Topics

Willamette Open, July meeting

Robert Voss

Hello disc folks,

Let's have the July meeting since we will have just had the delayed dubs tournament the day before and now also have The Open planned. I'll need to order discs for The Open by then. We'll do it outside since it is nice. Meet at Willamette Park shelter area at 7 PM.

Good news: the Willamette Open is going forward as a C-tier at Willamette Park on August 15 and 16. Registration will go live tonight! We have $300 added cash for pros, and 2 Discraft discs and a shirt player packs for amateurs! Pros will have the option to buy a shirt for $12.

All ams will get 150% entry value from the player pack (almost 2x PDGA requirement) so no payouts are planned. There will be at least one CTP for each amateur division and then we will see where the budget shakes out. Maybe more CTP in bigger divisions. The club does not make money from tournaments, so it will go out as gift cards for some kind of prizes if there is money left.

- AMATEURS, YOU ONLY HAVE UNTIL JULY 12 TO GUARANTEE YOUR DISC SELECTION! After that you will get to select from what is available.

- We have until August 1 to guarantee shirt sizes. After that you will get to select from what is available.

Some informational highlights: Online registration only, tee times, quick walk-by check-in with player packs bundled ahead of time, live scoring with paper backup, online player meeting and awards. COVID-19 social distancing protocols in place, "Just roll with it."

Registration link:
https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Willamette_Open_2020

Best regards,

Rob