Date   

Re: President's Cup help

Nathan Sexton
 

I will play and will bring everything in the morning.


On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
 

Nate said...
> I have a basket and a box of clipboards!! I will bring them wherever you
> command Mr. President!

Cool! Those are the clipboards that Greg usually has? Or are these
others? Are you playing in the President's Cup? If so, you could
just bring the basket and clipboards the morning-of. Otherwise, I'll
arrange to get them from you ahead of time.

Thanks!

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================



Re: President's Cup help

 

Jay wrote...
We can bring a portable DGA Mach 2.5 to the event.
Thanks, Jay! That's two down, one to go...

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: President's Cup help

 

Nate said...
I have a basket and a box of clipboards!! I will bring them wherever you
command Mr. President!
Cool! Those are the clipboards that Greg usually has? Or are these
others? Are you playing in the President's Cup? If so, you could
just bring the basket and clipboards the morning-of. Otherwise, I'll
arrange to get them from you ahead of time.

Thanks!

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: President's Cup help

Jay Sexton
 

Everett,

We can bring a portable DGA Mach 2.5 to the event.

Jay


Re: President's Cup help

Nathan Sexton
 

I have a basket and a box of clipboards!! I will bring them wherever you command Mr. President!
  Nate

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
EVERYONE: We're 2 1/2 weeks away from the President's Cup and two
people have told me they're coming (besides myself), so it should be
a runaway success again this year!

I need:
  3 baskets
  1 or 2 "pop-up awnings" (in case of rain, as tournament-central
     will be by #1 tee parking lot)

If you can bring any of the above, please let me know!

GREG JOHNSON: Can you move the temp tee-pads out in front of your
townhouse and let me know when you do so I can come and pick them up?
Also, I'll need to get the folding scoreboard, clipboards, and
(hopefully) score cards and pencils.  Maybe you could bring any of
the latter to the Dec 3 meeting?

DAVID PITTMAN: Are you going to be at the Cup?  If not, I'm going to
need to get info from you on payouts and get script stuff from you.
(I'm hoping you'll be there... :-)))

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software  Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA                     http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wdgc/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wdgc/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    wdgc-digest@...
    wdgc-fullfeatured@...

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    wdgc-unsubscribe@...

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Re: President's Cup help

Eric Smith
 

I'll be there :-) you know how we are. ;-)

Eric Smith Construction &
Home Inspections
(541) 740-9535
CCB#76318

On Nov 21, 2012, at 11:20 AM, Everett Kaser <everett@kaser.com> wrote:

EVERYONE: We're 2 1/2 weeks away from the President's Cup and two
people have told me they're coming (besides myself), so it should be
a runaway success again this year!

I need:
3 baskets
1 or 2 "pop-up awnings" (in case of rain, as tournament-central
will be by #1 tee parking lot)

If you can bring any of the above, please let me know!

GREG JOHNSON: Can you move the temp tee-pads out in front of your
townhouse and let me know when you do so I can come and pick them up?
Also, I'll need to get the folding scoreboard, clipboards, and
(hopefully) score cards and pencils. Maybe you could bring any of
the latter to the Dec 3 meeting?

DAVID PITTMAN: Are you going to be at the Cup? If not, I'm going to
need to get info from you on payouts and get script stuff from you.
(I'm hoping you'll be there... :-)))

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================



------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links



President's Cup help

 

EVERYONE: We're 2 1/2 weeks away from the President's Cup and two
people have told me they're coming (besides myself), so it should be
a runaway success again this year!

I need:
3 baskets
1 or 2 "pop-up awnings" (in case of rain, as tournament-central
will be by #1 tee parking lot)

If you can bring any of the above, please let me know!

GREG JOHNSON: Can you move the temp tee-pads out in front of your
townhouse and let me know when you do so I can come and pick them up?
Also, I'll need to get the folding scoreboard, clipboards, and
(hopefully) score cards and pencils. Maybe you could bring any of
the latter to the Dec 3 meeting?

DAVID PITTMAN: Are you going to be at the Cup? If not, I'm going to
need to get info from you on payouts and get script stuff from you.
(I'm hoping you'll be there... :-)))

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: Hole 1 at Willamette

kineticbagel <kineticbagel@...>
 

There has been a rebar marker, not as deep as the other placement, with a "flag" on it.
The conversations I've had lead me to to believe that most folks would prefer not to have the deep location. If it was only going to be used for tourny's, then a portable could be used instead...
Let's vote on it at the next meeting.
G


Re: Hole 1 at Willamette

Eric Smith
 

It isn’t that far.

 

Greg, is there a flag in the ground?

 

From: wdgc@... [mailto:wdgc@...] On Behalf Of Greg Johnson
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:08 PM
To: wdgc@...
Subject: Re: [wdgc] Hole 1 at Willamette

 

 

Is the long placement the long ago abandoned anchor of the original hole 2?

 

I doubt we would use it much because it messes up the flow to hole 2.  If we are allowed to use it we might as well include it on the sign.

 

GJ

--- On Tue, 11/20/12, kineticbagel <kineticbagel@...> wrote:


From: kineticbagel <kineticbagel@...>
Subject: [wdgc] Hole 1 at Willamette
To: wdgc@...
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 12:12 PM

 

As we move forward with the tee signs, do we want to add the long placement on hole 1?
It's 634' where it sits now.
What say you?
G


Re: Hole 1 at Willamette

Mike Gibson
 

Bout time you got your butt out to Willamette.


--- On Tue, 11/20/12, Greg Johnson wrote:

From: Greg Johnson <discgolfgreg@...>
Subject: Re: [wdgc] Hole 1 at Willamette
To: wdgc@...
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 10:07 PM

 

Is the long placement the long ago abandoned anchor of the original hole 2?
 
I doubt we would use it much because it messes up the flow to hole 2.  If we are allowed to use it we might as well include it on the sign.
 
GJ

--- On Tue, 11/20/12, kineticbagel wrote:

From: kineticbagel
Subject: [wdgc] Hole 1 at Willamette
To: wdgc@...
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 12:12 PM

 
As we move forward with the tee signs, do we want to add the long placement on hole 1?
It's 634' where it sits now.
What say you?
G


Re: Hole 1 at Willamette

Greg Johnson
 

Is the long placement the long ago abandoned anchor of the original hole 2?
 
I doubt we would use it much because it messes up the flow to hole 2.  If we are allowed to use it we might as well include it on the sign.
 
GJ


--- On Tue, 11/20/12, kineticbagel wrote:

From: kineticbagel
Subject: [wdgc] Hole 1 at Willamette
To: wdgc@...
Date: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 12:12 PM

 
As we move forward with the tee signs, do we want to add the long placement on hole 1?
It's 634' where it sits now.
What say you?
G


Hole 1 at Willamette

kineticbagel <kineticbagel@...>
 

As we move forward with the tee signs, do we want to add the long placement on hole 1?
It's 634' where it sits now.
What say you?
G


Re: Kelly's Lame Comment RE: Tee sponsors

Doug Ulfers
 

Mike G.     Don't look like there's room in the budget for bronze or marble...Looks like we're gonna have to go with the Styrofoam Statues...
Doug   Might have to have a patch over one eye!!


On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 2:19 PM, mike gibson <disharoonone@...> wrote:
 


I don't have a contact, but how about Jimmy John's sandwiches and Cheba Hut.
Mike
--- On Mon, 11/12/12, Eric Smith <inspectorsmith@...> wrote:

From: Eric Smith <inspectorsmith@...>
Subject: RE: [wdgc] Tee sponsors
To: wdgc@...
Date: Monday, November 12, 2012, 1:49 PM

 

You might check with Uprise on Van Buren across from Walt’s.

 

From: wdgc@... [mailto:wdgc@...] On Behalf Of kineticbagel
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 1:38 PM
To: wdgc@...
Subject: [wdgc] Tee sponsors

 

 

Hi all,
It's time to identify potential sponsors for Willamette tee signs. If you think you know of a business that might like to get some great exposure, please send me an email with a contact name and number.
I already have info for Coop, Calapooia, Play It Again, Squirrels, City Barber, Big 5, Corvallis Rental, Happy Trails, Coffee Culture, Murphy's Tavern, and WDGC. Should we sponsor a sign?
The 1 year sponsorship will be $100. An 8"x11" sign on a first come first served basis concerning which hole they might want.
Send contact info to
kineticbagel@...
Play on.
G



Re: Kelly's lame comment

Mike Gibson
 

Craig will have a big bag of cash $$$ clutched in one hand and a balloon over his head saying "LEAVE IT!!".


--- On Tue, 11/13/12, Eric Smith wrote:

From: Eric Smith
Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
To: wdgc@...
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 3:03 PM

 

Instead of a sword shouldn’t it be a fist full of cash? ;-)

 

From: wdgc@... [mailto:wdgc@...] On Behalf Of mike gibson
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:17 PM
To: wdgc@...
Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment

 

 

Just off the first tee would be good. And if possible, please include Pete, Spot and Eddie. What would really be nice is if I was throwing a thumber--and holding a sword in my other hand. I'll ask Craig what he wants.

Mike

 

From: evilhatechild <mikestorrs@...>
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 10:04 AM
Subject: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment

 

Sounds good. Should I put your statues uphill?

--- In mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com, mike gibson <disharoonone@...> wrote:
>
> The feast/barbecue will be structured along the lines of something like this: Craig and I ($1,000 donor club) will be seated on thrones, dining on prawns, steaks from grass fed steers (fed by hand and massaged daily), locally grown vegetables, sipping single grain 12 year old whiskey and powering down Calepooia's finest brews down our faceholes,  etc.etc. Perhaps the club members will come up with some kind of awards for us--cars, trips, Kruggerands--or perhaps Mike Storrs will dedicate his Handicap league to start up a statue fund to honor us.
> The next circle--seated on cafeteria chairs, will have their fill of big old Papa's pizza's, mac and cheese, tater tots, and PBR's.
> The outer circle, consisting of those who bragged about only showing up a few times throughout the years will sit on benches, just outside the tent--maybe under the dripline--and well--I'm thinking  maybe some kind of tofu casserole and a 40 to plug up your pieholes.
> Mike
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...>
> To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:39 PM
> Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
>
>  
> I've been here 4 years now, and this bbq was legendary when I showed up.  it's going to have to kick some serious a$$ to live up to the hype!
> I'm expecting large quantities of hot, dripping, slow roasted meats pulled out of multiple selective tree harvest fed fires and crammed into my face hole, washed down with gallons of delicious  locally hopped beers.
> lets do this thing.
> billy
> On Nov 8, 2012 8:03 PM, "mike gibson" <disharoonone@...> wrote:
>  
> >Consider it a tradition!
> >
> >--- On Thu, 11/8/12, Eric Smith <inspectorsmith@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>From: Eric Smith <inspectorsmith@...>
> >>Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
> >>To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>Date: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 7:37 PM
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> >>I remember when I was just a kid starting to play disc golf and hearing tales of a doubles BBQ.
> >> 
> >>Those were simple times and there was a BBQ promised almost every meeting.
> >> 
> >>From:mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nathan Sexton
> >>Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:53 PM
> >>To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
> >> 
> >> 
> >>Dana should sit at the head of the table, all the money he put in back in 2005 and 06 must have accrued a ton of interest by now in the secret account Mike and Craig are holding it in!
> >>  Nate
> >>On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Dana Lawton <http://mc/compose?to=danalawton1@...> wrote:
> >> 
> >>Yes Mike the plan was to, if excess funds were generated, use them towards a BBQ.  I left in 07 and well before I left the BBQ plan was bandied about.  I only ask that I am invited to partake.
> >> 
> >>Dana
> >>
> >>
> >>On Nov 8, 2012, at 2:01 PM, "evilhatechild" <http://mc/compose?to=mikestorrs@...> wrote:
> >> 
> >>>If I remember right the doubles BBQ goes back to before my son was born (he is 7.5 now) and Kelly was playing a lot of doubles back then. His money is in the pot. But maybe I missed that Craig was tongue in cheek. Sometimes I have a hard time reading sarcasm.
> >>>
> >>>Mike Storrs
> >>>
> >>>--- In http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com, "Christiansen, Kelly" <http://mc/compose?to=Kelly.Christiansen@> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> I withdraw my lame comment due to Craig’s unbelievable retort. My apologies.
> >>>>
> >>>> kc
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> From: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Craig Banner
> >>>> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 1:24 PM
> >>>> To: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>>> Subject: [wdgc] RE: Kelly's lame comment
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Well of course Kelly a free meal for you (you might bless us with your presence) and absolutely no support of Doubles, I'll buy that!!! I think your comment is indicative of the thought that many are putting into the future of the club.
> >>>>
> >>>> CB
> >>>>
> >>>> --- On Mon, 11/5/12, Christiansen, Kelly <Kelly.Christiansen@>> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> From: Christiansen, Kelly <
Kelly.Christiansen@>>
> >>>> Subject: RE: [wdgc] 2013 Priorities VOTE
> >>>> To: "
http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.comhttp://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com>" <http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.comhttp://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com>>
> >>>> Date: Monday, November 5, 2012, 12:46 PM
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> I think another priority we could vote on should be the mythical doubles BBQ. Maybe Mike can get Billy to organize it.
> >>>>
> >>>> (I would have saved this for the meeting, but Everett has put a gag order on me)
> >>>>
> >>>> -----Original Message-----
> >>>> From: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Everett Kaser
> >>>> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 8:01 AM
> >>>> To: WDGC
> >>>> Subject: [wdgc] 2013 Priorities VOTE
> >>>>
> >>>> Here's the current 'ballot' that I'll be bringing to tonight's meeting
> >>>> for folks to vote on for 2013 priorities. If you have additions you
> >>>> like to add to it, best get them to me soon. Voting on this item
> >>>> will commence today (by email), tonight (at the meeting), and over the
> >>>> next week (by email). You may note that I've changed, from my earlier
> >>>> posting, the number of votes available to each member (from 3 to 5),
> >>>> and also added the ability for you to assign more than one of your
> >>>> votes to the same item (if you feel strongly about it).
> >>>>
> >>>> Everett
> >>>>
> >>>> ======================================================================
> >>>> Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
> >>>> PO Box 403
> >>>> Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
> >>>> USA http://www.kaser.com/
> >>>> ======================================================================
> >>>>
> >>>> 2013 WDGC Club Priorities Vote MEMBER'S NAME__________________________
> >>>>
> >>>> Each club member has FIVE votes they may allocate as they wish. You
> >>>> may vote for 5 separate items or place all 5 of your votes on a single
> >>>> item or split your 5 votes in some other fashion between any number
> >>>> of items from 1 to 5. You may, of course, WRITE IN your own priority
> >>>> not on this list and assign to it however many of your 5 votes you wish.
> >>>> Just be aware that write-ins are unlikely to accumulate enough votes
> >>>> unless a secret cabal schemes to all write in the same priority.
> >>>> Write in the blank before each priority the number of your votes you
> >>>> wish to assign to that priority. Any ballot with votes tallying MORE
> >>>> than 5 will not be counted.
> >>>>
> >>>> The top 5 voted items will become the club's "Official Priorities" for 2013.
> >>>>
> >>>> REMEMBER: Any priority you vote for, you should be willing to at least
> >>>> work ON (in a leadership role or as a helper, but at least contribute
> >>>> in some fashion). We'll accomplish nothing by setting priorities for
> >>>> OTHERS and not OURSELVES!
> >>>>
> >>>> ___ 1) New course
> >>>> ___ 2) New signage at Willamette
> >>>> ___ 3) Club garbage containers at Adair (tee's 4,6,7,8,9,10, walk-out 11)
> >>>> ___ 4) Concrete tees at Adair
> >>>> ___ 5) Hole expansions and/or relayout at Willamette
> >>>> ___ 6) Doubling monthly meeting attendance
> >>>> ___ 7) Doubling club membership
> >>>> ___ 8) Minimum $2000 club cash-on-hand
> >>>> ___ 9) Representative to Parks and Recreation Board meetings and reports
> >>>> ___ 10) Quarterly meetings with Corvallis Parks & Rec on collaboration
> >>>> ___ 11) Full participation in the decision making process regarding courses
> >>>> ___ 12) Representatives to & From OSU and Albany Clubs with monthly WDGC reports;
> >>>> ___ 13) A two-day Civil War OSU/OU team event fundraising benefits at Willamette Park
> >>>> ___ 14) A two-day Townies vs. Schoolies (OSU) team event at Willamette Park
> >>>> ___ 15) Doubling of doubles & Handicap League participation and income
> >>>> ___ 16) Completion and acceptance of Complete Willamette Disc Golf Course re-design
> >>>> ___ 17) Completion and acceptance of five-year master plan for Willamette & Adair
> >>>> ___ 18) Courses in good repair and improved as needed (signs, pads, baskets)
> >>>> ___ 19) Doubling of native Oregon plantings (safety, ecologic and esthetic)
> >>>> ___ 20) $20 annual Dues, discount of up to $10 at $1/hour for club project labor
> >>>> ___ 21) Recruitment and participation by women and minorities
> >>>> ___ 22) Hold clinics and introduction events at local courses
> >>>> ___ 23) More one-day events (competition/rodeo?)
> >>>>
> >>>> ------------------------------------
> >>>>
> >>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>>
> >> 
>


Re: Tee sponsors

Greg Johnson
 

I agree that the club should sponsor hole #1.
I'll sponsor a hole too if we don't get 18 businesses.

Greg J

On Nov 12, 2012, at 1:59 PM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:

 

kineticbagel wrote...
> It's time to identify potential sponsors for Willamette tee signs.
> If you think you know of a business that might like to get some
> great exposure, please send me an email with a contact name and
> number. I already have info for Coop, Calapooia, Play It Again,
> Squirrels, City Barber, Big 5, Corvallis Rental, Happy Trails,
> Coffee Culture, Murphy's Tavern, and WDGC. Should we sponsor a sign?
> The 1 year sponsorship will be $100. An 8"x11" sign on a first come
> first served basis concerning which hole they might want.

The SIGN is 8"x11" or the ad-space is?

I feel the club should DEFINITELY sponsor a sign and on hole #1,
pushing club membership, etc. In essence, we're sponsoring anyway,
since at $100 per, that won't quite cover the full cost of the signs,
but I still think it's a good idea to put the club "up front."

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: Kelly's lame comment

Eric Smith
 

Instead of a sword shouldn’t it be a fist full of cash? ;-)

 

From: wdgc@... [mailto:wdgc@...] On Behalf Of mike gibson
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 1:17 PM
To: wdgc@...
Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment

 

 

Just off the first tee would be good. And if possible, please include Pete, Spot and Eddie. What would really be nice is if I was throwing a thumber--and holding a sword in my other hand. I'll ask Craig what he wants.

Mike

 

From: evilhatechild <mikestorrs@...>
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 10:04 AM
Subject: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment

 

Sounds good. Should I put your statues uphill?

--- In mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com, mike gibson <disharoonone@...> wrote:
>
> The feast/barbecue will be structured along the lines of something like this: Craig and I ($1,000 donor club) will be seated on thrones, dining on prawns, steaks from grass fed steers (fed by hand and massaged daily), locally grown vegetables, sipping single grain 12 year old whiskey and powering down Calepooia's finest brews down our faceholes,  etc.etc. Perhaps the club members will come up with some kind of awards for us--cars, trips, Kruggerands--or perhaps Mike Storrs will dedicate his Handicap league to start up a statue fund to honor us.
> The next circle--seated on cafeteria chairs, will have their fill of big old Papa's pizza's, mac and cheese, tater tots, and PBR's.
> The outer circle, consisting of those who bragged about only showing up a few times throughout the years will sit on benches, just outside the tent--maybe under the dripline--and well--I'm thinking  maybe some kind of tofu casserole and a 40 to plug up your pieholes.
> Mike
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...>
> To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:39 PM
> Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
>
>  
> I've been here 4 years now, and this bbq was legendary when I showed up.  it's going to have to kick some serious a$$ to live up to the hype!
> I'm expecting large quantities of hot, dripping, slow roasted meats pulled out of multiple selective tree harvest fed fires and crammed into my face hole, washed down with gallons of delicious  locally hopped beers.
> lets do this thing.
> billy
> On Nov 8, 2012 8:03 PM, "mike gibson" <disharoonone@...> wrote:
>  
> >Consider it a tradition!
> >
> >--- On Thu, 11/8/12, Eric Smith <inspectorsmith@...> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>From: Eric Smith <inspectorsmith@...>
> >>Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
> >>To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>Date: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 7:37 PM
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> >>I remember when I was just a kid starting to play disc golf and hearing tales of a doubles BBQ.
> >> 
> >>Those were simple times and there was a BBQ promised almost every meeting.
> >> 
> >>From:mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nathan Sexton
> >>Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:53 PM
> >>To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
> >> 
> >> 
> >>Dana should sit at the head of the table, all the money he put in back in 2005 and 06 must have accrued a ton of interest by now in the secret account Mike and Craig are holding it in!
> >>  Nate
> >>On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Dana Lawton <http://mc/compose?to=danalawton1@...> wrote:
> >> 
> >>Yes Mike the plan was to, if excess funds were generated, use them towards a BBQ.  I left in 07 and well before I left the BBQ plan was bandied about.  I only ask that I am invited to partake.
> >> 
> >>Dana
> >>
> >>
> >>On Nov 8, 2012, at 2:01 PM, "evilhatechild" <http://mc/compose?to=mikestorrs@...> wrote:
> >> 
> >>>If I remember right the doubles BBQ goes back to before my son was born (he is 7.5 now) and Kelly was playing a lot of doubles back then. His money is in the pot. But maybe I missed that Craig was tongue in cheek. Sometimes I have a hard time reading sarcasm.
> >>>
> >>>Mike Storrs
> >>>
> >>>--- In http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com, "Christiansen, Kelly" <http://mc/compose?to=Kelly.Christiansen@> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> I withdraw my lame comment due to Craig’s unbelievable retort. My apologies.
> >>>>
> >>>> kc
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> From: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Craig Banner
> >>>> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 1:24 PM
> >>>> To: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>>> Subject: [wdgc] RE: Kelly's lame comment
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Well of course Kelly a free meal for you (you might bless us with your presence) and absolutely no support of Doubles, I'll buy that!!! I think your comment is indicative of the thought that many are putting into the future of the club.
> >>>>
> >>>> CB
> >>>>
> >>>> --- On Mon, 11/5/12, Christiansen, Kelly <Kelly.Christiansen@>> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> From: Christiansen, Kelly <
Kelly.Christiansen@>>
> >>>> Subject: RE: [wdgc] 2013 Priorities VOTE
> >>>> To: "
http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.comhttp://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com>" <http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.comhttp://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com>>
> >>>> Date: Monday, November 5, 2012, 12:46 PM
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> I think another priority we could vote on should be the mythical doubles BBQ. Maybe Mike can get Billy to organize it.
> >>>>
> >>>> (I would have saved this for the meeting, but Everett has put a gag order on me)
> >>>>
> >>>> -----Original Message-----
> >>>> From: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Everett Kaser
> >>>> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 8:01 AM
> >>>> To: WDGC
> >>>> Subject: [wdgc] 2013 Priorities VOTE
> >>>>
> >>>> Here's the current 'ballot' that I'll be bringing to tonight's meeting
> >>>> for folks to vote on for 2013 priorities. If you have additions you
> >>>> like to add to it, best get them to me soon. Voting on this item
> >>>> will commence today (by email), tonight (at the meeting), and over the
> >>>> next week (by email). You may note that I've changed, from my earlier
> >>>> posting, the number of votes available to each member (from 3 to 5),
> >>>> and also added the ability for you to assign more than one of your
> >>>> votes to the same item (if you feel strongly about it).
> >>>>
> >>>> Everett
> >>>>
> >>>> ======================================================================
> >>>> Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
> >>>> PO Box 403
> >>>> Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
> >>>> USA http://www.kaser.com/
> >>>> ======================================================================
> >>>>
> >>>> 2013 WDGC Club Priorities Vote MEMBER'S NAME__________________________
> >>>>
> >>>> Each club member has FIVE votes they may allocate as they wish. You
> >>>> may vote for 5 separate items or place all 5 of your votes on a single
> >>>> item or split your 5 votes in some other fashion between any number
> >>>> of items from 1 to 5. You may, of course, WRITE IN your own priority
> >>>> not on this list and assign to it however many of your 5 votes you wish.
> >>>> Just be aware that write-ins are unlikely to accumulate enough votes
> >>>> unless a secret cabal schemes to all write in the same priority.
> >>>> Write in the blank before each priority the number of your votes you
> >>>> wish to assign to that priority. Any ballot with votes tallying MORE
> >>>> than 5 will not be counted.
> >>>>
> >>>> The top 5 voted items will become the club's "Official Priorities" for 2013.
> >>>>
> >>>> REMEMBER: Any priority you vote for, you should be willing to at least
> >>>> work ON (in a leadership role or as a helper, but at least contribute
> >>>> in some fashion). We'll accomplish nothing by setting priorities for
> >>>> OTHERS and not OURSELVES!
> >>>>
> >>>> ___ 1) New course
> >>>> ___ 2) New signage at Willamette
> >>>> ___ 3) Club garbage containers at Adair (tee's 4,6,7,8,9,10, walk-out 11)
> >>>> ___ 4) Concrete tees at Adair
> >>>> ___ 5) Hole expansions and/or relayout at Willamette
> >>>> ___ 6) Doubling monthly meeting attendance
> >>>> ___ 7) Doubling club membership
> >>>> ___ 8) Minimum $2000 club cash-on-hand
> >>>> ___ 9) Representative to Parks and Recreation Board meetings and reports
> >>>> ___ 10) Quarterly meetings with Corvallis Parks & Rec on collaboration
> >>>> ___ 11) Full participation in the decision making process regarding courses
> >>>> ___ 12) Representatives to & From OSU and Albany Clubs with monthly WDGC reports;
> >>>> ___ 13) A two-day Civil War OSU/OU team event fundraising benefits at Willamette Park
> >>>> ___ 14) A two-day Townies vs. Schoolies (OSU) team event at Willamette Park
> >>>> ___ 15) Doubling of doubles & Handicap League participation and income
> >>>> ___ 16) Completion and acceptance of Complete Willamette Disc Golf Course re-design
> >>>> ___ 17) Completion and acceptance of five-year master plan for Willamette & Adair
> >>>> ___ 18) Courses in good repair and improved as needed (signs, pads, baskets)
> >>>> ___ 19) Doubling of native Oregon plantings (safety, ecologic and esthetic)
> >>>> ___ 20) $20 annual Dues, discount of up to $10 at $1/hour for club project labor
> >>>> ___ 21) Recruitment and participation by women and minorities
> >>>> ___ 22) Hold clinics and introduction events at local courses
> >>>> ___ 23) More one-day events (competition/rodeo?)
> >>>>
> >>>> ------------------------------------
> >>>>
> >>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>>
> >> 
>


Re: Kelly's lame comment

Mike Gibson
 

Just off the first tee would be good. And if possible, please include Pete, Spot and Eddie. What would really be nice is if I was throwing a thumber--and holding a sword in my other hand. I'll ask Craig what he wants.
Mike

From: evilhatechild
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 10:04 AM
Subject: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
 
Sounds good. Should I put your statues uphill?

--- In mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com, mike gibson wrote:
>
> The feast/barbecue will be structured along the lines of something like this: Craig and I ($1,000 donor club) will be seated on thrones, dining on prawns, steaks from grass fed steers (fed by hand and massaged daily), locally grown vegetables, sipping single grain 12 year old whiskey and powering down Calepooia's finest brews down our faceholes,  etc.etc. Perhaps the club members will come up with some kind of awards for us--cars, trips, Kruggerands--or perhaps Mike Storrs will dedicate his Handicap league to start up a statue fund to honor us.
> The next circle--seated on cafeteria chairs, will have their fill of big old Papa's pizza's, mac and cheese, tater tots, and PBR's.
> The outer circle, consisting of those who bragged about only showing up a few times throughout the years will sit on benches, just outside the tent--maybe under the dripline--and well--I'm thinking  maybe some kind of tofu casserole and a 40 to plug up your pieholes.
> Mike
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Bill Gaskill
> To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:39 PM
> Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
>
>  
> I've been here 4 years now, and this bbq was legendary when I showed up.  it's going to have to kick some serious a$$ to live up to the hype!
> I'm expecting large quantities of hot, dripping, slow roasted meats pulled out of multiple selective tree harvest fed fires and crammed into my face hole, washed down with gallons of delicious  locally hopped beers.
> lets do this thing.
> billy
> On Nov 8, 2012 8:03 PM, "mike gibson" wrote:
>  
> >Consider it a tradition!
> >
> >--- On Thu, 11/8/12, Eric Smith wrote:
> >
> >
> >>From: Eric Smith
> >>Subject: RE: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
> >>To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>Date: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 7:37 PM
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> >>I remember when I was just a kid starting to play disc golf and hearing tales of a doubles BBQ.
> >> 
> >>Those were simple times and there was a BBQ promised almost every meeting.
> >> 
> >>From:mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nathan Sexton
> >>Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 6:53 PM
> >>To: mailto:wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>Subject: Re: [wdgc] Re: Kelly's lame comment
> >> 
> >> 
> >>Dana should sit at the head of the table, all the money he put in back in 2005 and 06 must have accrued a ton of interest by now in the secret account Mike and Craig are holding it in!
> >>  Nate
> >>On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Dana Lawton wrote:
> >> 
> >>Yes Mike the plan was to, if excess funds were generated, use them towards a BBQ.  I left in 07 and well before I left the BBQ plan was bandied about.  I only ask that I am invited to partake.
> >> 
> >>Dana
> >>
> >>
> >>On Nov 8, 2012, at 2:01 PM, "evilhatechild" wrote:
> >> 
> >>>If I remember right the doubles BBQ goes back to before my son was born (he is 7.5 now) and Kelly was playing a lot of doubles back then. His money is in the pot. But maybe I missed that Craig was tongue in cheek. Sometimes I have a hard time reading sarcasm.
> >>>
> >>>Mike Storrs
> >>>
> >>>--- In http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com, "Christiansen, Kelly" <http://mc/compose?to=Kelly.Christiansen@> wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> I withdraw my lame comment due to Craig’s unbelievable retort. My apologies.
> >>>>
> >>>> kc
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> From: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Craig Banner
> >>>> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 1:24 PM
> >>>> To: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com
> >>>> Subject: [wdgc] RE: Kelly's lame comment
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Well of course Kelly a free meal for you (you might bless us with your presence) and absolutely no support of Doubles, I'll buy that!!! I think your comment is indicative of the thought that many are putting into the future of the club.
> >>>>
> >>>> CB
> >>>>
> >>>> --- On Mon, 11/5/12, Christiansen, Kelly > wrote:
> >>>>
> >>>> From: Christiansen, Kelly >
> >>>> Subject: RE: [wdgc] 2013 Priorities VOTE
> >>>> To: "http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.comhttp://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com>" <http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.comhttp://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com>>
> >>>> Date: Monday, November 5, 2012, 12:46 PM
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> I think another priority we could vote on should be the mythical doubles BBQ. Maybe Mike can get Billy to organize it.
> >>>>
> >>>> (I would have saved this for the meeting, but Everett has put a gag order on me)
> >>>>
> >>>> -----Original Message-----
> >>>> From: http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com [mailto:http://mc/compose?to=wdgc%40yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Everett Kaser
> >>>> Sent: Monday, November 05, 2012 8:01 AM
> >>>> To: WDGC
> >>>> Subject: [wdgc] 2013 Priorities VOTE
> >>>>
> >>>> Here's the current 'ballot' that I'll be bringing to tonight's meeting
> >>>> for folks to vote on for 2013 priorities. If you have additions you
> >>>> like to add to it, best get them to me soon. Voting on this item
> >>>> will commence today (by email), tonight (at the meeting), and over the
> >>>> next week (by email). You may note that I've changed, from my earlier
> >>>> posting, the number of votes available to each member (from 3 to 5),
> >>>> and also added the ability for you to assign more than one of your
> >>>> votes to the same item (if you feel strongly about it).
> >>>>
> >>>> Everett
> >>>>
> >>>> ======================================================================
> >>>> Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
> >>>> PO Box 403
> >>>> Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
> >>>> USA http://www.kaser.com/
> >>>> ======================================================================
> >>>>
> >>>> 2013 WDGC Club Priorities Vote MEMBER'S NAME__________________________
> >>>>
> >>>> Each club member has FIVE votes they may allocate as they wish. You
> >>>> may vote for 5 separate items or place all 5 of your votes on a single
> >>>> item or split your 5 votes in some other fashion between any number
> >>>> of items from 1 to 5. You may, of course, WRITE IN your own priority
> >>>> not on this list and assign to it however many of your 5 votes you wish.
> >>>> Just be aware that write-ins are unlikely to accumulate enough votes
> >>>> unless a secret cabal schemes to all write in the same priority.
> >>>> Write in the blank before each priority the number of your votes you
> >>>> wish to assign to that priority. Any ballot with votes tallying MORE
> >>>> than 5 will not be counted.
> >>>>
> >>>> The top 5 voted items will become the club's "Official Priorities" for 2013.
> >>>>
> >>>> REMEMBER: Any priority you vote for, you should be willing to at least
> >>>> work ON (in a leadership role or as a helper, but at least contribute
> >>>> in some fashion). We'll accomplish nothing by setting priorities for
> >>>> OTHERS and not OURSELVES!
> >>>>
> >>>> ___ 1) New course
> >>>> ___ 2) New signage at Willamette
> >>>> ___ 3) Club garbage containers at Adair (tee's 4,6,7,8,9,10, walk-out 11)
> >>>> ___ 4) Concrete tees at Adair
> >>>> ___ 5) Hole expansions and/or relayout at Willamette
> >>>> ___ 6) Doubling monthly meeting attendance
> >>>> ___ 7) Doubling club membership
> >>>> ___ 8) Minimum $2000 club cash-on-hand
> >>>> ___ 9) Representative to Parks and Recreation Board meetings and reports
> >>>> ___ 10) Quarterly meetings with Corvallis Parks & Rec on collaboration
> >>>> ___ 11) Full participation in the decision making process regarding courses
> >>>> ___ 12) Representatives to & From OSU and Albany Clubs with monthly WDGC reports;
> >>>> ___ 13) A two-day Civil War OSU/OU team event fundraising benefits at Willamette Park
> >>>> ___ 14) A two-day Townies vs. Schoolies (OSU) team event at Willamette Park
> >>>> ___ 15) Doubling of doubles & Handicap League participation and income
> >>>> ___ 16) Completion and acceptance of Complete Willamette Disc Golf Course re-design
> >>>> ___ 17) Completion and acceptance of five-year master plan for Willamette & Adair
> >>>> ___ 18) Courses in good repair and improved as needed (signs, pads, baskets)
> >>>> ___ 19) Doubling of native Oregon plantings (safety, ecologic and esthetic)
> >>>> ___ 20) $20 annual Dues, discount of up to $10 at $1/hour for club project labor
> >>>> ___ 21) Recruitment and participation by women and minorities
> >>>> ___ 22) Hold clinics and introduction events at local courses
> >>>> ___ 23) More one-day events (competition/rodeo?)
> >>>>
> >>>> ------------------------------------
> >>>>
> >>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
> >>>>
> >> 
>


Re: Parks Board x a Middle Way

Mike Storrs
 

Should we add that to the priorities vote and vote again? It might still have to happen after we build a new course.

--- In wdgc@yahoogroups.com, "kineticbagel" <kineticbagel@...> wrote:

After being verbally assaulted by john at the Coop just now, and his continued disrespect of the WDGC, I think we should ask john to go and form his own club.


RESULTS: 2013 Priorities

 

Okay, the voting is over, Obama won! Err... wait, no, wrong voting.
Sorry 'bout that.

We ended with 16 members voicing their opinions, with one only casting
3 of their 5 votes, so we ended with 78 'votes' total. The results are:

15_ 1) New course
12_ 2) New signage at Willamette
_0_ 3) Club garbage containers at Adair (tee's 4,6,7,8,9,10, walk-out 11)
19_ 4) Concrete tees at Adair
_6_ 5) Hole expansions and/or relayout at Willamette
_0_ 6) Doubling monthly meeting attendance
_0_ 7) Doubling club membership
_0_ 8) Minimum $2000 club cash-on-hand
_1_ 9) Representative to Parks and Recreation Board meetings and reports
_0_ 10) Quarterly meetings with Corvallis Parks & Rec on collaboration
_2_ 11) Full participation in the decision making process regarding courses
_1_ 12) Representatives to & From OSU and Albany Clubs with monthly WDGC reports;
_1_ 13) A two-day Civil War OSU/OU team event fundraising benefits at Willamette Park
_1_ 14) A two-day Townies vs. Schoolies (OSU) team event at Willamette Park
_2_ 15) Doubling of doubles & Handicap League participation and income
_2_ 16) Completion and acceptance of Complete Willamette Disc Golf Course re-design
_2_ 17) Completion and acceptance of five-year master plan for Willamette & Adair
_3_ 18) Courses in good repair and improved as needed (signs, pads, baskets)
_0_ 19) Doubling of native Oregon plantings (safety, ecologic and esthetic)
_0_ 20) $20 annual Dues, discount of up to $10 at $1/hour for club project labor
_2_ 21) Recruitment and participation by women and minorities
_3_ 22) Hold clinics and introduction events at local courses
_6_ 23) More one-day events (competition/rodeo?)

So, in order, the clear winners are:
A) Concrete tees at Adair
B) New course
C) New signage at Willamette

Those three together account for 59% of the votes, and they all
received pretty wide-spread support. To help in the decision making process,
since each member had 5 votes, below is the number of members voting for
each item (indicating the "breadth of support" for the items):

_9_ 1) New course
_8_ 2) New signage at Willamette
_0_ 3) Club garbage containers at Adair (tee's 4,6,7,8,9,10, walk-out 11)
10_ 4) Concrete tees at Adair
_2_ 5) Hole expansions and/or relayout at Willamette
_0_ 6) Doubling monthly meeting attendance
_0_ 7) Doubling club membership
_0_ 8) Minimum $2000 club cash-on-hand
_1_ 9) Representative to Parks and Recreation Board meetings and reports
_0_ 10) Quarterly meetings with Corvallis Parks & Rec on collaboration
_2_ 11) Full participation in the decision making process regarding courses
_1_ 12) Representatives to & From OSU and Albany Clubs with monthly WDGC reports;
_1_ 13) A two-day Civil War OSU/OU team event fundraising benefits at Willamette Park
_1_ 14) A two-day Townies vs. Schoolies (OSU) team event at Willamette Park
_2_ 15) Doubling of doubles & Handicap League participation and income
_1_ 16) Completion and acceptance of Complete Willamette Disc Golf Course re-design
_2_ 17) Completion and acceptance of five-year master plan for Willamette & Adair
_3_ 18) Courses in good repair and improved as needed (signs, pads, baskets)
_0_ 19) Doubling of native Oregon plantings (safety, ecologic and esthetic)
_0_ 20) $20 annual Dues, discount of up to $10 at $1/hour for club project labor
_2_ 21) Recruitment and participation by women and minorities
_3_ 22) Hold clinics and introduction events at local courses
_4_ 23) More one-day events (competition/rodeo?)

Given the nature of the "top three," my opinion is that those are
sufficient for the club to focus on (not solely, but in terms of major
projects) for the coming 12 months, both financially and in terms of
willing manpower.

Let the discussions begin... as we're going to have to start taking
uh... 'concrete' steps, and SOON, if we're going to hope to make
progress on these items in the coming year. The Willamette signage
appears to be well under way.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA http://www.kaser.com
======================================================================


Re: Parks Board x a Middle Way

kineticbagel <kineticbagel@...>
 

After being verbally assaulted by john at the Coop just now, and his continued disrespect of the WDGC, I think we should ask john to go and form his own club.

1621 - 1640 of 2255