Want to come out and "Log" some work time at Willamette?

Bill Gaskill

Hey all,  I need some help moving some logs around at Willamette.  First thing first, I need a couple Peavey's (and I don't mean amplifiers).  Does anyone have a Peavey or two lying about collecting dust?

Richard Hervey

Bill,

I've sent out a query about borrowing a peavey or two to the South Town list serve.  It would be something if we could move the Southtown community into helping us with the course.

Is a peavey something that the City is likely to have?  I'm guessing that they would loan us one or more if they have it.

Richard

--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken

Mike Gibson

The City will have a peavey.
Mike

[...]

Jay Sexton

I have two peavys and I'm not afraid to use them, but I am booked tomorrow
until late in the afternoon, - Monday?
Jay Sexton

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:34:26 -0800, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@gmail.com>
wrote:
Hey all, I need some help moving some logs around at Willamette. First
thing first, I need a couple Peavey's (and I don't mean amplifiers).
Does
anyone have a Peavey or two lying about collecting dust?

Links:
------
[1] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/1844
[2]
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
[3]
mailto:billgaskill@gmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
[4] https://groups.io/mt/8159858/549252
[5] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main
[8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
[9] https://groups.io/static/tos
[10] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Richard Hervey

the appeal to the SouthTown list serve came up with a peavey as well.  Let me know when you need it and I'll pick it up and deliver.

Richard

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
Hey all,  I need some help moving some logs around at Willamette.  First thing first, I need a couple Peavey's (and I don't mean amplifiers).  Does anyone have a Peavey or two lying about collecting dust?

--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken

Bill Gaskill

Sweet Jay!
Yeah, I could do Monday morning after I take kids to school.  9AM or so?  Whatever works for you.

mailto:billgaskill@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
> [4] https://groups.io/mt/8159858/549252
> [5] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main
> [8] mailto:main+owner@....io
> [9] https://groups.io/static/tos
> [10] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Bill Gaskill

Hey all,
Let's shoot for 10am tomorrow (Monday).  Richard, let me know in advance how many Peaveys you've rounded up and I'll try to match drivers to the tools.

Richard Hervey

SouthTown offered up two peaveys.  I have one in hand and know where to find the second.

Richard

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
Hey all,
Let's shoot for 10am tomorrow (Monday).  Richard, let me know in advance how many Peaveys you've rounded up and I'll try to match drivers to the tools.

--
Here’s the deal: Forget that this task of planet-saving is not possible in the time required.  Don’t be put off by people who know what is not possible.  Do what needs to be done, and check to see if it was impossible only after you are done. – Paul Hawken

Jay Sexton

Looks like 10 AM - I will be there then with 2 peavys.
Jay

wrote:
> Hey all, I need some help moving some logs around at Willamette.
First
> thing first, I need a couple Peaveys (and I dont mean amplifiers).
Does
> anyone have a Peavey or two lying about collecting dust?
>
> Links:
> ------
> [1] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/1844 [3]
> [2]

mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io
[4]?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
> [3]

mailto:billgaskill@gmail.com
[5]?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
> [4] https://groups.io/mt/8159858/549252 [6]
> [5] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post [7]
> [6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252 [8]
> [7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main [9]
> [8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io [10]
> [9] https://groups.io/static/tos [11]
> [10] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged [12]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:hexagon@exchangenet.net
[2] mailto:billgaskill@gmail.com
[3] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/1844
[4] mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io
[5] mailto:billgaskill@gmail.com
[6] https://groups.io/mt/8159858/549252
[7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[8] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main
[10] mailto:main%2Bowner@wdgc.groups.io
[11] https://groups.io/static/tos
[12] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged
[13] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/1849
[14]
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
[15]
mailto:billgaskill@gmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
[16] https://groups.io/mt/8159858/549252
[17] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[18] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[19] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main
[20] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
[21] https://groups.io/static/tos
[22] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Sean Delohery

Hey guys, fyi. None of this conversation made it to Facebook until this morning. You probably could have had more man power of you had.

I had a busy weekend and I didn't see any of this too late last night. I'm glad you guys have a working email group again, but it will be to our determent if we can only plan things amongst ourselves over email. The predominant population of this club is on FB, but if they don't know they can't help.

I'm glad y'all are getting shit done, but it also seems like a missed opportunity to me. This gap will exist in the club as long as you treat it like a gap.

Peace
Sean Delohery
551-804-6310

mailto:billgaskill@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20Re%3A%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Want%20to%20come%20out%20and%20%22Log%22%20some%20work%20time%20at%20Willamette%3F
> [16] https://groups.io/mt/8159858/549252
> [17] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [18] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [19] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main
> [20] mailto:main+owner@....io
> [21] https://groups.io/static/tos
> [22] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Bill Gaskill

It's fine Sean.  I didn't really need a big group of guys.  I wasn't intending to create or maintain any "gaps".  Sometimes ya just need a couple dudes with weird looking implements.

Bill Gaskill

Dangit.  Only days after the Women's March and I'm saying "guys" and "dudes".  My kids are helping me (at my request) to gender non-specify my language. We started by dumping "manly" for "badass" or "powerful".  Language is important.  I'm working on it.

Bill wrote...
Dangit. Only days after the Women's March and I'm saying "guys"
and "dudes". My kids are helping me (at my request) to gender
non-specify my language. We started by dumping "manly" for "badass"
or "powerful". Language is important. I'm working on it.
Not to mention, "...guys with weird looking implements." I'm glad
I wasn't eating breakfast when I read that.

PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

Sean Delohery

Sure Billy, I totally understand.

My thought is that if we're doing work at all it should be public. Image and perspective is going to be a huge thing when it comes to recruiting, as well as bringing previously active members back into activity.

Peace
Sean Delohery
551-804-6310

On Jan 22, 2018 8:46 AM, "Bill Gaskill" <billgaskill@...> wrote:
It's fine Sean.  I didn't really need a big group of guys.  I wasn't intending to create or maintain any "gaps".  Sometimes ya just need a couple dudes with weird looking implements.

Bill Gaskill

Yeah, well I do NOT recommend eating breakfast with my brother Dennis then.  He's a urologist.  Urology stories don't tend to be gross though.  They're more "laughing orange juice out your nose" kinda joints.

Thanks again to Aric, Nate, Jay, and Richard.  Billygan's Island lives!

Sean Delohery

Yes! Thank you!

Peace
Sean Delohery