Topics

Event: FESTIVUS! - Saturday, 3 February 2018 #cal-invite

main@wdgc.groups.io Calendar <main@...>

FESTIVUS!

When:
Saturday, 3 February 2018

Where:
Adair County Park

Organizer:
discgolfgreg@... 541-760-2372 (Greg Johnson)

The Willamette Disc Golf Club is hosting its annual Winter tournament at Adair County Park on February 3rd. The 18-hole layout will expanded to 22 with challenging twists like years past.

Prepaid registration is required and the field is limited to 85 players. Preregister using form below; bring to the 6:00 pm WDGC club meeting January 8th, 2018 at Woodstocks Pizza in Corvallis; or mail to: Greg Johnson 21044 Blodgett Road

Blodgett, OR 97326
Please make checks or money orders payable to: WDGC
TD: Greg J. phone/text: 541-760-2372, e-mail:
discgolfgreg@...

Entry Fees:

Pro/Masters/Grandmasters/Women: $35 Adv./Masters/GMs/SGMs/Women: $30 Int. & Rec. Men and Women: $25

Note: Minimum 3 players per division, smaller divisions may be consolidated.

Players Packs:
Innova tourney stamped disc Disc models to be determined

Festivus Event Schedule:

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Check-in: 7:15-8:15
For best disc selection come early *don’t be late or your spot can go to someone on the wait list
Players Meeting: 8:30

Round 1 Shotgun Start: 9:00
Lunch Break: 45 minutes or more. Variety of hot lunch options provided by the WDGC for all participants
Round 2 Shotgun start ~45 minutes after last group returns from Round 1

Feats of Strengthkeg throwing hosted by Calapooia Brewing
CTP prizes - many holes (max 2/player) Awards to follow as soon as possible.

Bill Gaskill

I was just playing around with the Calendar function here.  It's pretty straightforward.  It's easy to add a link to a local file (like the PDF entry form for Festivus).  This should be very useful for things like course maps, course changes planning and voting, etc.  It's pretty cool.  I'm glad you guys set this up.  I like Facebook as the community dialogue place with Groups.io as our nuts and bolts club work space.

Bill Gaskill

I didn't lock the event, so I think anyone can edit if there is something missing or we need to update something.

Greg Johnson

Trophies and Fundraiser discs

I plan to get out to Adair today with fundraiser discs, maybe collect some registrations and do a little course marking and remeasuring of some temp holes.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Bill Gaskill
<billgaskill@...> wrote:
I didn't lock the event, so I think anyone can edit if there is something missing or we need to update something.

Bill Gaskill

Wow.  Those mugs look great!
What molds for the discs?

Greg wrote...
Trophies and Fundraiser discs
Wow, you've got enough mugs to throw one hell of a party! (Hey, you
could call it the Festivus Party... :-)

The discs look great. What models did you get for the tourney discs?

PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

CFR Color Glow Champion Shrykes and Aviar3s $20 each, $11.50 toward Festivus.
Players pack discs:
Shimmer Star Thunderbirds and Roc3s
Star Destroyers and Shrykes
Chamipon "Flat top" Firebirds.
Extra players pack discs sold at $18 each, $7.50 toward Festivus.

The mugs... love my glaze choices, I asked for 25 and got a few extras, won't have to break ties, should have extras for the top keg throwers in the Calapooia feats of strength.

On Sunday, January 21, 2018, 11:31:28 AM PST, Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:

Greg wrote...
> Trophies and Fundraiser discs

Wow, you've got enough mugs to throw one hell of a party!  (Hey, you
could call it the Festivus Party... :-)

The discs look great.  What models did you get for the tourney discs?

Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

Sean Delohery

I don't think this is a great service for planning, it's too bulky, and not fast enough. Not for anything happening in real time. I do like it very much for voting and general club communication.

Peace
Sean Delohery
551-804-6310