RIP "Connor Tree" hole 11 Adair

Mike Gibson

Thank god--the thumber route is open again!

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 10:29:26 PM PDT, Mark Martin <mark.calapooia@...> wrote:

I have to admit, I was a little surprised (slightly shocked, momentarily) when I saw that. But then I realized, courses evolve over time, in many ways, for many reasons. Take, for example, the much debated, hated and beloved leaning log on hole 10.

Adair is a fantastic course. It will only improve with time. One way or another.

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:35 PM Pete Fuessle <williamblue02@...> wrote:
Billy,

My deepest condolences for your loss. It sounds like you and the tree were very close.

RIP tree

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:22 PM Bill Gaskill <billgaskill@...> wrote:
The arch tree over the tunnel on long pin hole 11 that I've nursed and cared for for years and years, watering it each summer when it gets dry,  cabling it up securely enough to survive the ice storm,  though its brothers failed, and lovingly pruning its verticle branches into an awesome tunnel, alas is gone forever.  (It lasted almost as long as that sentence)

I'm super pissed off at Greg, in truth, for his way overzealous greenskeeping, but will likely forgive him quickly plus some unpleasant prank he can expect when he least expects it.

Join me in a moment of silence on your next round. I'm sorry, Connor Smith. I did my best to protect her all these years,  but alas, this day the emperor wears no clothes.

Billy

--
Mark Martin
541-740-3668

[...]

[...]