LBCC In-Service Disc Golf Clinic

Mike Storrs

A few of you were interested in assisting me next week during an LBCC Disc Golf Clinic. Here is more information about the event.

It will be part of a slate of different workshops available to the faculty during their day of in-service, Thursday April 17. I guess the disc golf is seen as sort of a team builder event. The workshops are all slated to run in 3 different time slots: 12:45-1:35, 1:45-2:35, and 2:45-4 pm and I expect to see an influx of people during the beginning of those times. I plan on allowing anyone with skills who wishes to just go out and play to head out when they arrive. Others will need some time learning basic techniques about throwing a disc. We have a selection of mid-ranges and putters for participants to use but I plan on bringing a few extras from my own stash. The course is mid-range disc length and 9 tone poles. It starts at the entrance to the gym  in the SW parking lot near the baseball field. The course then plays out around the baseball field and the track.

Please respond to this or email me at storrsm@... if you plan on helping. I will be out there the night before setting up signs and other markings.

This will be an excellent opportunity to expand disc golf to more of the over 40 crowd. Some of them are single...

Mike Storrs

Mike Storrs

uhg....they dont show my email. storrsm@ linnbenton.edu all one word.

Mikestorrs wrote...
Please respond to this or email me at storrsm@linnbenton.edu if you
plan on helping. I will be out there the night before setting up
signs and other markings.
I'll be there. Let me know if you want any help setting things up
the night before.

Mike Storrs

I also need stakes and next tee signs. Does anyone have a stag I could use?

Bill Gaskill

"Does anyone have a stag I could use?"

Isn't that a young male who does light housework for you whilst wearing assless chaps?

again, minus the "young" part, I think banner is your guy..

On Apr 9, 2014 2:20 PM, <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

I also need stakes and next tee signs. Does anyone have a stag I could use?

Bill Gaskill

..yes, I know where I'm going in the afterlife.  that's clear

On Apr 9, 2014 2:36 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

"Does anyone have a stag I could use?"

Isn't that a young male who does light housework for you whilst wearing assless chaps?

again, minus the "young" part, I think banner is your guy..

On Apr 9, 2014 2:20 PM, <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

I also need stakes and next tee signs. Does anyone have a stag I could use?

Bill Gaskill

I'd like to help if I can, storrs.  I promise to be more professional...
billy

On Apr 9, 2014 2:38 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

..yes, I know where I'm going in the afterlife.  that's clear

On Apr 9, 2014 2:36 PM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:

"Does anyone have a stag I could use?"

Isn't that a young male who does light housework for you whilst wearing assless chaps?

again, minus the "young" part, I think banner is your guy..

On Apr 9, 2014 2:20 PM, <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

I also need stakes and next tee signs. Does anyone have a stag I could use?

Mike Storrs

A few stakes.

Greg Johnson

I have stakes and flags you can use.  I have one of Eric's next tee signs from .  I'll bring them in a bucket.

Greg J

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 9, 2014, at 2:20 PM, <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

I also need stakes and next tee signs. Does anyone have a stag I could use?

Mike Storrs

The Disc Golf clinic was a moderate success. Billy was able to drop off a basket that we eventually used as hole one since the course is still all tone poles. Nate and Bri showed up and helped a lot with the first session. The majority who attended where ladies and I think Bri was able to be a great role model for them. My biggest props go out to Everett. He helped set up and tear down and had great advice for all of the participants. It was only a moderate success because the wind picked up and the rain never really stopped.

The school is interested in obtaining baskets so I will keep you informed as that progresses.

Mike.

Greg Johnson

I have done some checking on baskets but was focused on the DGA variety.  Mach II's like we have at Adair and Willamette not be available anymore.  They make Mach II portables which have a 2 piece pole, like a DB-5 I guess.

Mach Vs run about $50 less than Mach IIis which come with the number plate.  $340/$390 at discunlimited.net, $30 less for no frills.  Portable priced the same at the deluxe all the parts for installing in the ground.

Powder coating costs another $50 per basket.  Blue Sparkle and Orange Glaze are the standard colors.

I have not contacted anyone yet about getting pricing for 9 or more baskets.

Discraft makes a Chainstar which looks pretty good but they were $420 each one place I saw them.

Greg J

On Monday, April 21, 2014 10:40 AM, "mikestorrs@..." wrote:

The Disc Golf clinic was a moderate success. Billy was able to drop off a basket that we eventually used as hole one since the course is still all tone poles. Nate and Bri showed up and helped a lot with the first session. The majority who attended where ladies and I think Bri was able to be a great role model for them. My biggest props go out to Everett. He helped set up and tear down and had great advice for all of the participants. It was only a moderate success because the wind picked up and the rain never really stopped.

The school is interested in obtaining baskets so I will keep you informed as that progresses.

Mike.

Mike Storrs

Thanks Greg.  Honestly that all seems very expensive.

On Monday, April 21, 2014 10:40 AM, "mikestorrs@..." <mikestorrs@...> wrote:

The Disc Golf clinic was a moderate success. Billy was able to drop off a basket that we eventually used as hole one since the course is still all tone poles. Nate and Bri showed up and helped a lot with the first session. The majority who attended where ladies and I think Bri was able to be a great role model for them. My biggest props go out to Everett. He helped set up and tear down and had great advice for all of the participants. It was only a moderate success because the wind picked up and the rain never really stopped.

The school is interested in obtaining baskets so I will keep you informed as that progresses.

Mike.

Jay Sexton

There used to be a college basket program - for discounted costs - haven't
heard anything about it lately. Many parks and schools are used to spendy
infrastructure. DG is pretty low maintenance with a relatively low initial
investment in hardware.
Jay

On Monday, April 21, 2014 10:40 AM, "mikestorrs@comcast.net"
<mikestorrs@comcast.net> wrote:

The Disc Golf clinic was a moderate success. Billy was able to drop off a
basket that we eventually used as hole one since the course is still all
tone poles. Nate and Bri showed up and helped a lot with the first
session. The majority who attended where ladies and I think Bri was able
to be a great role model for them. My biggest props go out to Everett. He
helped set up and tear down and had great advice for all of the
participants. It was only a moderate success because the wind picked up
and the rain never really stopped.

The school is interested in obtaining baskets so I will keep you informed
as that progresses.

Mike.

Cris Bellinger <cbellinger@...>

Web site: http://www.discgolffoundation.net/baskets.html

College Matching Baskets Program

The Disc Golf Foundation facilitates the advancement of disc golf. Particularly through new course development. One program the DGF offers for this is the College Matching Baskets Program.

Through this program, the DGF agrees to donate 9 baskets to a college or university, if the approved institution purchases 9 baskets at retail price (plus shipping for all 18 baskets) and agrees to install and maintain the course on their property.

  • Guidelines

1. Only colleges or universities are eligible for this program.

2. Golf course must be open to the public.

3. Land for course must be on college property and must have been approved for this use by the college.

4. If grant is awarded, the college must install the course within one year.

5. A qualified designer must be involved. The DGF is happy to help locate a local designer to provide assistance.

6. A financial plan must be presented.

7 . Tee pads, signs, message board, and trash cans are recommended.

The DGF has made arrangements to offer three different disc golf baskets: the Mach V by DGA, the DISCatcher by Innova-Champion, or the Chain Star by Discraft Inc. The choice of the baskets to be used is at the discretion of the college. Be aware though that only one set of baskets will be offered a year by each of these manufacturers through the College Matching Baskets Program. Thus a first choice may not always be available.

Also note that the DGF will provide the 9 baskets only. All other baskets, tee signs, tee pads, design, installation, maintenance and shipping costs are the responsibility of the college.

  • Making a Proposal

Please click here to open and print the proposal for the College Matching Baskets Program.

When the proposal has been completed and sent to the DGF, the Board of Directors will discuss and make a decision. A time period of up to 6 months may occur before a decision is made, as it will be addressed and voted on at a semi-annual Board Meeting.

Cris Bellinger

There used to be a college basket program - for discounted costs - haven't
heard anything about it lately. Many parks and schools are used to spendy
infrastructure. DG is pretty low maintenance with a relatively low initial
investment in hardware.
Jay

> Thanks Greg.  Honestly that all seems very expensive.

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.