Topics

Join the club

Robert Voss

Hello disc golf fam,

We're doing good things! Join the club! Memberships sold now through the end of the year are good through 2021. At a minimum you get voting rights as a member but can be put on an email list, as well, if you like. Just contact me or any club officer, come to a meeting, or come to an event to join.

I get a lot of feedback about how WDGC is doing great things and people are impressed. They ask how to support the club. The easiest way is to join. A membership is only $10 a year and all of it goes directly back into your local disc golf experience. A minimal donation to a cause you support, if we look at it that way.

I also get a lot of feedback about how I run great tournaments, and people ask how to support me. Well, we already fill the tournaments, which is the basic way, but the next is to join the club! Doesn't matter if you live 200 miles away, your $10 is a donation to support our endeavors, and as I said before, all of it goes directly back into the local disc golf courses.

My first metric for the club is memberships. I know there are plenty of ways to measure success, and I do use those methods for other things. When it comes to the club, I have seen the memberships demographics shift in the last couple years, but the club isn't growing. That doesn't feel successful to me from that perspective. I see clubs like Cap City with twice as many members, and more people showing up to things like work parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that happened in the past. In the distant past at this point. I've proven to you all who I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is your turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io emails.

Respectfully,

Pres. Rob

Jay Sexton

You have convinced me Rob - where can I send my check - I do not want to
wait another minute to join the WDGC for 2021

Jay

On Wed, 11 Nov 2020 08:47:36 -0800, Robert Voss
<robertvoss.wdgc@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.
Respectfully,
Pres. Rob

Links:
------
[1] http://groups.io
[2] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/message/2235
[3]
mailto:main@wdgc.groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
[4]
mailto:robertvoss.wdgc@gmail.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
[5] https://groups.io/mt/78187061/549252
[6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
[7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
[8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
[9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Robert Voss

People still witte checks? That's a thing? LOL! Those need to end up with Greg. In your case, I plan to come see you at the grange on the 14th, so I could pick it up then.

Rob

mailto:robertvoss.wdgc@...?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BWDGC%5D%20Join%20the%20club
> [5] https://groups.io/mt/78187061/549252
> [6] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/post
> [7] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/editsub/549252
> [8] mailto:main+owner@wdgc.groups.io
> [9] https://wdgc.groups.io/g/main/leave/defanged

Greg Johnson

Checks can be mailed to the WDGC Treasurer

Greg Johnson
21044 Blodgett Road
Blodgett Oregon

I still need to work out the format for a COVID delayed and altered club even on my Blodgett Woods course.
I will put together a more formal announcement and invitation.

However, you can mark your calendars for Saturday December 5th.

It will not be the traditional one disc first round.
Sadly we cannon have a pot luck lunch or provide beverages, so it will be bring all that you need on that front.
Shotgun vs. staggered tee times TBD based on turn out and interest.

I want to allocate $5 out of $20 entry fees to new baskets for Willamette. +$1 for Ace Pot.
Membership renewal can happen at the event too for $10/$15 for families.

Greg Johnson
WDGC Treasurer

<robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
> [...]
> parties. We have 3 times as many people on this email list as we have
> club members. Why? What else can (I/we/club) do to earn your membership?
> The club is working hard for you. I am aware of some things that
happened
> in the past. In the distant past at this point. Ive proven to you all
who
> I am and what I can and will do for the club, and for you. Now it is
your
> turn to show me that you appreciate it and want it to continue. Please
> consider joining the club. Your membership means more than than $10 to
> the club and much more to me than you probably think. As always, please
> be aware that clicking reply will reply to all. If you would like to
> reply directly and privately, then use my email or click the link to
> email the sender only that is at the end the groups.io [1] emails.

Bryce Downey

Way to go Greg. Getting the ball (disc) rolling to echo Robert's goal for this year. New baskets here we come!

Bryce