Topics

Fw: WDGC Invitational & Willamette Park Course Fund Raiser Summary

I am forwarding the message that I sent to all the participants and club members that were able to make it out and play the Blodgett Woods course this past weekend, renew or become club members for 2021, and contribute to our fund raising effort to replace baskets at Adair.  You can read the details below that interest you...

My course is going to be generally open to play for club members that contact me about coming out to play.
As long as there are not windy or other nasty weather conditions, I expect the course to be available to play.
This time of year through April is the best time to play my course before all the trees leaf out and lush ground cover starts competing with the ever present ferns.
Next summer it will get closed down for while, for a timber harvest to create a more defensible space around my house, and once that is done there will no doubt be major changes to a few of the holes.

Some participants used the Udisc app and my course is now set up with a map in Udisc.
We did not do the official scoring for what Robert set up with Udisc as a league.

I have red 3D printed next tee pointers on the baskets for navigation like Willamette and Adair, thanks to Mark Turley.
Mark and I have also talked about possibly making a 3D printed basket topper to add visibility.
Last week I put together temporary simple tee signs, white with 3" blue #s.
All the baskets have been numbered for a while now.

Let me know when you want to come out for more exercise than your normal disc golf round!
With a little luck and preplanning there will be a better chance that I can join you for all or part of the round.

Birdies for all!

Greg Johnson
541-760-2372
discgolfgreg@...