Posting course closure warning sign at Adair

Everett wrote...
Greg Johnson wrote...
Hi Can someone who is getting put to Adair today, make, print and post a
sign at hole 1 warning players that the course will be closed Sat. Jan 25th
for the Festivus Tournament. It would be good to get something up before
this weekend. I haven't even gotten into Corvallis all week.
Eric Smith wrote...
Whoever makes it out there can just print this up.
I'll take care of it. I'll be out there today, and I've already
printed Eric's sign.
PS. I'm also going to try to move as many of the baskets as I can
into the Festivus positions. Most of them are already there, but I
think (regular hole #'s) 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 and maybe 18
need to move. Shit, that's half the course. Oh well...

Nathan Sexton

What time are you heading out Everett? Would you like some help lugging baskets around?
  Nate

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Everett wrote...
>> Greg Johnson wrote...
>> Hi Can someone who is getting put to Adair today, make, print and post a
>> sign at hole 1 warning players that the course will be closed Sat. Jan 25th
>> for the Festivus Tournament. It would be good to get something up before
>> this weekend. I haven't even gotten into Corvallis all week.

> Eric Smith wrote...
>> Whoever makes it out there can just print this up.

> I'll take care of it.  I'll be out there today, and I've already
> printed Eric's sign.

PS.  I'm also going to try to move as many of the baskets as I can
into the Festivus positions.  Most of them are already there, but I
think (regular hole #'s) 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 and maybe 18
need to move.  Shit, that's half the course.  Oh well...

Everett Kaser Software  Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403
Albany OR 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME
USA                     http://www.kaser.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    wdgc-digest@...
    wdgc-fullfeatured@...

Nathan wrote...
What time are you heading out Everett? Would you like some help lugging
baskets around?
I was going to move them as we played, but I'll always welcome help
lugging baskets! :-) We'll probably be out there around 12:50, give
or take 5 minutes. If you want to come out and play with a couple
of old duffers who haven't been playing much this winter, so are
playing as bad as rank beginners, we'd enjoy your company and to
see how the sport is REALLY played... :-) Otherwise, you could work
your way backward from 18, and we'll move baskets as we go from 1.

dang.  I see a duffer dubs opportunity!
I gotta keep mama happy, or I would so be there!

On Jan 17, 2014 9:28 AM, "Everett Kaser" <everett@...> wrote:

Nathan wrote...
> What time are you heading out Everett? Would you like some help lugging
> baskets around?

I was going to move them as we played, but I'll always welcome help
lugging baskets! :-) We'll probably be out there around 12:50, give
or take 5 minutes. If you want to come out and play with a couple
of old duffers who haven't been playing much this winter, so are
playing as bad as rank beginners, we'd enjoy your company and to
see how the sport is REALLY played... :-) Otherwise, you could work
your way backward from 18, and we'll move baskets as we go from 1.

if mama grows tired of my company (likely), I'll wander that way.

don't wait for me though.  She'll probably find something for me to do...

billy

On Jan 17, 2014 9:31 AM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

dang.  I see a duffer dubs opportunity!
I gotta keep mama happy, or I would so be there!

On Jan 17, 2014 9:28 AM, "Everett Kaser" <everett@...> wrote:

Nathan wrote...
> What time are you heading out Everett? Would you like some help lugging
> baskets around?

I was going to move them as we played, but I'll always welcome help
lugging baskets! :-) We'll probably be out there around 12:50, give
or take 5 minutes. If you want to come out and play with a couple
of old duffers who haven't been playing much this winter, so are
playing as bad as rank beginners, we'd enjoy your company and to
see how the sport is REALLY played... :-) Otherwise, you could work
your way backward from 18, and we'll move baskets as we go from 1.

Thanks Everett and whoever got out there to help him

On Friday, January 17, 2014 9:51 AM, Bill Gaskill wrote:

if mama grows tired of my company (likely), I'll wander that way.
don't wait for me though.  She'll probably find something for me to do...
billy
On Jan 17, 2014 9:31 AM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:
dang.  I see a duffer dubs opportunity!
I gotta keep mama happy, or I would so be there!
On Jan 17, 2014 9:28 AM, "Everett Kaser" <everett@...> wrote:

Nathan wrote...
> What time are you heading out Everett? Would you like some help lugging
> baskets around?

I was going to move them as we played, but I'll always welcome help
lugging baskets! :-) We'll probably be out there around 12:50, give
or take 5 minutes. If you want to come out and play with a couple
of old duffers who haven't been playing much this winter, so are
playing as bad as rank beginners, we'd enjoy your company and to
see how the sport is REALLY played... :-) Otherwise, you could work
your way backward from 18, and we'll move baskets as we go from 1.

USA http://www.kaser.com/

Greg wrote...
Thanks Everett and whoever got out there to help him
Sign is up, baskets are moved. All that remains (basket-wise) is to
remove the #11 'out' basket and put up the temp baskets.

Nate had to leave after 13 holes on our second game, but I WON!!!!
By TWO STROKES!!! Of course, that was after Nate gave me a 1-stroke-
per-hole handicap. But still... :-)

Everett wrote...
Nate had to leave after 13 holes on our second game, but I WON!!!!
By TWO STROKES!!! Of course, that was after Nate gave me a 1-stroke-
per-hole handicap. But still... :-)
PS.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Nate's putt on the 13th hole.
The basket was in the middle position (under the trees by the tennis
court). His drive landed probably about 35 feet from the basket, but
on the left, so the big fir on the left was between him and the basket.
There was one little hole, maybe 2-3 feet in rough diameter, about
6 feet off the ground, directly between him and the basket, with a
bare branch trunk sticking up from the bottom towards the middle of
the hole about 10-12 inches. He was standing about 12-15 feet back
from the fir.

He sank the putt for the birdie. Through the hole. Over the dead
branch. K-CHING! Amazing shot.