Date   

Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 09/09/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 9 September 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: Updated Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Monday, 9 September 2019 #cal-invite

Robert Voss
 

Apologies for extra emails folks. Yesterday, I got a meeting reminder for today, which is a holiday, so no meeting tonight. I changed the date and it sent another eminder that confused some folks.

Due to the holiday, the meeting is next Monday, the 9th, at 7 PM at Woodstock's.

Best regards,

Rob



On Sun, Sep 1, 2019, 6:43 PM main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:

WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 9 September 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 09/02/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

Bryce Downey
 

It appears that the automatic reminder is not programmed to recognize holiday times. I suspect that the meeting is 9/9/19. Not Labor Day. Woodstock's web site doesn't specify if they're open or not. 

Bryce Downey 

On Sun, Sep 1, 2019, 6:00 PM main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@wdgc.groups.io> wrote:

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 2 September 2019, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Updated Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Monday, 9 September 2019 #cal-invite

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When:
Monday, 9 September 2019
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

Description:
Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 09/02/2019 6:00pm-7:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 2 September 2019, 6:00pm to 7:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Adair Course Closure Sunday - Monday of upcoming Labor Day weekend

Greg Johnson
 

Pretty much the whole park is reserved for overnight camping for the Squirrel's Party.  Most holes will not be safely playable by late morning on Sunday until mid-day Monday when everyone clears out.

Someone please post something similar on FB.

Cheers,

Greg J


Re: HISTORY: Presidents & Cups

 

Just found one other minor note: the actual date for the 2011 Cup.
This is probably as good as I'm going to get the list, unless anyone
else can provide further history.

YYYY/MM/DD

1999-2001-ish Cris and/or Teresa Bellinger ???
2002 ?
2003 ?
2004 ?
2005 ? - Mark Martin @ Walnut Barn Park???
2006/09/02 - Mark Martin hosts the P.Cup safari-style @ Adair.
2007/10/21 - Mark Martin & Brandon Hill host joint WDGC/DGCA P.Cup
at North Albany Park.
2008/11/01 - Jay Sexton Pres, Mark Martin ran Cup @ Mary's River Park
in Philomath
2009/10/24 - Jay Sexton hosts P.Cup, possibly @ Fort Hoskins, Beazell,
or Walnut or...???
2010 ? - Jay Sexton ... ???
2011/12/03 - Everett Kaser hosts at Adair
2012/12/08 - Everett Kaser hosts at Adair
2013/12/?? - Jay Sexton cancels P.Cup due to snow
2014/02/09 - Jay Sexton cancels P.Cup due to wind and window-makers
2014/03/09 - Jay Sexton hosts 2013 P.Cup @ Bellfountain Park
2014/12/07 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ North Albany
2015/12/12 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ LBCC
2016/10/23 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ Sarah Helmick Park (maybe)
2017 ? - Mike Storrs ... ???
2018/??/?? - Sean Delohery ...???
2019/10/?? - Robert Voss (maybe)

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


Re: HISTORY: Presidents & Cups

 

Everett wrote...
In another thread elsewhere in a galaxy far, far away, Jay wrote...
Was it Walnut Barn Park?
I seem to remember some event out there some-when, but here's what
I've been able to dig up so far on who was President and when/where
the Cup occurred. The first Cup appears to have been in either 2005
or 2006. How many years was Mark Martin the President?
Just found another tidbit: Mark Martin had asked me Aug 2007 to check
with Benton County Parks about hosting a tournament at Fort Hoskins.
I did, they denied it, and in Mark's reply to my reply to him with
this news, he said:

I had thought of North Albany Park, but have a few others in mind
as well. I could always just do it. Meaning, don't ask and just
show up and run the event, which is what I may do with a site like
Beazell (sp.) just down the road from Hoskins. That's what I did
two years ago at Walnut Barn (now MLK Park).
So, Mark DID run an event in 2005 at Walnut Barn Park.

YYYY/MM/DD
1999-2001-ish Cris and/or Teresa Bellinger ???
2002 ?
2003 ?
2004 ?
2005 ? - Mark Martin @ Walnut Barn Park???
2006/09/02 - Mark Martin hosts the P.Cup safari-style @ Adair.
2007/10/21 - Mark Martin & Brandon Hill host joint WDGC/DGCA P.Cup
at North Albany Park.
2008/11/01 - Jay Sexton Pres, Mark Martin ran Cup @ Mary's River Park
in Philomath
2009/10/24 - Jay Sexton hosts P.Cup, possibly @ Fort Hoskins, Beazell,
or Walnut or...???
2010 ? - Jay Sexton ... ???
2011/11or12/?? - Everett Kaser hosts at Adair
2012/12/08 - Everett Kaser hosts at Adair
2013/12/?? - Jay Sexton cancels P.Cup due to snow
2014/02/09 - Jay Sexton cancels P.Cup due to wind and window-makers
2014/03/09 - Jay Sexton hosts 2013 P.Cup @ Bellfountain Park
2014/12/07 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ North Albany
2015/12/12 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ LBCC
2016/10/23 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ Sarah Helmick Park (maybe)
2017 ? - Mike Storrs ... ???
2018/??/?? - Sean Delohery ...???
2019/10/?? - Robert Voss (maybe)
Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


HISTORY: Presidents & Cups

 

In another thread elsewhere in a galaxy far, far away, Jay wrote...
Was it Walnut Barn Park?
I seem to remember some event out there some-when, but here's what
I've been able to dig up so far on who was President and when/where
the Cup occurred. The first Cup appears to have been in either 2005
or 2006. How many years was Mark Martin the President?

YYYY/MM/DD

1999-2001-ish Cris and/or Teresa Bellinger ???
2002 ?
2003 ?
2004 ?
2005 ?
2006/09/02 - Mark Martin hosts the P.Cup safari-style @ Adair.
2007/10/21 - Mark Martin & Brandon Hill host joint WDGC/DGCA P.Cup
at North Albany Park.
2008/11/01 - Jay Sexton Pres, Mark Martin ran Cup @ Mary's River Park
in Philomath
2009/10/24 - Jay Sexton hosts P.Cup, possibly @ Fort Hoskins, Beazell,
or Walnut or...???
2010 ? - Jay Sexton ... ???
2011/11or12/?? - Everett Kaser hosts at Adair
2012/12/08 - Everett Kaser hosts at Adair
2013/12/?? - Jay Sexton cancels P.Cup due to snow
2014/02/09 - Jay Sexton cancels P.Cup due to wind and window-makers
2014/03/09 - Jay Sexton hosts 2013 P.Cup @ Bellfountain Park
2014/12/07 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ North Albany
2015/12/12 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ LBCC
2016/10/23 - Mike Storrs hosts P.Cup @ Sarah Helmick Park (maybe)
2017 ? - Mike Storrs ... ???
2018/??/?? - Sean Delohery ...???
2019/10/?? - Robert Voss (maybe)

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================


Tonight's agenda and July minutes

Richard Hervey
 

Attached and below is the agenda for tonight's meeting.  Also attached are last month's minutes.
Richard

Time

Min

Person

Topic/Goal

7:00

8

All

*Check in – 2 min. per person

7:08

2

Richard

Meeting agenda overview, modification, and approval

7:10

5

All

Announcements

7:15

2

Richard

Approval of Minutes from July 1, 2019 (WDGC July 1 2019 Meeting Minutes.pdf)

7:17

1

Richard

Action Item Review

No action items identified at the last meeting

7:18

10

Robert

President’s report:

Fill the Basket for Food Share

Progress on upcoming tournaments

Progress on Willamette course maintenance

Progress on Tee sign purchase

7:28

1

Richard

Vice President’s report

7:29

2

Greg

Treasurer’s report

7:31

4

Kelly/Billy

Greenskeepers reports

7:35

8

Robert

Disc Golf Classes through Parks and Rec

7:43

2

Richard

Meeting Debrief

7:45

3

Richard

Set / Affirm Agenda Items for Next meeting.  Review action items for next meeting.

7:48

2

Richard

***Check out

7:50

 

Richard

Adjourn


--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 08/05/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 5 August 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 08/05/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 5 August 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 07/01/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 July 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 07/01/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 1 July 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: Willamette Tee Signs Vote

Richard Hervey
 

Looks good to me.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 10:18 AM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello,

Please see the attached tee see design for club approval. The club had already voted to go ahead with this project, so this vote is a final yes or no on the overall design. Do not be concerned with the details of the map of the hole - that will be refined next - this is simply an example of the overall design.

Design note: There are holes through the tee sign design next to the pin locations and distances - the current location will marked by installing a 3D printed "bolt" that marks the pin location on the sign. Since we have multiple HP people on club staff, these are easy to get and easy to replace.

This design has gone through a couple of iterations before now. It has been designed to fit certain requirements and parameters given by the City, as well as what the club discussed at meetings, and the changes from the club meeting discussion this month.

This has been in the works for some time. There are not a lot of changes that can be done to it at this point - so, unless you really have some major issue with it, please vote yes so we can move forward.

Please reply to this email with a yes or no vote. Voting will be open through July 1, 2019.

If you vote no, please give at least a short reason explaining what you would like to see changed.

Also, for those of you who have not yet accepted the invite to groups.io, please do so. You must accept the invite to be added to the voting members subgroup. It is way easier to email one address list than try to figure out who isn't on the list and add them to the emails.

Thanks!

Robert



--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


Update on WDGC mower

Greg Johnson
 

It has been repaired for $60, picked up and on my trailer back in Blodgett shed.
Billy can't keep it at his house.
Once the city does a thorough mowing at Willamette Billy will be able to work on the leftovers and some others to weedwhack the dragons teeth and other spots mowers can't get to. I would like to set up a place to store it by the shed at Adair without my trailer.



Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 06/03/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 3 June 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: tee sign design

Richard Hervey
 

just in case you get to Tunison before me tonight - the door code this week is:
222539.  The desk person did not sound completely competent.  I asked about did I need to push the # sign after.  She ended up saying I should start with the # sign.  In my previous experience, I did note that it is important to note whether your push of each button registers.  So, you may have to play with it.  Hopefully, I'll be there ahead of you to enter the number.

Richard


On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 9:34 AM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Apologies folks. I still do not have the official tee sign design as of this morning, but feel like I need to send out something before the meeting tonight... Here is the tee sign design proposal. I had to modify this myself, so it is not technically the real deal.

The tee sign itself is 9 x 12 inches. I propose to use the existing 4x4 posts. The sponsor sign will be a separate plaque for easier and less expensive replacement. Besides what we can see in the picture, my vision was to get the vinyl post covers with caps to encase the 4x4 posts. It will make them both look better and last longer. As well, for at least the holes with pin locations that are not visible, I would also like to mark pin locations. I REALLY like how they do it out al Albany with a couple holes drilled in the sign and a lock to mark the position. Simple, effective, and relatively safe from vandalism. The other option I explored is doing the eye bolts for locations and bolt/nut to mark it like it is done at Adair.

We can discuss some more of this tonight, but I want to at least put out there that, primarily due to budget constraints, we will not be getting much more complicated or fancy with the signs. We may add a piece of information or change the color theme, for instance, but we necessarily need to try to limit it. All said and done, the current proposal comes in at over $100 per sign assuming all the 4x4 posts are ready to go.

Robert



--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken


tee sign design

Robert Voss
 

Apologies folks. I still do not have the official tee sign design as of this morning, but feel like I need to send out something before the meeting tonight... Here is the tee sign design proposal. I had to modify this myself, so it is not technically the real deal.

The tee sign itself is 9 x 12 inches. I propose to use the existing 4x4 posts. The sponsor sign will be a separate plaque for easier and less expensive replacement. Besides what we can see in the picture, my vision was to get the vinyl post covers with caps to encase the 4x4 posts. It will make them both look better and last longer. As well, for at least the holes with pin locations that are not visible, I would also like to mark pin locations. I REALLY like how they do it out al Albany with a couple holes drilled in the sign and a lock to mark the position. Simple, effective, and relatively safe from vandalism. The other option I explored is doing the eye bolts for locations and bolt/nut to mark it like it is done at Adair.

We can discuss some more of this tonight, but I want to at least put out there that, primarily due to budget constraints, we will not be getting much more complicated or fancy with the signs. We may add a piece of information or change the color theme, for instance, but we necessarily need to try to limit it. All said and done, the current proposal comes in at over $100 per sign assuming all the 4x4 posts are ready to go.

Robert


Agenda for Tomorrow's WDGC meeting

Richard Hervey
 

Good Evening golfers,

Attached and below are the agenda and attachments for tomorrow's 7:00 pm meeting at the Tunison Community Room.  Please note that we will deciding about the proposed Willy tee sign design and funding.

Richard

Time

Min

Person

Topic/Goal

7:00

8

All

*Check in – 2 min. per person

7:08

2

Richard

Meeting agenda overview, modification, and approval

7:10

5

All

Announcements

7:15

2

Richard

Approval of Minutes from May 6, 2019 (WDGC_Meeting_Minutes_05062019.docx)

7:17

2

Richard

Action Item Review

Richard  -          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations.

Robert - -    Pass down info to Mark for secretary

-          Bring full proposal for tee signs to next meeting

7:19

4

Robert

President’s report

7:23

4

Richard

Vice President’s report

7:27

2

Greg

Treasurer’s report

7:29

4

Kelly/Billy

Greenskeepers reports

7:33

10

Robert

Tee Sign Decision  (DG TEE SIGN V2 with sponsor.pdf)

7:43

10

Greg

Update and Discussion on Mower Status

7:53

2

Richard

Meeting Debrief

7:55

3

Richard

Set / Affirm Agenda Items for Next meeting.  Review action items for next meeting.

7:58

2

Richard

***Check out

8:00

 

Richard

Adjourn




--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken