Time for new

Robert Voss

Hello WDGC email list,

Change has been in the wind. Many were already aware that this day was coming. I am announcing that I am stepping aside as club president and am also relinquishing all club event duties. I do so in distress and with a feeling of leaving things undone. We had only made it maybe 1/3 of the way to my long-term goals, but I believe my being out of the picture is the right thing to do for the future of the club.

I poured my heart, soul, and a ton of time and energy into this effort. I am thankful that I got this opportunity, and there have been some great accomplishments, but I am failing miserably at getting help. I am quite proud of putting together the tee sign and basket replacement projects, as examples. I am happy to receive continuous feedback that the club profile has grown immensely inside and even well outside the area; We are known to be a club that gets things done and runs a good show. And yet, the things I could not accomplish are growing the club membership, building a volunteer base, and fostering relationships with sponsors and higher-level players. The club membership is not growing and the volunteer base is nearly nonexistent. I do not get nearly enough support in day-to-day activities or events. I am to blame but I both cannot and will not continue to do all this primarily alone. Due to it, I am almost constantly feeling stressed and irritable and have lost my chill. My passion for volunteering is used up and I have run out of desire to continue the struggle. It is time to turn it over to someone else that has the necessary people skills to take the club to the next level.

I do not know what my future holds. I will do the best I can to remember my successes and not dwell on the failure. I expect that I may continue to run some future events under different circumstances. In the meantime, a copious amount of recreational disc golf is in my future as I attempt to relocate my Zen. Maybe I'll see you out on a course somewhere.

Best regards,

Rob

Doug Ulfers

Sorry to hear it!…I’ve not been an active player or involved at all for close to 5 years…I helped where I could with new tee pads at both courses and the work party’s and was always surprised by how few players felt like they wanted to give something back to the club!  You have put out many times your fair share to the cause and need feel no regrets at letting go of something that will suck you dry…It’s somebody else’s turn!
Thanks for what you did do and feel free to play for the next 100 years or so with no guilt!
Doug Ulfers

On Sep 27, 2022, at 4:09 PM, Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:

[...]

Pete Fuessle

Thanks for all your hard work Rob !  I hope to get some rounds in with yah in near future.  I don’t think most people could even got close to getting done what you did .  Mad respect sir

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 4:09 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
[...]

Bob Burton

You join a small and distinguished cadre of people who have put their hearts and souls into making Disc Golf in our area the very good experience that it is! You belong in the mid valley Disc Golf Hall of Fame! I would not feel bad about not inspiring lots of others to take responsibility for maintaining the course. That is a structural reality that has been present since the beginning of Disc Golf. Thank you for your service to our club and to our sport! I hope you have lots of fun playing disc golf free from the burden of leadership.
Bob Burton

. If some word seems outrageous, Siri did it.