Topics

call for agenda items

Robert Voss

Hello,

Please let us know if you have any agenda or action items that need discussion or update at the next regular meeting. There will not likely be much discussion at the pizza party, but we do want to stay on top of business items as best we can.

Thanks for your input!

Robert Voss
WDGC President

R E Lee

Robert,
Just a comment for Adair: The steps between 9 and 10 are very slippery during the winter. Are there any suggestions from members as to how to address a potential safety issue?

Thanks!
See you on Monday for pizza!  (vegetarian option preferred)

Karen Rasmussen Lee

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019, 1:35 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@... wrote:
Hello,

Please let us know if you have any agenda or action items that need discussion or update at the next regular meeting. There will not likely be much discussion at the pizza party, but we do want to stay on top of business items as best we can.

Thanks for your input!

Robert Voss
WDGC President

Bryce Downey

I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

Bryce

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 1:35 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
Hello,

Please let us know if you have any agenda or action items that need discussion or update at the next regular meeting. There will not likely be much discussion at the pizza party, but we do want to stay on top of business items as best we can.

Thanks for your input!

Robert Voss
WDGC President

Bryce wrote...
I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.
That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

PO Box 403 http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117 Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

marchaerling

Might I suggest...if anyone knows where to get old asphalt roofing...from an old job, maybe hit up a contractor, they pay for disposal and would probably gladly let you take old stuff...could nail/screw it down to the steps.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 07:07 Everett Kaser <everett@... wrote:
Bryce wrote...
> I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
> last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
> can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
> are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
> backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
> work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

Doug Ulfers

I have a partial roll of sanded asphalt roofing the club can have... if deemed an appropriate material for preventing slipping.

On Jan 4, 2019, at 7:31 AM, marchaerling <XIIIMIH@...> wrote:

Might I suggest...if anyone knows where to get old asphalt roofing...from an old job, maybe hit up a contractor, they pay for disposal and would probably gladly let you take old stuff...could nail/screw it down to the steps.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019, 07:07 Everett Kaser <everett@... wrote:
Bryce wrote...
> I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
> last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
> can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
> are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
> backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
> work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

Bryce Downey

It is good to do some problem solving and to then take action.  Thanks for the reply.

Bryce

On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 7:07 AM Everett Kaser <everett@...> wrote:
Bryce wrote...
> I was recently looking into the problem when I was at Home Depot
> last week. There is a sand paper like abrasive like material that
> can be purchased by the foot but is a bit spendy. I believe there
> are 15 feet per roll. One problem is that they have some adhesive
> backing and need to be put on when the step is dry. Stapling might
> work along with the sticky quality to hold in place.

That might work, but I fear it would get mud on it to the point that
the "sandpaper" quality would be lost. Some type of metal 'grid' or
'strips', with a maybe 1/4" high 'edge' would be more durable and
provide better long-term ...um... unslipperinessosity. But I don't
know what might fit that bill.

Everett Kaser Software      Logic & Puzzle Games for computers
PO Box 403                  http://www.kaser.com
Albany OR USA 97321-0117    Phone: 541-928-5259 8am-8pm PACIFIC TIME

Kelly Christiansen

Sounds like a job for the adair greens keeper if you ask me. So, i went to the HD and bought a 24x120 utility mat and some deck screws.  I cut a 4-5 inch strip and screwed it down to one of the steps. I quickly learned the mat needs to lay flat for awhile or get reverse-rolled as the edges wanted to lift up and needed to many screws. I also learned that i liked the smaller washers.

I'm not certain that this is ideal, but it's not costing much to try. Look for traction action as soon as the roll has relaxed.

kc