Date   

Re: Groups.io and WDGC files and records

Jay Sexton
 

Thanks Everett,

Jay


Re: Groups.io and WDGC files and records

Bryce Downey
 

Good job with follow through. 


On Tue, Feb 5, 2019, 8:56 AM Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Per last night's meeting, here's what I've found:

1) Meeting notes: when I originally set up the WDGC Groups.io group,
   one of the things I DID upload to the Files section is a ZIP file
   containing ALL of the meeting notes that I had covering the period
   from Jan 2008 through Dec 2017. Individual meeting notes are also
   there for Jan, Feb, and Mar of 2018.  You'll find all of these
   in the "Meeting Minutes" folder in the Groups.io FILES section.
2) Also in the FILES section is a "General Documents" folder in which
   I placed the various "club documents" that I had at the time,
   including the club Bylaws, insurance policies, our agreement (at
   the time) with Benton County Parks regarding Adair, and a PDF
   containing disc golf rules and maps of Adair and Willamette
   courses. The updated Bylaws (as per last night's meeting) will
   need to get uploaded there, as should any new MOU with Benton
   County Parks.
3) There are also folders in the FILES section for club HISTORY and
   club TOURNAMENTS (neither of which have been kept up-to-date).
4) Groups.io members who upload files CAN delete the files that THEY
   upload, but can NOT delete files uploaded by others (only
   moderators can delete other people's files).

Let me know if there's anything else I can clarify about this stuff.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================





Groups.io and WDGC files and records

 

Per last night's meeting, here's what I've found:

1) Meeting notes: when I originally set up the WDGC Groups.io group,
one of the things I DID upload to the Files section is a ZIP file
containing ALL of the meeting notes that I had covering the period
from Jan 2008 through Dec 2017. Individual meeting notes are also
there for Jan, Feb, and Mar of 2018. You'll find all of these
in the "Meeting Minutes" folder in the Groups.io FILES section.
2) Also in the FILES section is a "General Documents" folder in which
I placed the various "club documents" that I had at the time,
including the club Bylaws, insurance policies, our agreement (at
the time) with Benton County Parks regarding Adair, and a PDF
containing disc golf rules and maps of Adair and Willamette
courses. The updated Bylaws (as per last night's meeting) will
need to get uploaded there, as should any new MOU with Benton
County Parks.
3) There are also folders in the FILES section for club HISTORY and
club TOURNAMENTS (neither of which have been kept up-to-date).
4) Groups.io members who upload files CAN delete the files that THEY
upload, but can NOT delete files uploaded by others (only
moderators can delete other people's files).

Let me know if there's anything else I can clarify about this stuff.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 02/04/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 4 February 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


Agenda for Tonight's 6:00 pm WDGC mtg. @ Tunison Community Room

Richard Hervey
 

Tonight 6:00 pm at Tunison Community Room.

Attached are the minutes from the last meeting (thank you John), proposed bylaws changes, which will discussed tonight and tonight's agenda.  I apologize for the late delivery.  I'll also cut and paste agenda into this email for ease of reading.

Richard
--------------------

Time

Min

Person

Topic/Goal

6:00

8

All

*Check in – 1 min. per person

6:08

2

Richard

Meeting agenda overview, modification, and approval

6:10

3

All

Announcements

6:13

2

Richard

Approval of Minutes from August 8, 2018 (WDGCJanMeet1.doc)

6:15

1

Richard

Action Item Review

All:

·      No Action Items identified at community meeting (Woodstocks).

6:16

10

Greg

Festivus celebration and debrief

6:26

2

Greg

Treasurer’s report (maybe not – Greg had other things on his mind)

6:28

5

Robert

Presidents Report / Outside contacts

6:33

10

Robert

- Discuss voting bylaws amendment passage

     - VP & Sec. changes (WDGC-Bylaws-2-14-2009_ vp changes.doc)

     - Further amending voting bylaws (

WDGC-Bylaws - Rev 1-22-2019 vote change 2.doc)

6:43

5

Robert

Archiving Club Documents – where, how, etc.

6:48

8

Kelly/Billy

Greenskeepers reports

6:56

5

Robert

Meetings Debrief

7:01

3

Richard

Set / Affirm Agenda Items for Next meeting.  Review action items for next meeting.

7:04

2

Richard

***Check out

7:06

 

Richard

Adjourn

--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 02/04/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 4 February 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


Re: Festivus Hindsight

Eric Smith
 

Oops. I even looked at that but didn’t grab it.

Thanks Greg

 

From: main@wdgc.groups.io [mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg Johnson via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2019 1:38 PM
To: main@wdgc.groups.io; Mike Gibson via Groups.Io; main@wdgc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WDGC] Festivus Hindsight

 

have the scoreboards at the monday club meeting at tunison. I think the picture is blurry. I'll try again later. I'm out at Adair collecting my baskets and leftover firewood. Place is cleaned up well. Course closed sign still up in park entry post. Ill get that when I leave.

Greg

 

 

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM, Mike Gibson via Groups.Io

Can't make this out on a computer--maybe it shows up better on phones--which I don't have.

Mike

 


From: Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg@...>
To: "main@wdgc.groups.io" <main@wdgc.groups.io>; JohnRoss <johnr414@...>; "main@wdgc.groups.io" <main@wdgc.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [WDGC] Festivus Hindsight

 

Thank you all for the help. More scoring help will be needed next year. Mckenzy won't be around unless I move Festivus to winter break. I will move it to a different weekend. It was last weekend in January for years, Eugene picked this weekend to avoid Festivus conflict originally.

Picture of final scoreboard attached.

Grievances Noted:

I missed writing scrip for MA60. I was starting to wonder why so many silipints were left.

Pretty well organized otherwise.  

I paid out pros 1st b/c the AMs already got Silipints for players packs.

I will try to plan for distinct trophies again next year. For several years I have put at least $100 into the trophies myself. I funded the Silipints this year and need to recalc what the club owes me back.  I think there are 4 or 5 mostly red ones left. Available for $10.

Raffle - really didn't have enough stuff to sell more raffle tickets, then one guy won 2 bags, better to just give the few things away. Anyone who spent more than $5 on raffle tickets and didn't win anything, please contact me or send them to me.

 

 

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:57 AM, JohnRoss

<johnr414@...> wrote:

I wasn't there for the bitter end--or happy end, depending on your ambition for placement.

 

So I don't know if the airing of grievances took place--the part where we figure out how to make whatever could be made better, better.

 

For my part, I could have done better with the fire--starting smaller or skipping the sign-up fire where I saw maybe one or two players taking advantage of the heat. I'll look forward to feedback on that element. I think the lunchtime fire might have gone lightly appreciated and utilized as well. I went off to play and don't know.

 

And I had to skip the feats of strength on account of not being ready to play this year, which I plan on addressing by next year for sure. My expectations will be high, unwise as I know that to be. But there it is.

 

So I don't know whether the evening fires I stoked made it through or were properly fed but not overfed as I've done in past years. I look to get that right every year and leave less wood to be hauled away or put out at the end of the night. I apologize for not being present for that activity. I was worn out and had to retreat to my cave.

 

The more condensed layout seemed to produce more compact round times and I dearly loved the playing with your buds on the first round for social purposes. The second, Calapooia-lubricated, round maybe takes a bit longer so problem alleviated maybe?

 

The setup seemed more streamlined and players were cut loose close to the 9 a.m. start shortly after. The field seemed thinner than usual, but maybe because I was standing on the outside and play didn't come close to the shelter, as it has in years past. 

 

Hope the food offering was well received and I have thoughts on better preparing Billy Gaskell's gift of marvelous mack and cheese I'll offer in a more targeted email. The COSTCO cookies didn't fly it appeared, but whatever. Surely the beer was as good as ever--lots of flavor and plenty of punch.

 

End of my grievances contribution. Nothing serious. Always a fun event I look for a more energized competition for spots working around Eugene's Ice Bowl. They need to move that date. Humility looks good on Ducks fan when so rarely exhibited.

 

Beavers are always humble. I think we're always interested in 1. what folks like about Festivus, 2. what might make it better and 3. what shouldn't be repeated--as an event. Some fools always going to over enjoy Mark Martin's products--though nobody ever passed out from chili, I guess.

 

My two cents spent or overspent. I like to get my money's worth.

 

I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           

 

 

 


Re: Festivus Hindsight

Greg Johnson
 

have the scoreboards at the monday club meeting at tunison. I think the picture is blurry. I'll try again later. I'm out at Adair collecting my baskets and leftover firewood. Place is cleaned up well. Course closed sign still up in park entry post. Ill get that when I leave.
Greg


On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM, Mike Gibson via Groups.Io
<disharoonone@...> wrote:
Can't make this out on a computer--maybe it shows up better on phones--which I don't have.
Mike



From: Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg@...>
To: "main@wdgc.groups.io" <main@wdgc.groups.io>; JohnRoss <johnr414@...>; "main@wdgc.groups.io" <main@wdgc.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [WDGC] Festivus Hindsight


Thank you all for the help. More scoring help will be needed next year. Mckenzy won't be around unless I move Festivus to winter break. I will move it to a different weekend. It was last weekend in January for years, Eugene picked this weekend to avoid Festivus conflict originally.
Picture of final scoreboard attached.
Grievances Noted:
I missed writing scrip for MA60. I was starting to wonder why so many silipints were left.
Pretty well organized otherwise.  
I paid out pros 1st b/c the AMs already got Silipints for players packs.
I will try to plan for distinct trophies again next year. For several years I have put at least $100 into the trophies myself. I funded the Silipints this year and need to recalc what the club owes me back.  I think there are 4 or 5 mostly red ones left. Available for $10.
Raffle - really didn't have enough stuff to sell more raffle tickets, then one guy won 2 bags, better to just give the few things away. Anyone who spent more than $5 on raffle tickets and didn't win anything, please contact me or send them to me.



On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:57 AM, JohnRoss
<johnr414@...> wrote:
I wasn't there for the bitter end--or happy end, depending on your ambition for placement.

So I don't know if the airing of grievances took place--the part where we figure out how to make whatever could be made better, better.

For my part, I could have done better with the fire--starting smaller or skipping the sign-up fire where I saw maybe one or two players taking advantage of the heat. I'll look forward to feedback on that element. I think the lunchtime fire might have gone lightly appreciated and utilized as well. I went off to play and don't know.

And I had to skip the feats of strength on account of not being ready to play this year, which I plan on addressing by next year for sure. My expectations will be high, unwise as I know that to be. But there it is.

So I don't know whether the evening fires I stoked made it through or were properly fed but not overfed as I've done in past years. I look to get that right every year and leave less wood to be hauled away or put out at the end of the night. I apologize for not being present for that activity. I was worn out and had to retreat to my cave.

The more condensed layout seemed to produce more compact round times and I dearly loved the playing with your buds on the first round for social purposes. The second, Calapooia-lubricated, round maybe takes a bit longer so problem alleviated maybe?

The setup seemed more streamlined and players were cut loose close to the 9 a.m. start shortly after. The field seemed thinner than usual, but maybe because I was standing on the outside and play didn't come close to the shelter, as it has in years past. 

Hope the food offering was well received and I have thoughts on better preparing Billy Gaskell's gift of marvelous mack and cheese I'll offer in a more targeted email. The COSTCO cookies didn't fly it appeared, but whatever. Surely the beer was as good as ever--lots of flavor and plenty of punch.

End of my grievances contribution. Nothing serious. Always a fun event I look for a more energized competition for spots working around Eugene's Ice Bowl. They need to move that date. Humility looks good on Ducks fan when so rarely exhibited.

Beavers are always humble. I think we're always interested in 1. what folks like about Festivus, 2. what might make it better and 3. what shouldn't be repeated--as an event. Some fools always going to over enjoy Mark Martin's products--though nobody ever passed out from chili, I guess.

My two cents spent or overspent. I like to get my money's worth.

I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           






Re: Festivus Hindsight

Mike Gibson
 

Can't make this out on a computer--maybe it shows up better on phones--which I don't have.
Mike



From: Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg@...>
To: "main@wdgc.groups.io" <main@wdgc.groups.io>; JohnRoss <johnr414@...>; "main@wdgc.groups.io" <main@wdgc.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: [WDGC] Festivus Hindsight


Thank you all for the help. More scoring help will be needed next year. Mckenzy won't be around unless I move Festivus to winter break. I will move it to a different weekend. It was last weekend in January for years, Eugene picked this weekend to avoid Festivus conflict originally.
Picture of final scoreboard attached.
Grievances Noted:
I missed writing scrip for MA60. I was starting to wonder why so many silipints were left.
Pretty well organized otherwise.  
I paid out pros 1st b/c the AMs already got Silipints for players packs.
I will try to plan for distinct trophies again next year. For several years I have put at least $100 into the trophies myself. I funded the Silipints this year and need to recalc what the club owes me back.  I think there are 4 or 5 mostly red ones left. Available for $10.
Raffle - really didn't have enough stuff to sell more raffle tickets, then one guy won 2 bags, better to just give the few things away. Anyone who spent more than $5 on raffle tickets and didn't win anything, please contact me or send them to me.



On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:57 AM, JohnRoss
<johnr414@...> wrote:
I wasn't there for the bitter end--or happy end, depending on your ambition for placement.

So I don't know if the airing of grievances took place--the part where we figure out how to make whatever could be made better, better.

For my part, I could have done better with the fire--starting smaller or skipping the sign-up fire where I saw maybe one or two players taking advantage of the heat. I'll look forward to feedback on that element. I think the lunchtime fire might have gone lightly appreciated and utilized as well. I went off to play and don't know.

And I had to skip the feats of strength on account of not being ready to play this year, which I plan on addressing by next year for sure. My expectations will be high, unwise as I know that to be. But there it is.

So I don't know whether the evening fires I stoked made it through or were properly fed but not overfed as I've done in past years. I look to get that right every year and leave less wood to be hauled away or put out at the end of the night. I apologize for not being present for that activity. I was worn out and had to retreat to my cave.

The more condensed layout seemed to produce more compact round times and I dearly loved the playing with your buds on the first round for social purposes. The second, Calapooia-lubricated, round maybe takes a bit longer so problem alleviated maybe?

The setup seemed more streamlined and players were cut loose close to the 9 a.m. start shortly after. The field seemed thinner than usual, but maybe because I was standing on the outside and play didn't come close to the shelter, as it has in years past. 

Hope the food offering was well received and I have thoughts on better preparing Billy Gaskell's gift of marvelous mack and cheese I'll offer in a more targeted email. The COSTCO cookies didn't fly it appeared, but whatever. Surely the beer was as good as ever--lots of flavor and plenty of punch.

End of my grievances contribution. Nothing serious. Always a fun event I look for a more energized competition for spots working around Eugene's Ice Bowl. They need to move that date. Humility looks good on Ducks fan when so rarely exhibited.

Beavers are always humble. I think we're always interested in 1. what folks like about Festivus, 2. what might make it better and 3. what shouldn't be repeated--as an event. Some fools always going to over enjoy Mark Martin's products--though nobody ever passed out from chili, I guess.

My two cents spent or overspent. I like to get my money's worth.

I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           






Re: Festivus Hindsight

Greg Johnson
 


Thank you all for the help. More scoring help will be needed next year. Mckenzy won't be around unless I move Festivus to winter break. I will move it to a different weekend. It was last weekend in January for years, Eugene picked this weekend to avoid Festivus conflict originally.
Picture of final scoreboard attached.
Grievances Noted:
I missed writing scrip for MA60. I was starting to wonder why so many silipints were left.
Pretty well organized otherwise.  
I paid out pros 1st b/c the AMs already got Silipints for players packs.
I will try to plan for distinct trophies again next year. For several years I have put at least $100 into the trophies myself. I funded the Silipints this year and need to recalc what the club owes me back.  I think there are 4 or 5 mostly red ones left. Available for $10.
Raffle - really didn't have enough stuff to sell more raffle tickets, then one guy won 2 bags, better to just give the few things away. Anyone who spent more than $5 on raffle tickets and didn't win anything, please contact me or send them to me.



On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:57 AM, JohnRoss
<johnr414@...> wrote:
I wasn't there for the bitter end--or happy end, depending on your ambition for placement.

So I don't know if the airing of grievances took place--the part where we figure out how to make whatever could be made better, better.

For my part, I could have done better with the fire--starting smaller or skipping the sign-up fire where I saw maybe one or two players taking advantage of the heat. I'll look forward to feedback on that element. I think the lunchtime fire might have gone lightly appreciated and utilized as well. I went off to play and don't know.

And I had to skip the feats of strength on account of not being ready to play this year, which I plan on addressing by next year for sure. My expectations will be high, unwise as I know that to be. But there it is.

So I don't know whether the evening fires I stoked made it through or were properly fed but not overfed as I've done in past years. I look to get that right every year and leave less wood to be hauled away or put out at the end of the night. I apologize for not being present for that activity. I was worn out and had to retreat to my cave.

The more condensed layout seemed to produce more compact round times and I dearly loved the playing with your buds on the first round for social purposes. The second, Calapooia-lubricated, round maybe takes a bit longer so problem alleviated maybe?

The setup seemed more streamlined and players were cut loose close to the 9 a.m. start shortly after. The field seemed thinner than usual, but maybe because I was standing on the outside and play didn't come close to the shelter, as it has in years past. 

Hope the food offering was well received and I have thoughts on better preparing Billy Gaskell's gift of marvelous mack and cheese I'll offer in a more targeted email. The COSTCO cookies didn't fly it appeared, but whatever. Surely the beer was as good as ever--lots of flavor and plenty of punch.

End of my grievances contribution. Nothing serious. Always a fun event I look for a more energized competition for spots working around Eugene's Ice Bowl. They need to move that date. Humility looks good on Ducks fan when so rarely exhibited.

Beavers are always humble. I think we're always interested in 1. what folks like about Festivus, 2. what might make it better and 3. what shouldn't be repeated--as an event. Some fools always going to over enjoy Mark Martin's products--though nobody ever passed out from chili, I guess.

My two cents spent or overspent. I like to get my money's worth.

I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           




Re: Festivus Hindsight

JohnRoss <johnr414@...>
 

I wasn't there for the bitter end--or happy end, depending on your ambition for placement.

So I don't know if the airing of grievances took place--the part where we figure out how to make whatever could be made better, better.

For my part, I could have done better with the fire--starting smaller or skipping the sign-up fire where I saw maybe one or two players taking advantage of the heat. I'll look forward to feedback on that element. I think the lunchtime fire might have gone lightly appreciated and utilized as well. I went off to play and don't know.

And I had to skip the feats of strength on account of not being ready to play this year, which I plan on addressing by next year for sure. My expectations will be high, unwise as I know that to be. But there it is.

So I don't know whether the evening fires I stoked made it through or were properly fed but not overfed as I've done in past years. I look to get that right every year and leave less wood to be hauled away or put out at the end of the night. I apologize for not being present for that activity. I was worn out and had to retreat to my cave.

The more condensed layout seemed to produce more compact round times and I dearly loved the playing with your buds on the first round for social purposes. The second, Calapooia-lubricated, round maybe takes a bit longer so problem alleviated maybe?

The setup seemed more streamlined and players were cut loose close to the 9 a.m. start shortly after. The field seemed thinner than usual, but maybe because I was standing on the outside and play didn't come close to the shelter, as it has in years past. 

Hope the food offering was well received and I have thoughts on better preparing Billy Gaskell's gift of marvelous mack and cheese I'll offer in a more targeted email. The COSTCO cookies didn't fly it appeared, but whatever. Surely the beer was as good as ever--lots of flavor and plenty of punch.

End of my grievances contribution. Nothing serious. Always a fun event I look for a more energized competition for spots working around Eugene's Ice Bowl. They need to move that date. Humility looks good on Ducks fan when so rarely exhibited.

Beavers are always humble. I think we're always interested in 1. what folks like about Festivus, 2. what might make it better and 3. what shouldn't be repeated--as an event. Some fools always going to over enjoy Mark Martin's products--though nobody ever passed out from chili, I guess.

My two cents spent or overspent. I like to get my money's worth.

I know people who have a lot of money, and they get testimonial dinners and get hospital wings named after them. But the truth is that nobody in the world loves them. That's the ultimate test of how you have lived your life. The trouble with love is that you can't buy it. You can buy sex. You can buy testimonial dinners. But the only way to get love is to be lovable. It's irritating if you have a lot of money.
                                                
~ The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett           




Festivus Update and Reminders

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,

It looks like we will need our rain gear for Festivus.
Bring your water proof shoes, rain jackets, umbrellas, and multiple towels.

Check in is 7:15-8:15, come early for better disc selection.
Players meeting at 8:30 and the first round starts at 9:00
See you Saturday

Here is the latest registration list:

First Name Last Name Division
Amber Cochran FW1
Nina Mcdonald FW1
Kimberly Halsey FPO
Toni Hoyman FPO
Amy Lewis FPO
Madison Tomaino FPO
Tyler Blais MA1
Andrew Boyle MA1
Devin Chadwick MA1
Nathan Graff MA1
Chris Hoff MA1
Sean Martin MA1
Micah Morehead MA1
Joe Nelson MA1
Grant Payne MA1
Kevin Puac MA1
Cole Stover MA1
Andrew Barlow MA2
Austin Bottcher MA2
Phil Dudenhoefer MA2
Rob Dudenhoefer MA2
Mckenzy Johnson MA2
Matthew Mansfield MA2
Manny Medina MA2
Sheldon Peterson MA2
Sean Sellers MA2
Josh Warner MA2
Zachary Wertz MA2
David Butkovich MA3
Kevin Carlson MA3
Ronald Cornelison MA3
Donald Kepple MA3
Chad Swanson MA3
Christian Tillotson MA3
Rick Godden MA40
Marc Haerling MA40
Jason Hill MA40
Mark Martin MA40
Scott Wales MA40
Don Alexander MA50
Darren Carter MA50
Mike Palermo MA50
Larry Peterson MA50
Jonathan Smith MA50
Mark Turley MA50
Bob Burton MA60
Bryce Downey MA60
Gary Erwin MA60
Eugene Fackler MA60
Mike Gibson MA60
Richard Hervey MA60
Robert Jones MA60
Bear Judge MA60
Dayna Reed MA60
Jeff Balllard MP40
Dan Beaudin MP40
Kelly Christiansen MP40
Jason Demeter MP40
Crist Garcia MP40
Billy Gaskill MP40
Kirk McCallister MP40
John Ollis MP40
Jason Pinkal MP40
Jesse Siebel MP40
Mike Storrs MP40
Jesse Tomaino MP40
Greg Johnson MP50
Steve Jones MP50
Jay Sexton MP50
Eric Smith MP50
Sean Delohery MPO
Terran Ferguson MPO
Shane Foreman MPO
Sam Gibson MPO
Justin Joers MPO
Dane Jones MPO
Shaun Kirk MPO
Michael Ray MPO
Tyler Redman MPO
Brad Rich MPO
Devin Ross MPO
Shane Waters MPO
Scott Withers MPO
Parker Wright MPO





Festivus 2019 - Sat, 02/02/2019 #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
Festivus 2019

When:
Saturday, 2 February 2019

Where:
Adair County Park

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:
17th Annual Event - Adair course with a few extra holes, altered holes, mandos etc.  
2 rounds of 22 holes with a lunch break between rounds.
The WDGC club members traditionally provide hot lunches for all participants.
Calapooia Brewing sponsored Feats of Strength - Keg throwing competition.
CTP's on many holes.

View Event


Re: Festivus if Full

Greg Johnson
 

I think we are doing good on food but the more the merrier.
I don't have anyone lined up for any form of non-alcohol beverages besides my bringing a water cooler.
I have plenty of utensils, bowls, cups, but light on large plates that can handle a sampling of good eats.
Bowls work for many of the dishes. Paper towels? or use golf towels to save a tree.

Here is the registration list follow by a division count summary.  The only divisions that I don't have the 3 player minimum, are the women's divisions. Probably just combine the Pros Women? Pair off to >50 & <50? TBD
14 Pro Masters tied with Open for largest division.  Only 4 Pro GM and Eric's been kicking my butt lately on my home course!

Amber Cochran FA1
Nina Mcdonald FA1
Kimberly Halsey FP40
Amanda Heitkamp FP40
Toni Hoyman FP40
Madison Tomaino FPO
Tyler Blais MA1
Andrew Boyle MA1
Devin Chadwick MA1
Eric Gregory MA1
Sean Martin MA1
Micah Morehead MA1
Joe Nelson MA1
Grant Payne MA1
Kevin Puac MA1
Cole Stover MA1
Jacob Velasco MA1
Andrew Barlow MA2
Austin Bottcher MA2
Phil Dudenhoefer MA2
Rob Dudenhoefer MA2
Nathan Graff MA2
Mckenzy Johnson MA2
Matthew Mansfield MA2
Manny Medina MA2
Sheldon Peterson MA2
Sean Sellers MA2
Josh Warner MA2
Zachary Wertz MA2
David Butkovich MA3
Kevin Carlson MA3
Ronald Cornelison MA3
Donald Kepple MA3
Chad Swanson MA3
Christian Tillotson MA3
Rick Godden MA40
Jason Hill MA40
Mark Martin MA40
Scott Wales MA40
Don Alexander MA50
Darren Carter MA50
Mike Palermo MA50
Larry Peterson MA50
Jonathan Smith MA50
Mark Turley MA50
Bob Burton MA60
Bryce Downey MA60
Gary Erwin MA60
Eugene Fackler MA60
Richard Hervey MA60
Robert Jones MA60
Bear Judge MA60
Dayna Reed MA60
Jeff Balllard MP40
Dan Beaudin MP40
Kelly Christiansen MP40
Jason Demeter MP40
John Diestelow MP40
Crist Garcia MP40
Billy Gaskill MP40
Russell Heitkamp MP40
Kirk McCallister MP40
John Ollis MP40
Jason Pinkal MP40
Jesse Siebel MP40
Mike Storrs MP40
Jesse Tomaino MP40
Greg Johnson MP50
Steve Jones MP50
Jay Sexton MP50
Eric Smith MP50
Sean Delohery MPO
Terran Ferguson MPO
Shane Foreman MPO
Sam Gibson MPO
Justin Joers MPO
Dane Jones MPO
Shaun Kirk MPO
Michael Ray MPO
Tyler Redman MPO
Brad Rich MPO
Devin Ross MPO
Shane Waters MPO
Scott Withers MPO
Parker Wright MPO

FA1 2
FP40 3
FPO 1
MA1 11
MA2 12
MA3 6
MA40 4
MA50 6
MA60 8
MP40 14
MP50 4
MPO 14




Discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:

Hi all,

Festivus is now full. I have closed the on-line registration,
I will try to get out a combined registration list in the next week.
everything is coming together.
I finalized the temporary holes today.
We will avoid the woods holes most players will finish their rounds closer to tournament central.

Thank you everyone
It is so much easier when registrations are complete before the day of the event.

Happy Festivus!

Greg


Re: Festivus if Full

Bill Gaskill
 

How are we doing on food, Greg? 


On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 11:00 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

Festivus is now full. I have closed the on-line registration,
I will try to get out a combined registration list in the next week.
everything is coming together.
I finalized the temporary holes today.
We will avoid the woods holes most players will finish their rounds closer to tournament central.

Thank you everyone
It is so much easier when registrations are complete before the day of the event.

Happy Festivus!

Greg


Re: Festivus if Full

marchaerling
 

Make me a second on the waitlist...was really bummed to see it sold out when I went to register this morning...but happy to see the event is off to great start!


On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 23:04 Mike Gibson via Groups.Io <disharoonone=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
First on backup list please.
Mike

I'm trying.



From: Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: Wdgc <wdgc@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 11:00 PM
Subject: [WDGC] Festivus if Full

Hi all,

Festivus is now full. I have closed the on-line registration,
I will try to get out a combined registration list in the next week.
everything is coming together.
I finalized the temporary holes today.
We will avoid the woods holes most players will finish their rounds closer to tournament central.

Thank you everyone
It is so much easier when registrations are complete before the day of the event.

Happy Festivus!

Greg



Re: Festivus if Full

Mike Gibson
 

First on backup list please.
Mike

I'm trying.



From: Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg@...>
To: Wdgc <wdgc@groups.io>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2019 11:00 PM
Subject: [WDGC] Festivus if Full

Hi all,

Festivus is now full. I have closed the on-line registration,
I will try to get out a combined registration list in the next week.
everything is coming together.
I finalized the temporary holes today.
We will avoid the woods holes most players will finish their rounds closer to tournament central.

Thank you everyone
It is so much easier when registrations are complete before the day of the event.

Happy Festivus!

Greg



Festivus if Full

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,

Festivus is now full. I have closed the on-line registration,
I will try to get out a combined registration list in the next week.
everything is coming together.
I finalized the temporary holes today.
We will avoid the woods holes most players will finish their rounds closer to tournament central.

Thank you everyone
It is so much easier when registrations are complete before the day of the event.

Happy Festivus!

Greg


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 01/07/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 7 January 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event


WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 01/07/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 7 January 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.

View Event