Topics

Work Party the last weekend of July

Nathan Sexton

WDGC,
  I would like to have another big work party either Saturday July 28th or Sunday July 29th. Should I order more chips and or gravel through the parks or do we need to save up some money first? I would like to have as many weed whackers as we can muster for some cleanup work. I would also like to put the finishing touches on #6 and #11 (Which will hopefully be playable by then). I am still looking into the cost of a concrete mixer rental. I think the Sunday might be the better option as I think there is a big wedding Saturday and we wouldn't want to disturb them with our working songs. Discuss!!
  Nate

Bill Gaskill

I'm working on the 29th.  Saturday only works for me.  if sunday is better for everyone, thats cool.  if we can get more folks out on sat., maybe we could find out what time the wedding takes place and try to do it before or after... mornings and evenings are better for work anyway, now that summer is actually here!

billy

On Jul 11, 2012 12:00 PM, "Nathan Sexton" <sextondisc@...> wrote:

WDGC,

  I would like to have another big work party either Saturday July 28th or Sunday July 29th. Should I order more chips and or gravel through the parks or do we need to save up some money first? I would like to have as many weed whackers as we can muster for some cleanup work. I would also like to put the finishing touches on #6 and #11 (Which will hopefully be playable by then). I am still looking into the cost of a concrete mixer rental. I think the Sunday might be the better option as I think there is a big wedding Saturday and we wouldn't want to disturb them with our working songs. Discuss!!
  Nate

Nathan wrote...
I would like to have another big work party either Saturday July 28th or
Sunday July 29th. Should I order more chips and or gravel through the parks
or do we need to save up some money first?
Saturday would be best for me, as I'll be busy on Sunday, I think.

We may want to hold off on ordering more gravel, since the club's
funds are a bit extended right now. Wood chips have usually been free,
when we can get them.

Agreed.  Isn't there a little gravel left?

Do we have any materials for reconstructing tree protectors?  I will try to note during the wash which ones are most needed and which have some reusable material.  We might need to wait on this as well.

Greg

> I would like to have another big work party either Saturday July 28th or
> Sunday July 29th. Should I order more chips and or gravel through the parks
> or do we need to save up some money first?

Saturday would be best for me, as I'll be busy on Sunday, I think.

We may want to hold off on ordering more gravel, since the club's
funds are a bit extended right now. Wood chips have usually been free,
when we can get them.

I could help on Saturday.  We might not to work on 11-13 that day to stay away from the wedding party.  We should be able to work elsewhere on a course without issues but we should probably clear that with parks to see if Sat is even an option.  Greg

[...]

Greg wrote...
Isn't there a little gravel left?
A little pile, good for putting in front of tees, or patching
up SMALL spots on paths, but there's not a whole lot left there.

Do we have any materials for reconstructing tree protectors?  I
will try to note during the wash which ones are most needed and
which have some reusable material.  We might need to wait on this as well.
Yes, Dr. Bob dropped off some boards that are laying on the chip pile
behind tee #3, and also there is one or two boards still useable for
repairing/rebuilding the tree protector on #8. All we need is a little
rope and some stain (for Dr. Bob's boards). Jay had the remains of
the can of stain that he'd bought several years back.

NATE: maybe you can check with Jay and see if he still has the can,
and can tell you where it's at. He might also still have some of the
rope left that he was using on tree protectors a couple of years ago.
If not, I can get 20-30 feet of rope easy enough.

Nathan Sexton

Sounds good, I will see if my dad still has the stain. I think we should probably just go with Sunday the 29th. Or both days if people are available I can likely come out and work both days. We need to keep our ears to the ground for somebody we know who is ripping out a deck or something, that is the amount of wood we need as I think there are probably 25+ unprotected trees out there that could use it. I would like to try to put in a new teepad on Sunday if we have the required expertise and I can work out getting us a mixer or truck.