Topics

Festivus Update - Course Description

Greg Johnson
 

Hi all,

There are 7 spaces left on line and less than that left offline for Festivus.

Attached is the Course Hole Description and Scorecard in an Excel file.

Currently all divisions have at least 3 with the combined registrations.
Except or Women's which I won't worry about being less than 3, I have 3 women total currently.

The coffee mug trophies with Blue and Red glaze are in, made by Chip Hand locally.
The discs are on the way.from Innova.

There will be 10 of each Champion Glow Firebirds and Roadrunners CFR discs available as Fund Raiser discs.
Each one bought by the morning of the event will contribute $8.65 to offset tournament costs and increase payouts.

The remainder will be available as WDGC fundraiser discs, but not for Am tournament prizes.

I still need to round up commitments to have 7-8 portable baskets for the tournament, the less I have to bring the better.
KC-1
J Ross - 1
Jay&Toni - 2?

I will be setting up temporary tees etc. on Friday the 24th.

Thank you everyone who is bringing food to share.  
We do have a Calapooia Keg donation for the potluck lunch. I have not heard back from 2 Towns for other options..

Hopefully the course gets to dry out a but after the dumping rain so far this month.
About 13" has fallen on the Blodgett Woods course in the first 15 days of Jan.

Happy Festivus!

Greg

Robert, please re-post this to the FB page.

Bryce Downey
 

I have two baskets.  You may use one, both or neither as needed. I'll investigate food options. What is needed? Thanks Greg.

Bryce 

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 12:46 AM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

There are 7 spaces left on line and less than that left offline for Festivus.

Attached is the Course Hole Description and Scorecard in an Excel file.

Currently all divisions have at least 3 with the combined registrations.
Except or Women's which I won't worry about being less than 3, I have 3 women total currently.

The coffee mug trophies with Blue and Red glaze are in, made by Chip Hand locally.
The discs are on the way.from Innova.

There will be 10 of each Champion Glow Firebirds and Roadrunners CFR discs available as Fund Raiser discs.
Each one bought by the morning of the event will contribute $8.65 to offset tournament costs and increase payouts.

The remainder will be available as WDGC fundraiser discs, but not for Am tournament prizes.

I still need to round up commitments to have 7-8 portable baskets for the tournament, the less I have to bring the better.
KC-1
J Ross - 1
Jay&Toni - 2?

I will be setting up temporary tees etc. on Friday the 24th.

Thank you everyone who is bringing food to share.  
We do have a Calapooia Keg donation for the potluck lunch. I have not heard back from 2 Towns for other options..

Hopefully the course gets to dry out a but after the dumping rain so far this month.
About 13" has fallen on the Blodgett Woods course in the first 15 days of Jan.

Happy Festivus!

Greg

Robert, please re-post this to the FB page.

Jim Dubay
 

Hi Greg, I'll bring some baskets and a pot of chili. I'm interested in a light glow RR CFR disc also.

Thanks,
Jim Dubay

Jay Sexton
 

Yes, Toni and i will bring two nice baskets and a pot of veggie chili.
Jay




On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 08:46:30 +0000 (UTC), "Greg Johnson via Groups.Io"
<discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,
There are 7 spaces left on line and less than that left offline for
Festivus.
Attached is the Course Hole Description and Scorecard in an Excel file.
Currently all divisions have at least 3 with the combined
registrations.Except or Women's which I won't worry about being less
than
3, I have 3 women total currently.
The coffee mug trophies with Blue and Red glaze are in, made by Chip
Hand
locally.The discs are on the way.from Innova.
There will be 10 of each Champion Glow Firebirds and Roadrunners CFR
discs available as Fund Raiser discs.
Each one bought by the morning of the event will contribute $8.65 to
offset tournament costs and increase payouts.
The remainder will be available as WDGC fundraiser discs, but not for Am
tournament prizes.
I still need to round up commitments to have 7-8 portable baskets for
the
tournament, the less I have to bring the better.KC-1J Ross - 1Jay
font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Hopefully
the course gets to dry out a but after the dumping rain so far this
month.About 13" has fallen on the Blodgett Woods course in the first 15
days of Jan.
Happy Festivus!
Greg
Robert, please re-post this to the FB page.

Links:
------
[1] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2147
[2]
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Festivus%20Update%20-%20Course%20Description
[3]
mailto:discgolfgreg@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Festivus%20Update%20-%20Course%20Description
[4] https://groups.io/mt/69743499/549252
[5] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[7] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
[8] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Mike Storrs
 

I have one basket but it is an 18 year old DB-5. I know that is not good enough for some golfers so in an effort not to ruin anyone's experience you may want to consider my poor ugly basket as a last resort.

Storrs

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 12:46 AM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

There are 7 spaces left on line and less than that left offline for Festivus.

Attached is the Course Hole Description and Scorecard in an Excel file.

Currently all divisions have at least 3 with the combined registrations.
Except or Women's which I won't worry about being less than 3, I have 3 women total currently.

The coffee mug trophies with Blue and Red glaze are in, made by Chip Hand locally.
The discs are on the way.from Innova.

There will be 10 of each Champion Glow Firebirds and Roadrunners CFR discs available as Fund Raiser discs.
Each one bought by the morning of the event will contribute $8.65 to offset tournament costs and increase payouts.

The remainder will be available as WDGC fundraiser discs, but not for Am tournament prizes.

I still need to round up commitments to have 7-8 portable baskets for the tournament, the less I have to bring the better.
KC-1
J Ross - 1
Jay&Toni - 2?

I will be setting up temporary tees etc. on Friday the 24th.

Thank you everyone who is bringing food to share.  
We do have a Calapooia Keg donation for the potluck lunch. I have not heard back from 2 Towns for other options..

Hopefully the course gets to dry out a but after the dumping rain so far this month.
About 13" has fallen on the Blodgett Woods course in the first 15 days of Jan.

Happy Festivus!

Greg

Robert, please re-post this to the FB page.

Greg Johnson
 

Thanks everyone, lighter weight baskets can always be used for practice around tourney central, and we can put the best ones on the holes, more of which are near tourney central this year.

Bryce, an assortment of 4-6 
2 liter non-alcohol beverages. Some sugar free, some not would be great.

Bryce Downey
 

I'll bring the drinks.  Thanks.  I'll also have baskets in my vehicle as an option. 

Bryce 

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 11:31 AM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks everyone, lighter weight baskets can always be used for practice around tourney central, and we can put the best ones on the holes, more of which are near tourney central this year.

Bryce, an assortment of 4-6 
2 liter non-alcohol beverages. Some sugar free, some not would be great.

Robert Voss
 

I can bring a basket if you still need another. Nothing fancy, but it is full size with 21 chains.

Rob


On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 12:46 AM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

There are 7 spaces left on line and less than that left offline for Festivus.

Attached is the Course Hole Description and Scorecard in an Excel file.

Currently all divisions have at least 3 with the combined registrations.
Except or Women's which I won't worry about being less than 3, I have 3 women total currently.

The coffee mug trophies with Blue and Red glaze are in, made by Chip Hand locally.
The discs are on the way.from Innova.

There will be 10 of each Champion Glow Firebirds and Roadrunners CFR discs available as Fund Raiser discs.
Each one bought by the morning of the event will contribute $8.65 to offset tournament costs and increase payouts.

The remainder will be available as WDGC fundraiser discs, but not for Am tournament prizes.

I still need to round up commitments to have 7-8 portable baskets for the tournament, the less I have to bring the better.
KC-1
J Ross - 1
Jay&Toni - 2?

I will be setting up temporary tees etc. on Friday the 24th.

Thank you everyone who is bringing food to share.  
We do have a Calapooia Keg donation for the potluck lunch. I have not heard back from 2 Towns for other options..

Hopefully the course gets to dry out a but after the dumping rain so far this month.
About 13" has fallen on the Blodgett Woods course in the first 15 days of Jan.

Happy Festivus!

Greg

Robert, please re-post this to the FB page.

Greg Johnson
 

Sponsorship Update:

We have added beverage sponsorships from Calapooia Brewing and 2 Towns Ciderhouse!

Greg J

On Saturday, January 18, 2020, 09:20:50 AM PST, Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:


I can bring a basket if you still need another. Nothing fancy, but it is full size with 21 chains.

Rob


On Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 12:46 AM Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi all,

There are 7 spaces left on line and less than that left offline for Festivus.

Attached is the Course Hole Description and Scorecard in an Excel file.

Currently all divisions have at least 3 with the combined registrations.
Except or Women's which I won't worry about being less than 3, I have 3 women total currently.

The coffee mug trophies with Blue and Red glaze are in, made by Chip Hand locally.
The discs are on the way.from Innova.

There will be 10 of each Champion Glow Firebirds and Roadrunners CFR discs available as Fund Raiser discs.
Each one bought by the morning of the event will contribute $8.65 to offset tournament costs and increase payouts.

The remainder will be available as WDGC fundraiser discs, but not for Am tournament prizes.

I still need to round up commitments to have 7-8 portable baskets for the tournament, the less I have to bring the better.
KC-1
J Ross - 1
Jay&Toni - 2?

I will be setting up temporary tees etc. on Friday the 24th.

Thank you everyone who is bringing food to share.  
We do have a Calapooia Keg donation for the potluck lunch. I have not heard back from 2 Towns for other options..

Hopefully the course gets to dry out a but after the dumping rain so far this month.
About 13" has fallen on the Blodgett Woods course in the first 15 days of Jan.

Happy Festivus!

Greg

Robert, please re-post this to the FB page.

Greg Johnson
 

Thanks Jim, I ordered 5 in the 165-169 which was the lightest option and 5 in the 170-172.
I am nervous that I have no shipping confirmation from Innova for some reason.  
They should have shipped last Monday or Wednesday at the latest when the charges went through.

On Thursday, January 16, 2020, 09:21:00 AM PST, Jim Dubay via Groups.Io <chain_banger_jim@...> wrote:


Hi Greg, I'll bring some baskets and a pot of chili. I'm interested in a light glow RR CFR disc also.

Thanks,
Jim Dubay

Greg Johnson
 

OK this time I am intending to reply to all.
I have 79 registrations with 5 spots open.

I have plenty of plates/bowls/cups.  I have some spoons, but could use some more and forks, I have plenty of knives so skip the combo packs
if some what could help out with that and reply they have it covered that would be great.

I'll be calling Innova in the morning.

I got a couple of boxes of hand warmers, first 80 to check in get a pair on me, for throwing a tournament in what looks to be rainy weather.
Mark Martin is going to get some old pallets from Calapooia to build a bridge across the moat protecting the picnic shelters.

Many know that I tend to lose my voice at Festivus, however, due to a cold that I had over the Holidays, I am going on 3 weeks with no voice and it's not sounding like I will have much to work with on Saturday.

I will be looking for some surrogates to talk to the golfers. Since Eric is making the signs as usual, I will have him talk about the signs and OB rules.
I will have Sponsor Lists posted and The Hole Descriptions / with CTPs by division posted on the shelter posts.  Please read them!

Robert will have a table for Club Membership, Bag Tags, Upcoming Events like the Ice Bowl on Feb 1st.

GJ

On Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 10:43:17 PM PST, Greg Johnson via Groups.Io <discgolfgreg@...> wrote:


Thanks Jim, I ordered 5 in the 165-169 which was the lightest option and 5 in the 170-172.
I am nervous that I have no shipping confirmation from Innova for some reason.  
They should have shipped last Monday or Wednesday at the latest when the charges went through.

On Thursday, January 16, 2020, 09:21:00 AM PST, Jim Dubay via Groups.Io <chain_banger_jim@...> wrote:


Hi Greg, I'll bring some baskets and a pot of chili. I'm interested in a light glow RR CFR disc also.

Thanks,
Jim Dubay

 

Hi, Greg.

Final confirmation: I will NOT be there this year, will be attending
a family event instead. Hope you've found someone else to run the
cook shack for you, and (regardless of weather) I hope everyone has
a great time!

Best wishes,

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================

Mark Turley
 

Greg, I have a bunch of spoons, and will get a hundred forks also.

Mark



---- On Wed, 22 Jan 2020 07:07:01 -0800 everett@... wrote ----

Hi, Greg.

Final confirmation: I will NOT be there this year, will be attending
a family event instead. Hope you've found someone else to run the
cook shack for you, and (regardless of weather) I hope everyone has
a great time!

Best wishes,

Everett

======================================================================
Everett Kaser Software Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
======================================================================