Topics

Time to move on

Robert Voss

Hello club,

Today was a triple whammy. It has been building, came close once before, but it has all collectively finally done it for me. It is time for someone else to step up and be club president and for me to take a step back from the club. I was never the right person for this job. I stepped in and took a job no one else wanted at the time because I didn't want to see the club die, but I don't want to do it anymore.

Now is as good a time as any since there isn't anything going on and hasn't been for a couple months. Next time we can have a meeting we will put in names for nominees and then vote the meeting after. I'll commit to running the couple club PDGA tournaments since I already said I would, if we still want me to, and if we even get to hold them.

I have my reasons is all there is to say about it. Think or say what we will, but it's been 2 years and I put more into it than most anyone else could know. I am okay with it and I only hope for the best for the future for the club.

Regards,

Rob

P.S.
I don't think the bylaws technically allow it and I'm too lazy to look right now, but if the other officers agree then we can go ahead and do it via email. For instance, have folks submit nominations via email in a set period, tally them, and then folks with at least 2 nominations would be put on a virtual ballot that would be emailed to the voting members.

Richard Hervey

Rob,

Let's talk soon.  I regret your resignation, but am not surprised given our club culture of "let the Pres do it all".

Richard

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 3:10 PM Robert Voss <robertvoss.wdgc@...> wrote:
[...]

Greg Johnson

I'm not sure what happened recently beyond the damage reported to one of the new signs at Willamette.
There isn't much going on for any sports these days.  At least we can still play casually.

Robert you have done as good a job as anyone could have in what sometimes feels like a thankless position.  The club in general had lost a lot of traction with declining active membership for a few years, and no one being interested in running sanctioned events. A handful of people do everything for the benefit of the local community that we are part of.

As with recent years we will be lucky to have anyone step up to be President, much less get the club back to hosting sanctioned tournaments, which many local players enjoy.  When we can get back to having them, I look forward to playing in more sanctioned events too.

It seems that in the current environment that we should be able to conduct such business electronically. I am not sure anyone active but you has familiarity with the IO Groups voting, and group administration.

Greg