes with a 16# sledge would render the sackcrete/ gravel toe box on hole one at Willamette, pliable.
Doug U



On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
 

admonishing me against using latin, and you're spewing french acronyms....oh the hypocracy!

I think we may need to do something about hole #1.  I tripped on a concrete nubbin in my follow through...pretty sure it's why kc won (that, and the major tissue damage I suffered when he started throwing his discs at me!)

seriously though, I'm not a huge fan of what has become of hole #1.  I suppose it's the most difficult to change too, eh?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 10:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:
 

I picked up the blue course closed sign at Willamette yesterday. Where's it belong? I'll bring it to Monday's meeting barring something better.

I've also got 37 of the bricks for toe boxes and six sold concrete 6X12 in bricks that might want to go to Adair or be used at Willamette.

Still not sure how and whether to redo some of our first attempts to brick toe boxes at Willamette. Open to ideas.

I also ended up with a 60 pound bag of Sacrete that can go somewhere, other than the back of my truck. I also need to find a use for a four-foot rod of rebar or someplace to store it until the club comes up with a use.

I thought of using it to secure tee signs at Willamette when I was thinking about using wood sections from a Black Locust.

RSVP at will.

JohnR




Re: Course closed sign & items

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>
 

Ques que se? Parlez nous?

Vive la France!

And you're referring to the concrete blob at Willamette 1? I think it's doable. We'd have to chip out 120 pounds of concrete, but one chip at a time, or we prize it up and roll it somewhere down the fairway.

We got options.

JohnR

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
 

admonishing me against using latin, and you're spewing french acronyms....oh the hypocracy!

I think we may need to do something about hole #1.  I tripped on a concrete nubbin in my follow through...pretty sure it's why kc won (that, and the major tissue damage I suffered when he started throwing his discs at me!)

seriously though, I'm not a huge fan of what has become of hole #1.  I suppose it's the most difficult to change too, eh?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 10:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:
 

I picked up the blue course closed sign at Willamette yesterday. Where's it belong? I'll bring it to Monday's meeting barring something better.

I've also got 37 of the bricks for toe boxes and six sold concrete 6X12 in bricks that might want to go to Adair or be used at Willamette.

Still not sure how and whether to redo some of our first attempts to brick toe boxes at Willamette. Open to ideas.

I also ended up with a 60 pound bag of Sacrete that can go somewhere, other than the back of my truck. I also need to find a use for a four-foot rod of rebar or someplace to store it until the club comes up with a use.

I thought of using it to secure tee signs at Willamette when I was thinking about using wood sections from a Black Locust.

RSVP at will.

JohnR



Re: Course closed sign & items

Doug Ulfers
 

I believe a few deftly applied strokes with a 16# sledge would render the sackcrete/ gravel toe box on hole one at Willamette, pliable.
Doug U


On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 AM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
 

admonishing me against using latin, and you're spewing french acronyms....oh the hypocracy!

I think we may need to do something about hole #1.  I tripped on a concrete nubbin in my follow through...pretty sure it's why kc won (that, and the major tissue damage I suffered when he started throwing his discs at me!)

seriously though, I'm not a huge fan of what has become of hole #1.  I suppose it's the most difficult to change too, eh?

billy

On Sep 25, 2012 10:28 AM, "John W. Ross" <johnr414@...> wrote:
 

I picked up the blue course closed sign at Willamette yesterday. Where's it belong? I'll bring it to Monday's meeting barring something better.

I've also got 37 of the bricks for toe boxes and six sold concrete 6X12 in bricks that might want to go to Adair or be used at Willamette.

Still not sure how and whether to redo some of our first attempts to brick toe boxes at Willamette. Open to ideas.

I also ended up with a 60 pound bag of Sacrete that can go somewhere, other than the back of my truck. I also need to find a use for a four-foot rod of rebar or someplace to store it until the club comes up with a use.

I thought of using it to secure tee signs at Willamette when I was thinking about using wood sections from a Black Locust.

RSVP at will.

JohnR


1961 - 1980 of 2265