Date   

Re: call for agenda items

Doug Ulfers
 

I have a partial roll of sanded asphalt roofing the club can have... if deemed an appropriate material for preventing slipping.


On Jan 4, 2019, at 7:31 AM, marchaerling <XIIIMIH@...> wrote:

Might I suggest...if anyone knows where to get old asphalt roofing...from an old job, maybe hit up a contractor, they pay for disposal and would probably gladly let you take old stuff...could nail/screw it down to the steps.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 07:07 Everett Kaser <everett@... wrote:
Bryce wrote...
> I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
> last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
> can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
> are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
> backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
> work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================





Re: call for agenda items

marchaerling
 

Might I suggest...if anyone knows where to get old asphalt roofing...from an old job, maybe hit up a contractor, they pay for disposal and would probably gladly let you take old stuff...could nail/screw it down to the steps.


On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 07:07 Everett Kaser <everett@... wrote:
Bryce wrote...
> I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
> last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
> can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
> are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
> backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
> work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================





Re: call for agenda items

 

Bryce wrote...
I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.
That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


Re: call for agenda items

Bryce Downey
 

I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

Bryce

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:35 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello,

Please let us know if you have any agenda or action items that need discussion or update at the next regular meeting. There will not likely be much discussion at the pizza party, but we do want to stay on top of business items as best we can.

Thanks for your input!

Robert Voss
WDGC President


Re: call for agenda items

R E Lee
 

Robert, 
Just a comment for Adair: The steps between 9 and 10 are very slippery during the winter. Are there any suggestions from members as to how to address a potential safety issue?

Thanks! 
See you on Monday for pizza!  (vegetarian option preferred)

Karen Rasmussen Lee 

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 1:35 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@... wrote:
Hello,

Please let us know if you have any agenda or action items that need discussion or update at the next regular meeting. There will not likely be much discussion at the pizza party, but we do want to stay on top of business items as best we can.

Thanks for your input!

Robert Voss
WDGC President


call for agenda items

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

Please let us know if you have any agenda or action items that need discussion or update at the next regular meeting. There will not likely be much discussion at the pizza party, but we do want to stay on top of business items as best we can.

Thanks for your input!

Robert Voss
WDGC President


Re: Festivus 2019 - Sat, 02/02/2019 #cal-reminder

Greg Johnson
 

52 of 84 Spots are filled.  
20 remain open currently on 4discgolf.com
Registration could be closed following Monday's club meeting.
Picture of Trophies/Am Players packs attached.
The Silipints arrived today.
Innova is getting ready to stamp the discs.

Happy New Year
Greg


On Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:00:03 AM PST, main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:


Reminder:
Festivus 2019

When:
Saturday, 2 February 2019

Where:
Adair County Park

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:
17th Annual Event - Adair course with a few extra holes, altered holes, mandos etc.  
2 rounds of 22 holes with a lunch break between rounds.
The WDGC club members traditionally provide hot lunches for all participants.
Calapooia Brewing sponsored Feats of Strength - Keg throwing competition.
CTP's on many holes.

View Event


Festivus 2019 - Sat, 02/02/2019 #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
Festivus 2019

When:
Saturday, 2 February 2019

Where:
Adair County Park

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:
17th Annual Event - Adair course with a few extra holes, altered holes, mandos etc.  
2 rounds of 22 holes with a lunch break between rounds.
The WDGC club members traditionally provide hot lunches for all participants.
Calapooia Brewing sponsored Feats of Strength - Keg throwing competition.
CTP's on many holes.

View Event


Re: Festivus 2019

Bryce Downey
 

Hello Greg.  My registration will be mailed tomorrow. Did I already join the club? Does the registration fee include the clubs fee? I will not be able to attend the next meeting as we have out of town guests that night. Thanks again for the effort to arrange festivus and keep the WDGC alive. 

Bryce

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 9:19 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Attached is the flyer and offline registration form. I am putting 70 spots up on 4discgolf.com which should go live by Monday.
I reviewed the set up tonight.

I will get silipints and discs ordered this weekend.
due to color limitations I went back to the pints option.
orange or red with black text will be the am players pack option.
There will be Arctic Swirl (Blue/White) pints for trophies
I received very little feedback on disc models to order for custom discs.

I will be looking for hot food support from club members past and present.

Happy Festivus!
Greg


Re: PDGA Memberships

Robert Voss
 

Good morning and Merry Christmas,

There is a coupon code to use when renewing your PDGA membership online that we will give folks when they renew their club membership. (I will send it to you, Bill - if you promise to not forget the kiosk key for Willamette!).

The TD exam is only necessary if planning on running PDGA sanctioned events (or playing in majors). Although, it was a learning experience and only cost $10.


Robert



On Tue, Dec 25, 2018, 7:19 AM Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@... wrote:
I want to take the TD test and renew my membership.  What do I need to prove I'm an affiliate?

On Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 10:06 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Hi all,
I set up the WDGC Affiliate Membership with the PDGA today.
I paid the $25 fee to set this up.
Robert, I did not see an option to pay for the TD rules test at the same time.
I will reimburse the $10 if you do that on your own.
I have a coupon code to provide club members who renew their WDGC Membership to get them $5 off their PDGA membership.
I don't think any of us have paid our 2019 Membership dues yet.
Best regards,
Greg Johnson


Re: PDGA Memberships

Bill Gaskill
 

I want to take the TD test and renew my membership.  What do I need to prove I'm an affiliate?


On Sun, Dec 16, 2018, 10:06 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Hi all,
I set up the WDGC Affiliate Membership with the PDGA today.
I paid the $25 fee to set this up.
Robert, I did not see an option to pay for the TD rules test at the same time.
I will reimburse the $10 if you do that on your own.
I have a coupon code to provide club members who renew their WDGC Membership to get them $5 off their PDGA membership.
I don't think any of us have paid our 2019 Membership dues yet.
Best regards,
Greg Johnson


Letter from the new President

Robert Voss
 

Hello!

Happy holidays and happy New Year! I am proud and humbled to serve as the 2019 Willamette Disc Golf Club President. We are a diverse club, but our members have a couple of very important thing in common: a passion for the sport and a desire to maintain our courses and grow the sport in the greater Corvallis area community. The 2019 Executive Board, including Richard Hervey as Vice President, John Ross as secretary, and Greg Johnson as treasurer, has some exciting things coming up to help achieve these important goals.

I begin this journey with much excitement, and some lofty objectives. Priority number one will be managing our internet presence and public image, and working on community outreach to rebuild our membership and enthusiasm. A successful project to build something is one shared and created with the people who live there. I will work diligently to bridge generations by hearing and responding to member and community concerns, and to hold more events to bring us together. Business must get done, but the social aspect of the club will be a focus going forward.


In December, we had glow golf at Willamette and an Ace race that saw about $450 paid out to the players. We’ve signed up with PDGA as an Affiliate club, have a newly certified TD, and have started the process of sanctioning the Willamette Open. In 2019 we will have the ongoing club projects such as the course maintenance and greens keeping by Bill Gaskill at Willamette and Kelly Christiansen at Adair, and have some fun work parties. Adair has recently undergone a construction project, and though they did a great job or repairing and replacing what they could, there is some work that will need to be done before Festivus. We have a two-division handicap league starting up soon. I also have schemes to get Saturday morning doubles restarted. At a minimum, we will have 4 club sponsored tournaments; we will continue to have Festivus, as well as we will bring back the Willamette Open and President’s Cup, with the Open planned be a sanctioned PDGA event. The Vets Helping Vets Tournament in October was a success and and is planned to return, as well as Scott Withers’ Oktoberfest at Adair. We participated in a school day to introduce middle school aged kids to disc golf that went fantastic, and it sounds like we will do it again, maybe annually. We have a list of course improvements for both Willamette and Adair that we will begin proposing to the city and accomplishing one by one. There will certainly be no shortage of opportunities to participate in 2019!


These are just some of the projects we have going on right now, but we are always looking for new ideas and more members to share in the fun! Our members come from all walks of life and we embrace every age, race, religion, and orientation. Attending one of our meetings is completely free, and all are welcome, so please encourage friends and acquaintances to become new members. I hope to see you at our next meeting on January 7 at Woodstock’s Pizza at 6 PM!


May 2019 be full of peace, prosperity, and many rounds of great golf for you!



Robert Voss



Re: Festivus 2019

Kimberly Halsey
 

Hi Greg - Steve will contribute something yummy and warm and meaty.

Kim


Kimberly Halsey
Associate Professor
Department of Microbiology
Oregon State University
541-737-1831




On Dec 16, 2018, at 10:14 PM, Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg@...> wrote:

Festivus 2019 Registration goes live on 4discgolf.com at 6pm PST on Monday.

Greg J


Re: Festivus 2019

Greg Johnson
 

Festivus 2019 Registration goes live on 4discgolf.com at 6pm PST on Monday.

Greg J


PDGA Memberships

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,
I set up the WDGC Affiliate Membership with the PDGA today.
I paid the $25 fee to set this up.
Robert, I did not see an option to pay for the TD rules test at the same time.
I will reimburse the $10 if you do that on your own.
I have a coupon code to provide club members who renew their WDGC Membership to get them $5 off their PDGA membership.
I don't think any of us have paid our 2019 Membership dues yet.
Best regards,
Greg Johnson


Re: Festivus 2019

Bill Gaskill
 

Woohoo!! I'm off this year!

I'm in and will commit to 2 large pans of my "famous?" mac and cheese.

Billy

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018, 9:19 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Hi all,

Attached is the flyer and offline registration form. I am putting 70 spots up on 4discgolf.com which should go live by Monday.
I reviewed the set up tonight.

I will get silipints and discs ordered this weekend.
due to color limitations I went back to the pints option.
orange or red with black text will be the am players pack option.
There will be Arctic Swirl (Blue/White) pints for trophies
I received very little feedback on disc models to order for custom discs.

I will be looking for hot food support from club members past and present.

Happy Festivus!
Greg


Re: Festivus 2019

Robert Voss
 

I'll bring a pot of ham and Navy bean soup.

Rob


Re: Festivus 2019

Richard Hervey
 

Greg,

I was remembering that you were going to offer up the Innova order form for me to send out to Old Farts, so they could work to provide disc ordering guidance on lighter weight plastic.  Did I miss an email?

Richard


On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 9:19 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

Attached is the flyer and offline registration form. I am putting 70 spots up on 4discgolf.com which should go live by Monday.
I reviewed the set up tonight.

I will get silipints and discs ordered this weekend.
due to color limitations I went back to the pints option.
orange or red with black text will be the am players pack option.
There will be Arctic Swirl (Blue/White) pints for trophies
I received very little feedback on disc models to order for custom discs.

I will be looking for hot food support from club members past and present.

Happy Festivus!
Greg



--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


Re: Festivus 2019

Jay Sexton
 

Greg,
Count us in for Veg Chili

Jay & Toni


Re: Festivus 2019

Greg Johnson
 

are you suggesting new post series for Festivus food on FB?

On Friday, December 14, 2018, 10:19:57 PM PST, Bryce Downey <dbrycedowney@...> wrote:


Hey Greg, maybe a posting on the volunteering of food selections could aid your efforts to coordinate the plan allowing you to not have to respond to each inquiry and for 'us' to be able to bring things to the party. I will plan to be there but a trip may be bumped to that weekend. I will find out soon.

Bryce

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 9:42 PM Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Greg wrote...
> I will be looking for hot food support from club members past and
> present.

If my figuring is correct, I *believe* I will be available, so I'm
tentatively planning on bringing a pot of Cheesy Clam Chowder and
taking care of the food shack. I'll let you know for sure in 2-3
weeks.

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================




241 - 260 of 2186