Topics

New league, events updates, news

Robert Voss

Hello WDGC disc golfers,

The WDGC Invitational tournament at Greg's in Blodgett is this weekend. This is a social gathering more than a tournament, including a potluck lunch, though there is payouts in all divisions, ibcluding scrip for the ams. I hope to see a lot of you out there!

We have started a new handicap league this week. And a dozen people played! I apologize I did not send out an email notice before. To be honest I get focused on Facebook and other websites.

This league is in the evenings at 5:30 at Willamette, and we are using my formula that tilts slightly towards the better players. It proved to work quite well during the winter handicap league. Come one, come all. Big, small, short, tall, power arm or noodle, this league is for everyone and anyone can win just by playing better than their average! $1 per week for two weeks while setting your handicap, and then it is $5 a week paying out $4, and add $1 for ace pot. Come hang out and have a great time with us, and maybe win a little money once in a while.

And also, don't forget about Sunday doubles at Adair at 11 AM every weekend. This weekend is the trip to Newport to play with the Coast club on their awesome Wilder DGC. No doubles at Adair. Email me if you want to carpool and are not part of our Facebook group. Then, next month the Coast folks will come here the last weekend (May 26th) to play Adair Park DGC with our club. Mixing it up and having some extra fun!

Another recent announcement on Facebook, the Sexton Shootout at Adair has been scheduled for June 1.

As well, we announced that Calapooia Brewing will be the title sponsor for the Willamette Open this year. We will have food and beer vending on site. I'm also looking at having a band play after the awards until dark. Plan for this to be an extravaganza and to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Willamette course, and the club and tournament, in high style! Woohoo. Party!

Registration is open for the Willamette Trilogy Challenge club fundraiser on May 25 at Willamette Park DGC. If you can't register online at discgolfscene.com, then email me. We have discussed scrapping the painting of the baskets at Willamette in favor of getting new baskets. We will be implementing some dramatic changes to the Adair course. I'm working on getting us new, actual tee signs at Willamette. These are a couple of the bigger projects we need to work on financing. More information to come on these items at the club meeting in May.

There are still 4 more tournaments after that, continuing leagues, and other events like Scott Withers' Octoberfest I am assured is going to happen despite earlier misgivings! I also intend to host a holiday party this year that will hopefully include putting games, prizes, a potluck dinner, and gift exchange game.

As always, there are lots of good things planned and coming your way courtesy of your favorite disc golf club!

The next club meeting is May 6 at Woodstocks Pizza at 7 PM. Everyone is always welcome at all meetings.

Remember, to email me you can use the "reply to sender" link at the bottom of this email, or it is robertvoss.wdgc@....

Now get out there and #justgothrow

Robert