From: rossjohn414
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:19 AM
Subject: [wdgc] Bricks and Sand

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?

I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.

I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.

Input on bricks at will.

Thanks,

JohnR

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>

I'll get non slip bricks.

One's I've got have five holes, which should provide for drainage.

But we're only going to try some first. They ain't cheap at Habitat at 75 cents each. We need about a hundred of them at CLUB EXPENSE.

Got any other ideas?

jwr

Some bricks get really slippery.

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?

I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.

I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.

Input on bricks at will.

Thanks,

JohnR

Greg Johnson

The club can cover the $75 for bricks if no other options surface.  This sounds like a decent plan to fill those areas with something stable.  Greg J

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?

I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.

I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.

Input on bricks at will.

Thanks,

JohnR

Greg Johnson

These areas are not intended to be in the throwing zone.  This is for follow through of the front of the teebox.  Greg J

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?

I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.

I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.

Input on bricks at will.

Thanks,

JohnR

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>

What I like about it is simplicity, time efficient and fairly cheap.

Don't know how cheap, compared to concreting them in.

I'll set one up today or tomorrow to check out.

Any other inputs from club members would be welcome. It's also important if somebody can find a cheaper stash of used bricks (that wouldn't be to slippery, though it's not part of the run up.)

JohnR

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Greg Johnson <discgolfgreg@...> wrote:

The club can cover the $75 for bricks if no other options surface.  This sounds like a decent plan to fill those areas with something stable.  Greg J

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?

I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.

I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.

Input on bricks at will.

Thanks,

JohnR

Mike Gibson

I know. I remember you twisting your ankle on hole 16 Adair--slipping off the front of the Tee-pad.
Mike

These areas are not intended to be in the throwing zone.  This is for follow through of the front of the teebox.  Greg J

These areas are not intended to be in the throwing zone.  This is for follow through of the front of the teebox.  Greg J

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.Input on bricks at will.Thanks,JohnR

Mike Gibson

We could use Craig as the ultimate test.

Anybody got a line on used bricks for the tee box fronts at Willamette?I'll check Habitat for Humanity this morning.I'll also make sure to have some tee box ends to try at the conclusion of Saturday's workparty.Input on bricks at will.Thanks,JohnR

John W. Ross <johnr414@...>

I know Craig would be honored--especially if there was a couple of beers in the bargain. (Which I just happen to have, actually)

JohnR