Date   

Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 06/03/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 3 June 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Re: June meeting, tee signs

Bill Gaskill
 

The mower is with Lige (bless his soul) again and may be a lost cause. He's doing compression testing on the engine.

Also, the hydraulic steering issue is getting worse.  I think it may be time to call it quits and start a club fund for a new(er) mower in truth. 

On Tue, May 28, 2019, 4:35 PM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It would be good to get an update on the mower status from Billy. It's prime time for mowing needs.



On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 4:26 PM, Robert Voss
Hello again,

Here is the standard call for agenda items for the next meeting. Let us know if there is something we need to discuss. We will be back at Tunison Community Center at 7 PM on June 3rd.

Also, a tee signs update: my apologies that I have not sent out the promised design. I have had a lot of trouble with getting artwork to the shop and getting the proof done. Thank goodness we have Kelly Christiansen, because I had to call in the big guns for help and he saved the day. Again. I was told today that all is well and we should have something to look at tomorrow or the next day.


Rob


Re: June meeting, tee signs

Greg Johnson
 

It would be good to get an update on the mower status from Billy. It's prime time for mowing needs.



On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 4:26 PM, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello again,

Here is the standard call for agenda items for the next meeting. Let us know if there is something we need to discuss. We will be back at Tunison Community Center at 7 PM on June 3rd.

Also, a tee signs update: my apologies that I have not sent out the promised design. I have had a lot of trouble with getting artwork to the shop and getting the proof done. Thank goodness we have Kelly Christiansen, because I had to call in the big guns for help and he saved the day. Again. I was told today that all is well and we should have something to look at tomorrow or the next day.


Rob


June meeting, tee signs

Robert Voss
 

Hello again,

Here is the standard call for agenda items for the next meeting. Let us know if there is something we need to discuss. We will be back at Tunison Community Center at 7 PM on June 3rd.

Also, a tee signs update: my apologies that I have not sent out the promised design. I have had a lot of trouble with getting artwork to the shop and getting the proof done. Thank goodness we have Kelly Christiansen, because I had to call in the big guns for help and he saved the day. Again. I was told today that all is well and we should have something to look at tomorrow or the next day.


Rob


Introductory disc golf classes

Robert Voss
 

Hello WDGC folks!

Who would be interested in teaching an introductory disc golf class as a volunteer? You do not need to be a pro. The club is going to host two sessions in September and January that will be offered through Corvallis Parks and Rec. I have already done all the paperwork with the City, and they are excited to add this program. We will plan to be at Willamette with a gym location available (through the City at no cost) as a backup if the weather is too much. We may also add intermediate and advanced classes as summer opportunities.

I also got all of our leagues and tournaments listed in the semi-annual Activities Guide that gets mailed out to Corvallis residents and is available online. They will be listed with our class offerings. At the end of it, we will have an entire page in the Activities guide devoted to disc golf opportunities in Corvallis brought to you by Willamette Disc Golf Club. I'm quite excited about this and I hope some others will be, too!

About volunteering as instructor: you will be a City of Corvallis volunteer and dealing with kids, so there is a super short application and they do a background check (free for volunteers). Each class session will run 2 hours over 4 Saturdays, so 8 days and 16 hours total. I am looking at Sept 14 to Oct 5, and Jan 11 through Feb 1. It will be after handicap league that time of year, so start will be about 1 PM.

Remember you don't have to be a pro to help teach an intro class - all you need is a good attitude! Whether you can help out one day or every day, we would love to have a few good folks!

This aligns with our club purposes of working with local governments to expand disc golf opportunities, providing and supporting opportunities for organized play at various levels, helping educate new people about the benefits disc golf, and outreach to encourage proper rules and etiquette among casual golfers. It also aligns with our goals to promote and grow the sport of disc golf, promote safe play and proper adherence to the rules, and to promote play by underrepresented groups such women, youth, different cultural groups, and seniors.

If this goes well, it could turn into something a lot bigger that would be good for the community and the sport of disc golf.

Contact Robert Voss if interested in helping out. Thanks!


Typed on my phone - sorry if some spelling or grammar is bad.


WDGC May meeting and tee signs update

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

Additions to the meeting minutes:
- Total membership is at 40 plus another 10 family members.
- Scott donated 18 Discraft discs leftover from the April Fools Doubles tournament.
- We gave away 15 discs for CTPs at the Blodgett tournament.
- There were 28 players and Greg won the Ace Pot.


Willamette tee signs update:
I will have a tee sign design for Willamette by the June meeting. I planned to have it to send out with this email, but the design is being tweaked and the bylaws specify that I have to give notice of a vote at least two weeks before the meeting - so I am sending out the notice now. I will send out a design when I have one that I want to show to people.

The June meeting will be the one opportunity to have input on the signs. We are not going to wait multiple months for meetings and votes to be able move forward on this project that is holding up my being able to work on any other projects!


Robert


Re: May meeting minutes and documents

Greg Johnson
 

Good Summary Robert.
Please send me info to pay for mower rental. Send me portable toilet rental bill for Nate's event and I will reimburse you from the club account. That should give you more to work with for league.
Additions:
Total membership is at 40 plus another 10 family members.
Scott donated 18 Discraft discs leftover from the April Fools doubles.
We gave away 15 discs for CTPs at the Blodgett tournament. 28 players. 
Greg won the Ace Pot


On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 3:16 PM, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Attached are the May meeting minutes and referenced documents. The meeting minutes are also pasted below.

Robert




Meeting minutes, May 6, 2019

Willamette Disc Golf Club

 

Attendance:

Malia Mickulin, Marc Haerling, Robert Voss, Greg Johnson, Kelly Christiansen, Richard Hervey, Scott Hessel, Nic Stevens, Billy Gaskill, Mark Turley,

 

 

Meeting start at 7:05 PM

-          Robert ran the meeting without an official agenda as is typical at the pizza meetings.

 

Member check-ins

-          Richard’s ribs are feeling much better and he has played a couple of rounds. Headed to Whistler’s with the “old guys” on Thursday.

-          Greg’s work group from HP is having a picnic and playing disc golf at Willy on Friday.

-          Scott played a doubles event at Serene this last weekend. Reports the course is well groomed and playing great.

-          Robert played out at Dexter and Cottage Grove this last weekend. Reports that Dexter is well groomed and playing great. The Grove, on the other hand, had piles of trash at every hole. Seemed like the course well taken care of, but I could not get past the sheer amount of trash.

-          Greg also reported that there was no reservation for the room at Woodstocks. Greg will take responsibility for making the reservations for Woodstocks meetings (Richard will continue to handle the Tunison reservations with the City of Corvallis).

 

Officer reports

VP (Richard)

-          No updates

Secretary (N/A)

-          Position was vacant to start the meeting

Treasurer (Greg)

-          No updates

Disc Czar (Greg)

-          We have some new discs, and some are fundraiser discs

o   Corvettes with special stamps down to 167g - $17 and almost half goes towards supporting the Willamette Open. 9 left

o   Barsby Roadrunners and Wysocki Star Destroyers, both available in super light weights, and both will support the Fill the Basket for Share Tournament with a $5 donation per disc. 4 left of each

Adair green keeper (Kelly)

-          Has installed new locks on almost all the baskets. A couple need some TLC to get things aligned and the locks to fit.

-          AUGUST 4 is a MS150 ride, and there will be an aid station at Adair Park. It will be around the back in the loop, but there will be A LOT of extra traffic that day.

o   We’ll want to put up signs before the event to warn people.

-          Some baskets have been moved.

Willamette Green Keeper (Billy)

-          Talked about the tree clean up that was done. We didn’t intend to have the entire tree removed on 3. The City went forward without discussion and cleared the area.

-          Billy did A LOT of mowing out at Willamette (since the City had not done any at all and the grass was getting insane).

-          The City is supposed to be out there this week to take care of the mowing.

-          Lots of baskets have been moved.

President (Robert)

-          Have not heard anything from City on powder coat proposal. Considering pulling the proposal in favor of replacing the baskets.

o   The proposal for the kiosk renovation and honoring our champions is pretty much done, but I back-burnered it while waiting for some kind of feedback on the powder coat proposal (before turning in another one).

-          Sean has not had time to make progress on tee signs project. Robert will take over.

o   Discussed the progress with Houck designs.

-          Introduced a proposal for an organizational change to a board structure. Proposal document attached.

o   Will require bylaws changes. A document outlining the changes is also attached. Strikethroughs are deletions and red text is insertions.

 

Other agenda items

-          Mark Turley was nominated and seconded for club secretary, and unanimously voted into the position.

o   Robert will pass info/logins down to Mark

-          Greg talked about the invitational at his place. Went well. Course is in great shape and playing well. If folks want to go out there to play it, just call Greg. Plan to bring a friend, because spotters really are good on some holes.

-          Sunday dubs is still going. Club money is up to about $61.

o   Some of our club went to the Coast the last week of April as part of our new exchange program. Happy to say that the valley guys cleaned up!

o   The Coast club will be coming here May 26th.

-          Tuesday handicap league started off great with 12 people the first week and 18 the second week

o    I have a -$18 balance in my ledger at this time after paying for the reservation and portable toilet for the Sexton Shootout in June. Some of that I paid out of pocket so I have about $75 cash in my till for league.

-          Upcoming tournaments (bold are WDGC tournaments)

o   May 25 - Trilogy Challenge at Willamette (me)

o   May 26 – MVP Circuit Challenge

o   Jun 1 - Sexton Shootout - Adair (Nate Sexton)

o   July 21 - Fill the Basket for Food Share - Adair (me)

o   Aug 17 - Willamette Open PDGA C-Tier (me)

o   Aug 24&25 - Calapooia Classic at Adair (Albany Club)

o   Sep 21 - President's Cup - Adair (me)

o   Oct 5    - Vets Helping Vets Charity - Willamette (Robert C.)

o   Oct ? – Oktoberfest – Adair (Scott Withers)

-          Robert has authorized Richard to speak with the City with full authority and on behalf of the club. He will act as my liaison to the City.

-          Mentioned the new baskets project and what I found out so far.

o   Greg said that the club has authorized new tee signs and that it should be more important than starting a new project.

o   We will get the tee signs done before we further discuss baskets

-          We decided that it is better to come to meetings with thought out and written proposals so as to not waste time discussing.

 

 

Action items:

Richard

-          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations. (I forgot to ask about this at the meeting)

Robert

-          Pass down info to Mark for secretary

-          Bring full proposal for tee signs to next meeting

-           


May meeting minutes and documents

Robert Voss
 

Attached are the May meeting minutes and referenced documents. The meeting minutes are also pasted below.

Robert




Meeting minutes, May 6, 2019

Willamette Disc Golf Club

 

Attendance:

Malia Mickulin, Marc Haerling, Robert Voss, Greg Johnson, Kelly Christiansen, Richard Hervey, Scott Hessel, Nic Stevens, Billy Gaskill, Mark Turley,

 

 

Meeting start at 7:05 PM

-          Robert ran the meeting without an official agenda as is typical at the pizza meetings.

 

Member check-ins

-          Richard’s ribs are feeling much better and he has played a couple of rounds. Headed to Whistler’s with the “old guys” on Thursday.

-          Greg’s work group from HP is having a picnic and playing disc golf at Willy on Friday.

-          Scott played a doubles event at Serene this last weekend. Reports the course is well groomed and playing great.

-          Robert played out at Dexter and Cottage Grove this last weekend. Reports that Dexter is well groomed and playing great. The Grove, on the other hand, had piles of trash at every hole. Seemed like the course well taken care of, but I could not get past the sheer amount of trash.

-          Greg also reported that there was no reservation for the room at Woodstocks. Greg will take responsibility for making the reservations for Woodstocks meetings (Richard will continue to handle the Tunison reservations with the City of Corvallis).

 

Officer reports

VP (Richard)

-          No updates

Secretary (N/A)

-          Position was vacant to start the meeting

Treasurer (Greg)

-          No updates

Disc Czar (Greg)

-          We have some new discs, and some are fundraiser discs

o   Corvettes with special stamps down to 167g - $17 and almost half goes towards supporting the Willamette Open. 9 left

o   Barsby Roadrunners and Wysocki Star Destroyers, both available in super light weights, and both will support the Fill the Basket for Share Tournament with a $5 donation per disc. 4 left of each

Adair green keeper (Kelly)

-          Has installed new locks on almost all the baskets. A couple need some TLC to get things aligned and the locks to fit.

-          AUGUST 4 is a MS150 ride, and there will be an aid station at Adair Park. It will be around the back in the loop, but there will be A LOT of extra traffic that day.

o   We’ll want to put up signs before the event to warn people.

-          Some baskets have been moved.

Willamette Green Keeper (Billy)

-          Talked about the tree clean up that was done. We didn’t intend to have the entire tree removed on 3. The City went forward without discussion and cleared the area.

-          Billy did A LOT of mowing out at Willamette (since the City had not done any at all and the grass was getting insane).

-          The City is supposed to be out there this week to take care of the mowing.

-          Lots of baskets have been moved.

President (Robert)

-          Have not heard anything from City on powder coat proposal. Considering pulling the proposal in favor of replacing the baskets.

o   The proposal for the kiosk renovation and honoring our champions is pretty much done, but I back-burnered it while waiting for some kind of feedback on the powder coat proposal (before turning in another one).

-          Sean has not had time to make progress on tee signs project. Robert will take over.

o   Discussed the progress with Houck designs.

-          Introduced a proposal for an organizational change to a board structure. Proposal document attached.

o   Will require bylaws changes. A document outlining the changes is also attached. Strikethroughs are deletions and red text is insertions.

 

Other agenda items

-          Mark Turley was nominated and seconded for club secretary, and unanimously voted into the position.

o   Robert will pass info/logins down to Mark

-          Greg talked about the invitational at his place. Went well. Course is in great shape and playing well. If folks want to go out there to play it, just call Greg. Plan to bring a friend, because spotters really are good on some holes.

-          Sunday dubs is still going. Club money is up to about $61.

o   Some of our club went to the Coast the last week of April as part of our new exchange program. Happy to say that the valley guys cleaned up!

o   The Coast club will be coming here May 26th.

-          Tuesday handicap league started off great with 12 people the first week and 18 the second week

o    I have a -$18 balance in my ledger at this time after paying for the reservation and portable toilet for the Sexton Shootout in June. Some of that I paid out of pocket so I have about $75 cash in my till for league.

-          Upcoming tournaments (bold are WDGC tournaments)

o   May 25 - Trilogy Challenge at Willamette (me)

o   May 26 – MVP Circuit Challenge

o   Jun 1 - Sexton Shootout - Adair (Nate Sexton)

o   July 21 - Fill the Basket for Food Share - Adair (me)

o   Aug 17 - Willamette Open PDGA C-Tier (me)

o   Aug 24&25 - Calapooia Classic at Adair (Albany Club)

o   Sep 21 - President's Cup - Adair (me)

o   Oct 5    - Vets Helping Vets Charity - Willamette (Robert C.)

o   Oct ? – Oktoberfest – Adair (Scott Withers)

-          Robert has authorized Richard to speak with the City with full authority and on behalf of the club. He will act as my liaison to the City.

-          Mentioned the new baskets project and what I found out so far.

o   Greg said that the club has authorized new tee signs and that it should be more important than starting a new project.

o   We will get the tee signs done before we further discuss baskets

-          We decided that it is better to come to meetings with thought out and written proposals so as to not waste time discussing.

 

 

Action items:

Richard

-          Follow up with City on future Tunison reservations. (I forgot to ask about this at the meeting)

Robert

-          Pass down info to Mark for secretary

-          Bring full proposal for tee signs to next meeting

-           


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 05/06/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 6 May 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Upcoming Event: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST) - Mon, 05/06/2019 7:00pm-8:00pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: WDGC monthly club meeting (DST)

When: Monday, 6 May 2019, 7:00pm to 8:00pm, (GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:ODD MONTHS: Woodstock's Pizza back room, Kings Blvd, Corvallis, OR -- EVEN MONTHS: Tunison Park hall, 365 SW Tunison Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333 in south Corvallis

View Event

Description: Monthly club meeting, first Monday of the month, except when that collides with a MAJOR holiday, then it's the second Monday of the month (usually).

Formal club business oriented meetings are EVEN months at Tunison, and less formal, more social meetings are at Woodstocks in ODD months, where we talk about what's going on in disc golf locally, what projects or events we are working on that need help from club members, league updates, discs for sale, and propose topics for the following month's business meeting.


Monthly meeting, May 6, 2019, call for agenda items

Robert Voss
 

Hello,

The next monthly meeting is May 6 at Woodstocks Pizza at 7 PM. Apologies again for the late meeting location change last month after the City canceled our reservation without cause or notice. We are staying on the schedule that was already circulated instead of changing the plan for the rest of the year of future meetings.

This email also serves as a call for agenda items. I have a couple:
- We need a new secretary. Nominations will happen at this meeting and then voting will be open for two weeks via email.
- I have a proposal to present for an organizational restructure and associated bylaws changes.
- Scott Hessel will present some basket purchase info and options.
- I have a proposal to present for funding the baskets.

Robert


Re: Trilogy Challenge club fundraiser

Bryce Downey
 

Thanks Robert. I will be unable to join in this fun time.


On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 7:50 AM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello!

Just a quick reminder that the Trilogy Challenge club fundraiser is coming up this next month. The flyer is attached.  Remember that this is about having a good time and raising funds for the club, although you will be playing for prizes for every division and there will also be CTP prizes. Let's get signed up by the morning of May 10. We have to order player packs two weeks ahead of time, and don't want to order many extras (it defeats the purpose when trying raising money for the club!). Contact me if you are sure you will play but can't sign up and pay by the 10th. We hope to see you there.


The weather is improving! Hope you can get out and #justgothrow


Robert

As always, remember that you can email me directly by clicking the 'reply to sender' link at the bottom of the message instead of replying to the group.


Trilogy Challenge club fundraiser

Robert Voss
 

Hello!

Just a quick reminder that the Trilogy Challenge club fundraiser is coming up this next month. The flyer is attached.  Remember that this is about having a good time and raising funds for the club, although you will be playing for prizes for every division and there will also be CTP prizes. Let's get signed up by the morning of May 10. We have to order player packs two weeks ahead of time, and don't want to order many extras (it defeats the purpose when trying raising money for the club!). Contact me if you are sure you will play but can't sign up and pay by the 10th. We hope to see you there.


The weather is improving! Hope you can get out and #justgothrow


Robert

As always, remember that you can email me directly by clicking the 'reply to sender' link at the bottom of the message instead of replying to the group.


WDGC Invitational 2019 - Sat, 04/27/2019 #cal-notice

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

WDGC Invitational 2019

When:
Saturday, 27 April 2019
8:30am to 5:30pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2019

 

When:         Saturday, April 27th – Registration 8:30-9:30am

Where:        Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Who:           Open to all - WDGC members (membership can be paid at the event)

 

Fees:            $20 Pro Divisions, $15 Am Divisions $1 Ace pot (optional)

+$10 membership if not current.

 

Food:           Hot lunches and cold beverages to be provided by WDGC club members & Calapooia Brewing. 

 

Format:      2 Rounds of 18 holes with one hour lunch break between

Round 1 – One Disc, with 1 or 2 back up discs of same model which can only be used in case of a lost disc

Round 2 - no disc restrictions.

Separate Divisions for groups of 3 or more.

CTP’s or Long Putt prizes for most of the holes.

 

Mini:           9-hole mini golf course will be set up, but no official event will be planned.

If people are interested, I could do a mini-golf competition Friday at 5:00, with main course also open for practice on Friday the 27th.

                      

Questions Contact TD Greg Johnson 541-760-2372. discgolfgreg@...

Please let me know if you plan on coming, you can pay the day of the event.

Please let me know if/what you can contribute to the potluck that club members bring together for this event.

Directions:  Take Hwy 20 West of Philomath toward Newport.  Blodgett is ~10 miles West of the Hwy 20/34 split.  Look for Blodgett Country Store on left, continue ½ mile and turn left (turn lane), then an immediate right onto Blodgett Road.  Stay on paved road for ¼ mile past the School.  Driveway is on left look for the Innova banner by entrance from curve.

Please use designated drivers and carpool if you can.

Wear sturdy shoes, rain gear if wet forecast, and be ready for some exercise with some uphill and downhill holes like you don’t see in the valley.


New league, events updates, news

Robert Voss
 

Hello WDGC disc golfers,

The WDGC Invitational tournament at Greg's in Blodgett is this weekend. This is a social gathering more than a tournament, including a potluck lunch, though there is payouts in all divisions, ibcluding scrip for the ams. I hope to see a lot of you out there!

We have started a new handicap league this week. And a dozen people played! I apologize I did not send out an email notice before. To be honest I get focused on Facebook and other websites.

This league is in the evenings at 5:30 at Willamette, and we are using my formula that tilts slightly towards the better players. It proved to work quite well during the winter handicap league. Come one, come all. Big, small, short, tall, power arm or noodle, this league is for everyone and anyone can win just by playing better than their average! $1 per week for two weeks while setting your handicap, and then it is $5 a week paying out $4, and add $1 for ace pot. Come hang out and have a great time with us, and maybe win a little money once in a while.

And also, don't forget about Sunday doubles at Adair at 11 AM every weekend. This weekend is the trip to Newport to play with the Coast club on their awesome Wilder DGC. No doubles at Adair. Email me if you want to carpool and are not part of our Facebook group. Then, next month the Coast folks will come here the last weekend (May 26th) to play Adair Park DGC with our club. Mixing it up and having some extra fun!

Another recent announcement on Facebook, the Sexton Shootout at Adair has been scheduled for June 1.

As well, we announced that Calapooia Brewing will be the title sponsor for the Willamette Open this year. We will have food and beer vending on site. I'm also looking at having a band play after the awards until dark. Plan for this to be an extravaganza and to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Willamette course, and the club and tournament, in high style! Woohoo. Party!

Registration is open for the Willamette Trilogy Challenge club fundraiser on May 25 at Willamette Park DGC. If you can't register online at discgolfscene.com, then email me. We have discussed scrapping the painting of the baskets at Willamette in favor of getting new baskets. We will be implementing some dramatic changes to the Adair course. I'm working on getting us new, actual tee signs at Willamette. These are a couple of the bigger projects we need to work on financing. More information to come on these items at the club meeting in May.

There are still 4 more tournaments after that, continuing leagues, and other events like Scott Withers' Octoberfest I am assured is going to happen despite earlier misgivings! I also intend to host a holiday party this year that will hopefully include putting games, prizes, a potluck dinner, and gift exchange game.

As always, there are lots of good things planned and coming your way courtesy of your favorite disc golf club!

The next club meeting is May 6 at Woodstocks Pizza at 7 PM. Everyone is always welcome at all meetings.

Remember, to email me you can use the "reply to sender" link at the bottom of this email, or it is robertvoss.wdgc@....

Now get out there and #justgothrow

Robert


WDGC Invitational 2019 - Sat, 04/27/2019 8:30am-5:30pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC Invitational 2019

When:
Saturday, 27 April 2019
8:30am to 5:30pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Organizer:
Greg Johnson discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2019

 

When:         Saturday, April 27th – Registration 8:30-9:30am

Where:        Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Who:           Open to all - WDGC members (membership can be paid at the event)

 

Fees:            $20 Pro Divisions, $15 Am Divisions $1 Ace pot (optional)

+$10 membership if not current.

 

Food:           Hot lunches and cold beverages to be provided by WDGC club members & Calapooia Brewing. 

 

Format:      2 Rounds of 18 holes with one hour lunch break between

Round 1 – One Disc, with 1 or 2 back up discs of same model which can only be used in case of a lost disc

Round 2 - no disc restrictions.

Separate Divisions for groups of 3 or more.

CTP’s or Long Putt prizes for most of the holes.

 

Mini:           9-hole mini golf course will be set up, but no official event will be planned.

If people are interested, I could do a mini-golf competition Friday at 5:00, with main course also open for practice on Friday the 27th.

                      

Questions Contact TD Greg Johnson 541-760-2372. discgolfgreg@...

Please let me know if you plan on coming, you can pay the day of the event.

Please let me know if/what you can contribute to the potluck that club members bring together for this event.

Directions:  Take Hwy 20 West of Philomath toward Newport.  Blodgett is ~10 miles West of the Hwy 20/34 split.  Look for Blodgett Country Store on left, continue ½ mile and turn left (turn lane), then an immediate right onto Blodgett Road.  Stay on paved road for ¼ mile past the School.  Driveway is on left look for the Innova banner by entrance from curve.

Please use designated drivers and carpool if you can.

Wear sturdy shoes, rain gear if wet forecast, and be ready for some exercise with some uphill and downhill holes like you don’t see in the valley.

View Event


WDGC Invitational 2019 - Sat, 04/27/2019 8:30am-5:30pm #cal-reminder

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
WDGC Invitational 2019

When:
Saturday, 27 April 2019
8:30am to 5:30pm
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Organizer:
Greg Johnson discgolfgreg@... 5417602372

Description:

WDGC INVITATIONAL 2019

 

When:         Saturday, April 27th – Registration 8:30-9:30am

Where:        Blodgett Woods Course - 21044 Blodgett Rd. Blodgett, OR

Who:           Open to all - WDGC members (membership can be paid at the event)

 

Fees:            $20 Pro Divisions, $15 Am Divisions $1 Ace pot (optional)

+$10 membership if not current.

 

Food:           Hot lunches and cold beverages to be provided by WDGC club members & Calapooia Brewing. 

 

Format:      2 Rounds of 18 holes with one hour lunch break between

Round 1 – One Disc, with 1 or 2 back up discs of same model which can only be used in case of a lost disc

Round 2 - no disc restrictions.

Separate Divisions for groups of 3 or more.

CTP’s or Long Putt prizes for most of the holes.

 

Mini:           9-hole mini golf course will be set up, but no official event will be planned.

If people are interested, I could do a mini-golf competition Friday at 5:00, with main course also open for practice on Friday the 27th.

                      

Questions Contact TD Greg Johnson 541-760-2372. discgolfgreg@...

Please let me know if you plan on coming, you can pay the day of the event.

Please let me know if/what you can contribute to the potluck that club members bring together for this event.

Directions:  Take Hwy 20 West of Philomath toward Newport.  Blodgett is ~10 miles West of the Hwy 20/34 split.  Look for Blodgett Country Store on left, continue ½ mile and turn left (turn lane), then an immediate right onto Blodgett Road.  Stay on paved road for ¼ mile past the School.  Driveway is on left look for the Innova banner by entrance from curve.

Please use designated drivers and carpool if you can.

Wear sturdy shoes, rain gear if wet forecast, and be ready for some exercise with some uphill and downhill holes like you don’t see in the valley.

View Event


Re: Willamette work party 4/20 at 9 AM

Robert Voss
 

Just a reminder and some added incentive:

If you are not playing smoke on the water, come down and spend a couple hours with the crew.

Refreshments will be served, and then for those who worked there will be pizza after and a round of disc golf with some sweet CTP prizes.

Hope to see some folks out there!

Billy and Robert


Re: Willamette work party 4/20 at 9 AM

Bryce Downey
 

Thanks Robert.  I will be away. Work parties are good. 

Bryce 

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019, 12:22 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We have scheduled a work party at Willamette for April 20 at 9 AM. We will be spreading some wood chips and doing some weed eating, at least.

Yes, we are aware that there is a tournament in Waterloo that day as well as another at Champoeg (I think), but this date coordinates well with personnel schedules and other club events, such as the Blodgett invitational the next weekend.

We hope to see some folks out there. As before, please give me a note on the Facebook event or reply email (you may use the "reply to sender button" below - no need to reply to the main group and everyone). The club will provide somewhere between refreshments and lunch depending on how many RSVP.

Thanks and have a great day!

Robert


Willamette work party 4/20 at 9 AM

Robert Voss
 

Hello all,

We have scheduled a work party at Willamette for April 20 at 9 AM. We will be spreading some wood chips and doing some weed eating, at least.

Yes, we are aware that there is a tournament in Waterloo that day as well as another at Champoeg (I think), but this date coordinates well with personnel schedules and other club events, such as the Blodgett invitational the next weekend.

We hope to see some folks out there. As before, please give me a note on the Facebook event or reply email (you may use the "reply to sender button" below - no need to reply to the main group and everyone). The club will provide somewhere between refreshments and lunch depending on how many RSVP.

Thanks and have a great day!

Robert