Topics

Willamette Open Emergency!!

Nathan Sexton
 

Hey Everybody,
  County parks has decided to veto our proposed WOXIV date due to a 200 person wedding at Adair on Saturday July 28th. I talked with them about just not using the shelter but they are worried about the overall strain on the parking and trash bins out there which I can understand. I talked to city parks about possible dates to reschedule to and Willamette is free and clear on:

July 7/8 (Bad Monkey Open)
July 14/15 (Willamette Wash)
Aug 18/19 (Calapooia Classic)
Aug 25/26 (Next Adventure Am Championships)
Sept 1/2 (Hornings Disc Golf Championships) Not sure who is running this or how big it will be
Sept 8/9 (Crystal Mountain WA, Possibly Eugene Celebration)
Sept 15/16 (ORDGC)
Sept 29/30


It may be possible to convince parks to let us stick to our original weekend if we are contained to the first two parking lots and do not go beyond the ball fields. What are the members thoughts? Should we slink back into late September again or should we try to compete with another event?
  Nate

Eric Smith
 

I’m guessing you didn’t have the shelter reserved?

 

 

From: wdgc@... [mailto:wdgc@...] On Behalf Of Nathan Sexton
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 5:30 PM
To: wdgc@...
Subject: [wdgc] Willamette Open Emergency!!

 

 

Hey Everybody,

  County parks has decided to veto our proposed WOXIV date due to a 200 person wedding at Adair on Saturday July 28th. I talked with them about just not using the shelter but they are worried about the overall strain on the parking and trash bins out there which I can understand. I talked to city parks about possible dates to reschedule to and Willamette is free and clear on:

 

July 7/8 (Bad Monkey Open)

July 14/15 (Willamette Wash)

Aug 18/19 (Calapooia Classic)

Aug 25/26 (Next Adventure Am Championships)

Sept 1/2 (Hornings Disc Golf Championships) Not sure who is running this or how big it will be

Sept 8/9 (Crystal Mountain WA, Possibly Eugene Celebration)

Sept 15/16 (ORDGC)

Sept 29/30

 

 

It may be possible to convince parks to let us stick to our original weekend if we are contained to the first two parking lots and do not go beyond the ball fields. What are the members thoughts? Should we slink back into late September again or should we try to compete with another event?

  Nate

Mike Gibson
 

I probably won't play--but when I did--I thought September was a great month for it.
Mike


From: Nathan Sexton
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 5:29 PM
Subject: [wdgc] Willamette Open Emergency!!

 
Hey Everybody,
  County parks has decided to veto our proposed WOXIV date due to a 200 person wedding at Adair on Saturday July 28th. I talked with them about just not using the shelter but they are worried about the overall strain on the parking and trash bins out there which I can understand. I talked to city parks about possible dates to reschedule to and Willamette is free and clear on:

July 7/8 (Bad Monkey Open)
July 14/15 (Willamette Wash)
Aug 18/19 (Calapooia Classic)
Aug 25/26 (Next Adventure Am Championships)
Sept 1/2 (Hornings Disc Golf Championships) Not sure who is running this or how big it will be
Sept 8/9 (Crystal Mountain WA, Possibly Eugene Celebration)
Sept 15/16 (ORDGC)
Sept 29/30


It may be possible to convince parks to let us stick to our original weekend if we are contained to the first two parking lots and do not go beyond the ball fields. What are the members thoughts? Should we slink back into late September again or should we try to compete with another event?
  Nate


Kimberly Halsey
 

I agree - summer is a difficult time to fit in all the events that one
wants to do - September!

Quoting mike gibson <disharoonone@...>:

I probably won't play--but when I did--I thought September was a
great month for it.
Mike


________________________________
From: Nathan Sexton <sextondisc@...>
To: wdgc@...
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 5:29 PM
Subject: [wdgc] Willamette Open Emergency!!


 
Hey Everybody,
  County parks has decided to veto our proposed WOXIV date due to a
200 person wedding at Adair on Saturday July 28th. I talked with
them about just not using the shelter but they are worried about the
overall strain on the parking and trash bins out there which I can
understand. I talked to city parks about possible dates to
reschedule to and Willamette is free and clear on:

July 7/8 (Bad Monkey Open)
July 14/15 (Willamette Wash)
Aug 18/19 (Calapooia Classic)
Aug 25/26 (Next Adventure Am Championships)
Sept 1/2 (Hornings Disc Golf Championships) Not sure who is running
this or how big it will be
Sept 8/9 (Crystal Mountain WA, Possibly Eugene Celebration)
Sept 15/16 (ORDGC)
Sept 29/30


It may be possible to convince parks to let us stick to our original
weekend if we are contained to the first two parking lots and do not
go beyond the ball fields. What are the members thoughts? Should we
slink back into late September again or should we try to compete
with another event?
  Nate


Assistant Professor
Microbiology
Oregon State University
541-737-1831 (office)
541-737-1806 (lab)

Mike Storrs
 

sept 29/30 is the most beautiful time of the year to play golf in the valley. People may not want to camp due to the chill nights. Just put something rain related (even handwarmers) in the players pack and the rain gods will be appeased.

storrs

--- In wdgc@..., Nathan Sexton <sextondisc@...> wrote:

Hey Everybody,
County parks has decided to veto our proposed WOXIV date due to a 200
person wedding at Adair on Saturday July 28th. I talked with them about
just not using the shelter but they are worried about the overall strain on
the parking and trash bins out there which I can understand. I talked to
city parks about possible dates to reschedule to and Willamette is free and
clear on:

July 7/8 (Bad Monkey Open)
July 14/15 (Willamette Wash)
Aug 18/19 (Calapooia Classic)
Aug 25/26 (Next Adventure Am Championships)
Sept 1/2 (Hornings Disc Golf Championships) Not sure who is running this or
how big it will be
Sept 8/9 (Crystal Mountain WA, Possibly Eugene Celebration)
Sept 15/16 (ORDGC)
Sept 29/30


It may be possible to convince parks to let us stick to our original
weekend if we are contained to the first two parking lots and do not go
beyond the ball fields. What are the members thoughts? Should we slink back
into late September again or should we try to compete with another event?
Nate